Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 6:11 pm

You know, we need more single pride. There nothing wrong with being single.
I mean, You could live your life as a bitter, angry single person or could go out there
and enjoy life, take pride in yourself. Im going to enjoy my single life. anyone else
here, take pride in being single.

but of course, it's easy for me to say this. I had sex before ( with an attractive woman
and sex was great) but for the folks who never had sex, or only had very lousy sex,
it might be a little harder.

however it is, anyone else have no issue with being single.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 9:04 pm

that is a GREAT idea :idea:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 9:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that is a GREAT idea :idea:

yup.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 10:24 pm

No, what we need is to stop all these stupid pride groups and finally engrain into peoples heads that humans are not all the same, but it does not make them more or less.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 10:55 pm

but the pride groups are useful interim step between the now of pain and the bright shiny future of acceptance.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 11:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
but the pride groups are useful interim step between the now of pain and the bright shiny future of acceptance.

They sound like it, but in reality they force groups to be more outcast.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:29 am

MXH wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

They sound like it, but in reality they force groups to be more outcast.

I for one am quite accustomed to being single. It's sometimes nearly an equlibrium I don't want to upset - there's more room in my life for thrills and lucrative knowledge. Often I'm afraid I might perturb myself and someone else in the process of going after dates 24/7. There is no race.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 1:07 am

As MXH said.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2013, 1:32 am

Good for you.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 3:13 am

Tsproggy wrote:
Good for you.

It's not necessarily good being used to excessive time alone, just somewhat healthier than abhoring the whole experience. It's completely possible to revel in one's independence or solitude while dreading the root causes of said states of being. What we should focus on is the inherent dignity of being alone, not how great it is('nt) living outside of conventional relationships. Personal sovereignty may be a choice, but only if that choice is affirmed by those it affects.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2013, 4:52 am

cberg wrote:
Tsproggy wrote:
Good for you.

It's not necessarily good being used to excessive time alone, just somewhat healthier than abhoring the whole experience. It's completely possible to revel in one's independence or solitude while dreading the root causes of said states of being. What we should focus on is the inherent dignity of being alone, not how great it is('nt) living outside of conventional relationships. Personal sovereignty may be a choice, but only if that choice is affirmed by those it affects.

Alright..

I've been alone my whole life and I enjoy building and programming computers and things like computers. I don't care either way.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 6:02 am

You dont need pride. You just need to be somewhat comfortable where you are at.

If girls sense that you are somewhat proud of being single they are unlikelier to approach you(he is proud of his singledom so he will reject me).

Last month I was talking to an older friend and she wanted to be sure I understood that you dont have to have your life figured out at 30/40/insert age you just have to try to make the most of your life.

I assumed she was single but as it turns out she has some sort of fling(mentioned so last week when asked about her week by mutual friends) and this is just her approach to life.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 9:54 am

spongy wrote:
If girls sense that you are somewhat proud of being single they are unlikelier to approach you(he is proud of his singledom so he will reject me).

There is a certain amount of truth to that. I feel like 2 guys I know are so happy with being single, or rather, so against having a relationship that might ruin their freedom to watch or play soccer or have a beer with their friends that they are abhorrent of single women even talking to them. (they are obviously extreme exceptions to the norm though or just very bitter...) So they are 2 men whom I will never ask on a date.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 9:57 am

auntblabby wrote:

No, sir. The interim step is to not give a fornicative act about what other people think. Once you stop letting other people decide for you that you have no worth unless you're in a committed relationship, then you will start feeling pride for making your own choices!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 10:17 am

Fnord wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No, sir. The interim step is to not give a fornicative act about what other people think. Once you stop letting other people decide for you that you have no worth unless you're in a committed relationship, then you will start feeling pride for making your own choices!

Sometimes people need a bit of support so that they don't feel so alone, or to feel like they are the only one. Most of my friends are married now and so are my brother and sister and I have relatives who every single time I visit them ask, "so have you found anyone yet?" It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I am fulfilled within myself, but when I am consistently challenged and made to feel like I am a weird person for being single I like to feel like I'm not weird because I'm not the only one, even though in my daily life I do seem to be the only one.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:40 pm

What is the point of being pround about that? It's fine that you're not butt hurt about being single, but it isn't really something to pat yourself on the back for.