i have no friends so they can't set me up with anyone nor do i have a job
it feels like no woman will ever want me love me for who i am
somedays it feels like i'm going to die alone
does anyone ever feel like this?

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 9:05 am

Oh yeah . . . everyday. Best to try not to think about it.

pia_pia
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2013, 9:09 am

If I had to make a guess... pretty much 97.5% of people on this forum feel this way.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 10:41 am

pia_pia wrote:
If I had to make a guess... pretty much 97.5% of people on this forum feel this way.

Based on some older polls, I remember people currently in relationships are far better represented than that (2.5%), and there are others who have been in a relationship but left it (or it was otherwise over). Different autisms are different.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 7:34 pm

I feel like this all the time. You'll have to trust me when I say that you kind of get used to it. Not really, but just enough where it numbs you.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:03 am

mrwhite23 wrote:
All my life i have felt alone like no one understands me
not even my family
i have never been in a relationship
but i want to
i want someone in my life
i am so lonely
i am male early twenties intelligent but not attracitve looking
i have no friends so they can't set me up with anyone nor do i have a job
it feels like no woman will ever want me love me for who i am
somedays it feels like i'm going to die alone
does anyone ever feel like this?

I think everyone has felt that at some point in their life or even more than once, in their lifetime. It's completely normal when single to despair like that sometimes. It doesn't mean it's the truth or an accurate predictor of your future life.

Fill your life with things that enrich your life and you enjoy until the right person comes along, that's all any of us can really do. That also keeps people from dwelling on what's lacking as they have so much that is good in their life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:15 am

Because God has his own sh***y mysterious ways.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2013, 11:08 pm

I think I just saw a mirror of myself in what you said. I feel what your feel man. I too, had that problem, but recently someone made me a happier person inside.

Stonetoad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2013, 8:25 am

I feel exactly the same way, and I'm also in my early 20's.

Cheers

Wunderwaffe
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2013, 8:50 pm

Exact same feeling here. One of the scariest things for me is not finding someone.

mattarga
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2013, 9:04 pm

Just about all of the time, my friend. Just about all of the time.

OwlBeThere
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2013, 9:57 pm

Let me tell you something. It's far better to be single than trapped in an unhappy relationship. Don't take your cues from looking around you at what everyone else is doing. I'd hazard a guess that most relationships are smoke and mirrors - illusions of happiness. It's never what it looks like from the outside. I speak from experience, friends. Every single one of my relationships wasn't what it appeared to be. Remember that when you look around and see nothing but people in pairs.

Everyone gets lonely from time to time but don't let this define you. You don't need a relationship to validate your own self-worth.
Being alone does not have to equate being lonely! Whenever I am feeling like you do, I do something that I enjoy! Even something as small as listening to your favourite song or going for a short walk can greatly improve your mood!

mrwhite23: You said that you were very intelligent. That's something great about you right there! And as for not being "attractive"... attraction is purely subjective. You don't know that you aren't appealing to anyone. You're being far too hard on yourself. I am in my early twenties as well and good gravy, we are just starting on our life adventure; there's no reason to be so worried about being in a relationship. Any women that doesn't want you for you isn't worth it. You should never have to change to accomodate someone else. Every guy I ever dated tried to change me. Until one day I decided enough was enough. I am making no apologies for being exactly who I am.

Popsicle is 100% right, if you fill your life with what you enjoy, you won't have a void! Right now, you are creating a void and feeling beleaguered about something that, in the greater scheme of things, is immaterial. You don't need to be partnered up to have happiness! Remember too, great things will always come when we least expect them! Don't go around looking for love, focus on your own happiness for a bit! If you can't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Because God has his own sh***y mysterious ways.

And he created mosquitoes just to make us mad. :lol:

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2013, 4:57 pm

OwlBeThere wrote:
Let me tell you something. It's far better to be single than trapped in an unhappy relationship. Don't take your cues from looking around you at what everyone else is doing..

I could have saved myself a lot of misery if I'd realised this early in life.
If you are with someone unsuitable, you won't have the chance to meet the right one.
Never settle for "not right for me, but a relationship anyway"

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

Well until we know what causes it.

its just random. just like some people win the lottery.

We won the bad lottery i guess one could say.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 11:26 pm

I'm so getting tired of this "I can't get a girl because I have aspergers" crap. Its not your aspergers, its you. The faster you can realize that and work on yourself the faster you might be able to get change in your life. Weather that change comes as you want it or otherwise.

I'm not trying to drag you down OP. I'm early twenties and never been romantically involved or been on a date of any kind. Have a handful of friends, etc. Mt wish isn't even for that to change, my wish is that the instinctual cravings for companionship of both a partner and friends is gone for good.