Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 3:23 pm

There are some old strip pits not too far that are full of water and it's where everybody goes swimming. I can't swim well but I can float in a tube really good. I want to see if the kids would like to go and we can spend the day there this weekend. We have a county lake but I don't like it that well and my MIL lives on another lake but for some reason I like the strip pits better. I also used to like lock 17 but I don't go there any more since a friend drowned there.

Whats everybody's favorite swimming place? Lake, ocean, river, swimming pool, which is your preference?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Apr 2013, 3:25 pm

I like going to the small streams that run away from the Columbia river, and Cannon Beach is one of my favorite vacation spots.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 8:48 pm

I like swimming at the forty foot when the weather is good. But most days I go to a local public pool.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 9:10 pm

The beach on either side of Seal Beach Pier in California.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

For swimming itself, I like indoor swimming pools with slightly heated water. It's even better if they have some cafe or something within the complex where I can relax a bit in between swimming.

If not going into water I don't mind beaches. I don't generally like going into natural waters because there can be some dangers there.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm

Growing up in Corona/ Riverside it was the river bottom. These days it's the jacuzzi in the backyard

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 7:18 am

St. Joseph Peninsula State park in Port St. Joe Florida has one of the best beaches in the country.

There's a really nice spot on the Cahaba River not far from where I work where the river goes over a tiny fall and hits a deep spot, then widens out and moves on. I really like it but I don't go alone anymore after some dudes showed up who were bragging about how they'd just gotten out of county jail. And there are poisonous snakes around too.

I'm not fond of pools because of the chlorine.

Last edited by Mindsigh on 26 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 11:43 am

I live in Michigan. I am surrounded by beaches.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

...tethered swimming to create an endless pool effect, so it's totally private, or away (minus the sharks):

[img][800:1200]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xVmzpbPBt3Q/T0UY1iSLPTI/AAAAAAAAFfs/G5Zwt8YdQ-A/s1600/Trade+Winds,+Maldive+Islands.jpg[/img]

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

KF2M
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

The Jersey Shore (not Snookie, and her band of nitwits).

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

My grandmother who lives next door has a swimming pool, and my family and I would come over and use it. On some weekends during the summer, my grandmother would have pool parties and invite everyone in our family to swim and have barbecues.

WarmAir
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

KF2M wrote:
The Jersey Shore (not Snookie, and her band of nitwits).

Me too! I love the NJ Shore! I mean the land, not the show. I hate the show!

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 5:07 am

I like natural swimming places, so ponds, rivers, natural beaches and so on. I visit public baths too, because its either nearer or its winter so you cant go swimming outside, but I dont like them that much because you have to pay so much money to be enclosed with other people, there is noise everywhere... Best place is in nature with noone exept your friends around you. :)

Funnily I dont like that sand beaches. So we have fewer sand beaches where I go (france atlantic beach with stones or croation stone coast with normal woods and grass behind it), so some hotels started to create artificial sand beaches. I dont see the advantage. The sand flys into your eyes, into your stuff, it sticks on your body, gets into the pages of your book when you read, in your foold and everywhere. Additional the sand gets very hot in the sun, so if you dont care and its really hot, its even burning you.

So I dont see any advantage of sand, while in the opposite the natural grass and woods: Soft for lying, no flying sand that stucks everywhere, the ground doesnt get so hot in the sun, so you dont need to wear shoes, the trees are offering you shadow so you can avoid the full sun (I am very pale.) and reading also goes a lot easier in the shadow of a tree. And the last thing on earth I need are those typical beach bars, terrorizing you with noise and music or restaurants or whatever. If I go to the beach, I wanna enjoy the beach. No lousy music or lousy german beer.