Would you ever date a fat or obese person?

Page 1 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Ratae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2013, 2:12 pm

Personally, I've never found larger women attractive. Its a shame really because a few fat girls have expressed interest me in the past, but I just wasn't attracted to their bodies and faces. Its why I remain 34 years old and have never had a girlfriend. I wish slender women would express interest, but it has never happened.

People often say I should lower my standards and give a fat girl a chance. I could never do this; I find it insulting when people say such things. I'm not fat myself. I've never found fat women attractive because they don't trigger any kind of 'hornyness' in me, there's no sexual arousal so I could not perform with them. I guess a fat body type is the opposite of ideal femininity - they have no curves, they weigh more than you, have huge ham sized arms and legs, lack of mobility and possible health concerns. Not very gracile is it? I'd rather remain single to be honest. I'm quite active and like cycling, walking and soccer. I can't imagine a fat chick doing these activities with me.

How about you? Could you date a fatty?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

Yes, certainly. I'm fat myself, and I'm definitely attracted to fat women. Mmm. :D

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

No. I couldn't, not only do I find excess fat a big turn off. There's other silly reasons too.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

I'm taking bets on how quickly this thread gets locked.

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2013, 2:23 pm

It's awful that people say you should "lower your standards": if you don't fancy someone then, well, you simply don't fancy them. And I don't think there are many guys that can honestly say they have never gone with someone they didn't really fancy just because they could, so kudos to you.
Now let's wait for the "but it's what's on the inside that counts" brigade to show up.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:35 pm

IDontGetIt wrote:
It's awful that people say you should "lower your standards": if you don't fancy someone then, well, you simply don't fancy them. And I don't think there are many guys that can honestly say they have never gone with someone they didn't really fancy just because they could, so kudos to you.
Now let's wait for the "but it's what's on the inside that counts" brigade to show up.

Well there are some people that do believe they're entitled to a supermodel when they themselves aren't much to gaze at. And those do need to lower standards or stop complaining about their so called bad luck.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

I would, because I'm in the same boat. I'm also very tired of the feminine ideal and the fat bashing that goes on here. If I want to be a healthy large than let me.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:

I agree. It'll get heated, and then offensive, and then the Mod will come and lock.

:lmao:

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

The short answer is a qualified yes. It depends on your definition of obese WRT overweight. I think that other issues are more important, such as personality, like interests, background, etc., but at some point grossly overweight individuals do become a real turn-off. Personally, I like don't mind if a woman is overweight, or if she isn't a perfect 10. Some of the best girlfriends I have had were overweight and some were maybe 2-3's at best, but they were really wonderful in lots of other respects and that's what matters most. As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover!

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2013, 3:01 pm

I'm straight, but I do think and can tell which girls are attractive. For example,I don't think there's anything wrong with chubby girls or perhaps overweight girls since they are almost normal weight anyway and can perform active things like running and walking to places. It only starts getting bad when their health can become effeective, then it doesn't become an issue of attraction, it becomes an issue of their health is all. In addition, yes, I have gone out with a "fat"(overweight) guy before because back in that time I was very attracted to his personality and didn't care how he looked like or didn't even think it mattered anyway.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

i'm slightly over weight and married to an obese gentleman. i'm attracted to his huge vocabulary. I've mostly been attracted to thin men and until older have been thin myself. now I use fantasies to spice up my romantic response. he is thoughtful and considerate, which goes a long way in the "making someone a good lover" department.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 3:32 pm

Even though I am overweight myself, I don't find overweight women attractive. I like thinner girls.

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

I've got friends who are deeply, intensely, connected and happy, and they have an incredible sex. Also they are intellectually, emotional and sexually they are thrilled by each other. They are the most amazing couple I have ever met in my life.

He is AS and she is NT. He is very skinny and she is a few stone bigger than some folk see as ideal (but fit and active, just very curvy, very voluptuos, very lovely).

He never "dropped his standards" (weird words strange people), he just fell in love and became totally utterly complete in his life because they are meant to be together. He wasn't influenced by socially defined weird and stupid crap such as "standards".

If he had cared so much about what size is meant to be attractive he wouldn't be happy with the one life that he has been given.

Instead because he got turned on by the sharpness of her brain, the kindness of her heart, her spirit, character, soul, humour, and her massive enthusiasm for sex...she became the very definition of beauty to him. Ones lovers become beautiful in a way that you can only understand if you get past all this "standards" stuff. Its bollocks pal, get past it.

Instead of being lonely and frustrated, he is f*****g himself crazy and living the one life he has fully with someone who he sees is uniquely beautiful.
That really happens to people.

You chose your life. Why don't you give it a go, to see how it goes? what have you got to lose by experimenting to see how you really feel? Do you really think you know yourself so well? I've spent my life finding out extraordinary things about myself that I didn t know.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

I'm slender myself and in all honesty, I don't find myself being attracted to a larger person, man or a woman.

One can't force attraction. I've never minded thin/skinny frame and can also be attracted to slightly muscular build, but personally, excess fat on a person's waistline is a huge turn off for me.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into fat/skinny bashing, though.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

pastafarian wrote:
I've got friends who are deeply, intensely, connected and happy, and they have an incredible sex. Also they are intellectually, emotional and sexually they are thrilled by each other. They are the most amazing couple I have ever met in my life.

He is AS and she is NT. He is very skinny and she is a few stone bigger than some folk see as ideal (but fit and active, just very curvy, very voluptuos, very lovely).

He never "dropped his standards" (weird words strange people), he just fell in love and became totally utterly complete in his life because they are meant to be together. He wasn't influenced by socially defined weird and stupid crap such as "standards".

If he had cared so much about what size is meant to be attractive he wouldn't be happy with the one life that he has been given.

Instead because he got turned on by the sharpness of her brain, the kindness of her heart, her spirit, character, soul, humour, and her massive enthusiasm for sex...she became the very definition of beauty to him. Ones lovers become beautiful in a way that you can only understand if you get past all this "standards" stuff. Its bollocks pal, get past it.

Instead of being lonely and frustrated, he is f***ing himself crazy and living the one life he has fully with someone who he sees is uniquely beautiful.
That really happens to people.

You chose your life. Why don't you give it a go, to see how it goes? what have you got to lose by experimenting to see how you really feel? Do you really think you know yourself so well? I've spent my life finding out extraordinary things about myself that I didn t know.

:hail:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm

aspiesandra27 wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
I agree. It'll get heated, and then offensive, and then the Mod will come and lock.

I found an image entitled "Burning Finger of the Apocalypse" (... guess which finger ...), but posting it might get me banned for trolling, and without getting this thread locked.

But would I date a "fat" woman? Yes. I have dated a few women whom some might consider "fat".