Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MotoScooby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2013, 7:00 am

How can we as Aspies, seek revenge on all who hate us and our condition?

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 8:08 am

Don't.

Don't even ask.

Don't even think about it.

I know it's tempting. I pray almost every day that the bastards could live for just a week in my life, in my head, could have to look out through my eyes. But-- DON'T. They already think every one of us is the next Adam Lanza.

Just-- DON'T.

Think about something else. Drop out. Walk away. Do whatever you have to do. Just-- DON'T.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 8:18 am

MotoScooby wrote:

By living a good life and being happy

krazykat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2013, 9:27 am

By surrounding ourselves with people who accept and support us. Trust me, they are out there! :)

MotoScooby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2013, 9:45 am

krazykat wrote:
By surrounding ourselves with people who accept and support us. Trust me, they are out there! :)

That is a great idea and I will definitely be doing it myself. How would this be seeking revenge on them though?

krazykat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2013, 10:41 am

MotoScooby wrote:
krazykat wrote:

That is a great idea and I will definitely be doing it myself. How would this be seeking revenge on them though?

Well, if you surround yourself with supportive people they will often kick hater's butts for you. One time, I was bullied by an Aspie-hating customer in the store where I work and the manager physically threw him out! He was banned from the store for life and several co-workers had to restrain themselves from beating him up on the spot.

You also might like to read this article. It is about the first person to ever be diagnosed with autism and the whole time the reporter was following him around random people in the town walked up to him and said "If you hurt Donald we know were to find you" :wink:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ld/308227/

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2013, 10:51 am

MotoScooby wrote:
krazykat wrote:

This is the perfect revenge on them because from what I've seen the people who look down on us or treat us like crap are incapable of true happiness. Nothing pisses them off more than the fact that if we accept ourselves, our lives, and make them the best that we can, we can obtain something they can't. Sure works with my mother anyways...

MotoScooby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2013, 11:01 am

I want to sort these people out myself, ourselves. We must unite together as one and deal with them.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 11:05 am

nessa238 wrote:
MotoScooby wrote:

By living a good life and being happy

:thumright:

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 1:33 pm

krazykat wrote:
MotoScooby wrote:
krazykat wrote:

Well, if you surround yourself with supportive people they will often kick hater's butts for you. One time, I was bullied by an Aspie-hating customer in the store where I work and the manager physically threw him out! He was banned from the store for life and several co-workers had to restrain themselves from beating him up on the spot.

You also might like to read this article. It is about the first person to ever be diagnosed with autism and the whole time the reporter was following him around random people in the town walked up to him and said "If you hurt Donald we know were to find you" :wink:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ld/308227/

Yes, yes, and YES!! ! I firmly believe this!! Thank you for posting the article, krazykat!! My favourite quote is this:

Autism's First Child wrote:
We [Non-spectrumites] can dispense with the layers of sorrow, and interpret autism as but one more wrinkle in the fabric of humanity. Practically speaking, this does not mean pretending that adults with autism do not need help. But it does mean replacing pity toward them with ambition for them. The key to this view is a recognition that “they” are part of “us,” so that those who don’t have autism are actively rooting for those who do.

Then I have done my job

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 2:25 pm

MotoScooby wrote:

reversing discrimination is still discrimination.

Honestly... seeking revenge means that you will spend your time doing nothing but going on a rampage. As someone who suffers severe rage issues... it's not a good life and it's not one that you will enjoy or even survive well...

This is not an attack, but please don't include me, as an aspie, in your "we" seeking revenge...

Food for thought, however... Nothing seems to irritate and enrage hateful NTs than forgiving them with grace and a smile.

Religious texts state that being kind to one's enemies is like heaping hot coals on their heads.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 4:55 pm

Wise words indeed Feralucce.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 6:21 pm

Wish they were mine...

Some people have called me wise in the past... I disagree... A wise man knows things are a mistake before he does them... I am just exceptionally good at making mistakes... and since I don't make the same one twice... I have to work hard to come up with new ones constantly

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 6:32 pm

I know that feeling. :D

But as long as you are learning from your mistakes, then I think that automatically makes you wiser than 90% of the people out there who just keep on acting like sheep.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 9:38 pm

Hey, now... don't insult sheep... My uncle owns a sheep ranch... they are stupid, but they do learn from their mistakes...

most people are lemmings.

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 12:59 am

Feralucce wrote:
Wish they were mine...

Some people have called me wise in the past... I disagree... A wise man knows things are a mistake before he does them... I am just exceptionally good at making mistakes... and since I don't make the same one twice... I have to work hard to come up with new ones constantly

I do that too. :lol: