Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

As a person with Aspergers' , I sometimes feel I was born too late , if I'd ben bnorn later I might have been DX'd sooner...and people might've been nicer to me .
Perhaps my life wouldn't be as independent...but , as it is , I'm independent but homelss , ALL of the posessions I built through my lifetime are gone , my teeny little inheritance was stolen from me , I am in danger of amputationj/gangerene due to being left alone...I could continue . :( :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 7:34 pm

amputation/gangrene?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 7:52 pm

...I give background on it on my " ASS-P's response to ' amputate ' post " or similarly titled , I'm running out of library computer time now , and want to experience a little sun now - if I can .
I'VE BEEN COMPULSIVELY COMPUTE-ING AWAY FOR SO LONG .

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

sorry you're having such a hard time. I couldn't find any of your other posts. please go to the ER if your affected limb is gangrenous.

sapphireblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

unfortunately people are mean even knowing about a diagnosis. My two children with asperger syndrome are often victims of bullying and ostracism. Even in families there is criticism and lack of understanding as many young users here can attest. Take care of yourself. You can do it. Don't blame others because you did not get medical help you needed. Find a free clinic or community health Center. It sounds like you have diabetes? Just a guess as that is a common problem with diabetes. They can probably help you find resources for other things as well. There are services for homeless, disabled, etc. It is extremely difficult to deal with all you need. I can't even imagine. It must seem hopeless at times. Getting medical help would probably be the easiest to deal with out of everything you have to deal with.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

Hello ASS-P,

it's been a long time.

Is your diabetes getting worse?

Don't you have any medical aid at all?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 11:26 pm

i hope you can hold on until the exchanges open.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 11:33 pm

...The post I was referring to was headlined " ASS-P's response to ' amputation " post " .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

...I meant that medical types have tended to say that my lower-toe open wound could become gangerous .
Also , at the bone level , there's a " lesser " level of infection ` Sometimes , I get perscribed antibiotics , rtake them for a while , the pills run out and I suppose the condition has improved slightly ` So I don't get any more pills a, and they go downhill !
I tend to think that , with the OK-ish level of care I am able to access now with the Medical I have , or maybe a little bit better , if I could just rest - Basically , if I had an aunt's house or grandmother's I could stay at - I don't :cry: :( - I could eventually get better I think .
You know , just to combine bitching and moaning , I seer the " college life " thread - I see these statistics that " $____ amount in grants can be gotten by practically anybody (In the U.S. "...Really ? WHO ?!?!?
I have been spat on and ignored by clollege admissions types SO MUCH , I would needd , leaving money to the side , help in getting through bureaucratic forestry in ever doing a " reyurn-to-college " application...No one will help . :cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 5:28 pm

...This libratry is a combination-public library and San Jose State Univesity (or whatever) one , so it's open later , whoopee (not sarcastic ??)...There's a lot of assumed " students " here . I don';t mind , inside...But , just earlier to-day , walking back inside the library after being hassled by a guard over napping on the grass in front of the lib. , seeing syudent-types on " green " college land , with old buildings , doing " syudent " things...got me sad . It is now too .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

yeah, life passes me by also. :hmph:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 5:51 pm

...Of course , there's me being " normal "/pretending to be so...Like , participating in a Facebook group called " JOAN CRAWFORD BABYLON " which simply revolves around people putting weird old pictures of JC (or Christina Crawford or Faye Dunaway in a pinch) up and saying snide things under them ! !! !! !! !! !!
Ah . " The Irony Epidemic " .
I mean , I've never even , even when I had a pad and cable SEEN Turner Classic Movies...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

...Fine .ay it . I get sad when I see people having the cliched " college student experience" ......... I never had

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

i never had it either, even though i was in college for a bit, i was always just an outlier, totally out of my element.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:22 pm

...I was , technically/whatever , i college briefly , too , to get that specified .
When I made attempts to " go back " - it all blew up in my face . No help .
:cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

i didn't really have any good reason to be there, IOW there was no "path" for me to follow.