Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Gesamtkunstwerk
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

This game was promoted really hard and everyone always talked about how realistic peoples' faces look in this game.
In real life I am terrible at interpreting facial expressions and it even goes so far, that I often can't tell the difference between the face human beings make when they cry and when they laugh (the sounds distract me too) but in this game it was way worse.
I only managed to sometimes guess the right answer and then it didn't feel that good.
Anyways, did other people on here have problems with this game aswell?

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

It was a bit tricky at first, but I got the hang of the face part, my problem was remembering if I have the wright evidence to catch the guy in a lie :lol:

Gesamtkunstwerk
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2013, 11:18 am

The whole evidence thing was a bit of a mess and I the ratings I got on my first playthrough were really bad.
On my second playthrough I just reloaded all the time and memorized the right answers, expressions etc.
That's how I got the hang of it. I know, it's a bit of a cheap tactic but there are not too many other ways for a completionist. :wink:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

My favorite bit thought, was driving around smashing into things :twisted:

Gesamtkunstwerk
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2013, 6:38 pm

I never drove into things because I wanted to get good scores.
Too bad my bad driving skills made me bump into things all the time so I just let my partner drive 8)

crush500
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2013, 9:32 pm

I loved LA Noire even though I was awful at it. However, I was able to memorize the correct answers the first time I played through it so now I know which ones to pick without having to read the faces.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 12:32 am

Ah, but it was so much fun to falsely accuse the man's wife in the first detective case of murdering him.

I did the first playthrough often doing things intentionally wrong. I can't run around and kill hookers like I could in GTA, but I could be a bad cop in that respect. :P

Gesamtkunstwerk
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Ah, but it was so much fun to falsely accuse the man's wife in the first detective case of murdering him.

Why would you do that? That actively makes you score bad while knowing it.
Where is the point?

Gesamtkunstwerk
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2013, 1:43 pm

crush500 wrote:
I loved LA Noire even though I was awful at it. However, I was able to memorize the correct answers the first time I played through it so now I know which ones to pick without having to read the faces.

Yes, I did the same in my second playthrough but this kind of made it all pointless.
Well, this game was obviously made for being played through once and then never or only a few times again

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm

Sorry for the resurrection of this topic, but GOD DAMN IT! I have installed L.A. Noire today and, although it is an excellent game, it is one of the most difficult I have played! I am going through interrogation by detecting contradictions between testimony and evidence (thank you, Ace Attorney), but when something that is not covered by the evidence comes up, I am just accusing or believing witnesses at random. I expected the game to have some sort of tutorial on how to detect liars. :oops:

Anyway, I played up to the last mission as a police officer trying to get a perfect score (finding all evidence and getting every correct answer). However, when I got to the first detective mission, things got very complicated and I gave up on restarting a nearly completed mission simply because I missed the last few answers. I am managing to get 4 stars due to my behavior, clues found and side missions, but my ratio of correct answers is just a little over 50%. This is easily the most frustrating game I have played, because sometimes I have no idea of what was my mistake.

Still, it is a very good game. I would recommend it to everyone.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

AndrewD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Sorry for the resurrection of this topic, but GOD DAMN IT! I have installed L.A. Noire today and, although it is an excellent game, it is one of the most difficult I have played! I am going through interrogation by detecting contradictions between testimony and evidence (thank you, Ace Attorney), but when something that is not covered by the evidence comes up, I am just accusing or believing witnesses at random. I expected the game to have some sort of tutorial on how to detect liars. :oops:

Anyway, I played up to the last mission as a police officer trying to get a perfect score (finding all evidence and getting every correct answer). However, when I got to the first detective mission, things got very complicated and I gave up on restarting a nearly completed mission simply because I missed the last few answers. I am managing to get 4 stars due to my behavior, clues found and side missions, but my ratio of correct answers is just a little over 50%. This is easily the most frustrating game I have played, because sometimes I have no idea of what was my mistake.

Still, it is a very good game. I would recommend it to everyone.

I recommend watching some "The First 48" and generally studying the way people act when lying. People often do things like avoid eye contact, fold their arms, tense up, change the subject, etc. A decent way to test people is to look down at your book, wait a few seconds, and then look back up to see if they break eye contact.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

Wow! Are you telling me that the option to look at the suspect/witness while inspecting your notes has an actual use? I thought it was just something the developers threw in to show of the characters expressions. That game may be a little frustrating at times, but it is very impressive.

And thank you for the tips. I have just realized that I never bothered looking at their entire body: I am concentrating too hard on their eyes, voice tone and the words they say (specifically: finding contradictions, which does not always work because some lies are too good).

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 2:23 pm

I watched a gameplay of it once. I couldn't believe how much swearing was in it, and the game takes place back in what, the 1940's or 50's? The person who made the videos blurred out the nudity of the female murder victims for fear of being flagged on YT but swearing is still okay, huh? :?