Do I have any chance of getting a girl

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2013, 9:42 am

I just can't see myself getting anyone and its making me depressed. I am 21 with no job, virgin, weird and don't talk too much in public, I feel hopeless and a waste of space.. Being nice doesn't get me anywhere but I can't help it. I feel like I don't have enough faith in myself and it completely turns woman off. Do I have any chance?

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 9:45 am

At the risk of sounding cliche, it sounds like you don't really like/love yourself... why would she?
I'm not trying to be mean, but I think maybe you should stop focusing on trying to get a girl/girlfriend and work on your own personal development/career etc.

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2013, 9:51 am

To be honest I can't really tell if I do or not. I've been doing that for years and I don't have an interest in anything so its hard to decide a career to follow

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 10:25 am

HeyimJoel wrote:
To be honest I can't really tell if I do or not. I've been doing that for years and I don't have an interest in anything so its hard to decide a career to follow

Everyone is interested in something or there would be no purpose to life. :?

meems
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 10:32 am

HeyimJoel wrote:

It seems like you're really in the grip of depression. Have you got any way of trying to work on your depression? Sometimes in the midst of working on your personal problems you'll find something you're interested in.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

When you're at rock bottom it's actually the easiest time to figure out what you're passionate about, because it's probably the only thing you're still doing.
You might be horribly depressed, miserable, and possibly suicidal yet you keep doing this thing... what is it for you?
For me it was Philosophy, I was in the hospital after a suicide attempt and the only thing I wanted to do is read Philosophy, so I knew it was a core part of me.

Ya dig? :P

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 2:05 pm

HeyimJoel wrote:
I just can't see myself getting anyone and its making me depressed. I am 21 with no job, virgin, weird and don't talk too much in public, I feel hopeless and a waste of space.. Being nice doesn't get me anywhere but I can't help it. I feel like I don't have enough faith in myself and it completely turns woman off. Do I have any chance?

As you are right now, probably not. If you work toward improving socially and you find the biggest fixable flaws about you to change, you will naturally gain the confidence you need.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 2:11 pm

Since you're in Australia, I would highly recommend a trip to Thailand.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

you´re the male version of me

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 3:52 pm

You do have a chance, but only when you are able to change your opinion of yourself

BrightEyed
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

HeyimJoel wrote:

Sucks to see that your low perception of self has gotten you in a bind. :\
But honestly I prefer to be alone myself however it's one of those things that I think women in general are more aware of since we are told things like "if you don't love you, no one will".

So it's kinda expected sadly that guys have this self confidence. I could go on about false gender dichotomies and what not but that gets nowhere.

Start with the small things and work up to larger problems that affect your ability to love yourself.
If anything when I feel down at times I just remember times when I have been told thank you and such and such vs what I have failed at doing.

Every person matters. But it all comes down to whether or not you have the motivation to change for the better.

So I think this is something far deeper that a relationship cannot and should not solve. Because it creates unhealthy dependency.
For me given my Anxiety Disorder that puts me at risk of putting myself in harms way for someone else's happiness in order to obtain my own.

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

Girls suck anyways. They have kooties

Ways To Improve Stress:

-Watch Smosh Videos. Why? Because they're funny and funny thing puts you in a better mood.

-Get a pet dog. Seriously getting a pet dog will make you feel better.

-If you're a Christian, go to church. The pastor sometimes has good things to say and you can meet women there.

-Hug someone for 7 seconds. I'm dead serious studies have shown hugging someone for 7 seconds makes you feel better.

Well thats all I got.

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2013, 6:54 pm

Thanks guys