Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PsychoPoet
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2013, 5:16 pm

I would like to see what people think are the BENEFITS of being aspergers. I know it can be a pain in the rump and it's caused us all some trauma, but I am willing to bet we've each had our shining moments which were all thanks to being aspies.

I like telling the truth, even if we live in a world that doesn't always want the truth; I enjoy the way neurotyps marvel at my honesty, as if they've never seen real honesty before.

I like not being obsessed with sex and that I will never see women as sexual objects, and that I do not and will never have negative feelings towards homosexuals, transsexuals etc.

I like being able to look at someone and see who they really are, regardless or race, gender, religion, habits or reputation.

I like astounding or confusing non-aspies with leaps of logic that they can't follow... although I hate it when they do the same to me (they usually manage this in the realm of interpersonal relations).

I like it that they can't catch me out or make me jump unless I am REALLY not paying attention.

I like being able to withstand a constant, monstrous, colourful blizzard of information that would shred a non-aspie's will and leave them crying with migraines. (That's a bit harsh, but come on, we all know it's true :twisted: )

So what do you LIKE about your aspergers traits?

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm

I like being able to fix stuff when its broken.
Being able to see a person for what he/she really is
don't give a crap about race/colour,etc altho
this has got me fase accuse of being racist or something
but in the end i don't care, i know what I am without
someone telling me so if i don't agree, I just won't listen.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 6:08 pm

I like being able to be happy on my own.
I like that I'm good at being independent.
I like that I don't get brought down by someone else's bad mood (normally)
I like that I can stay calm in very intense situations.
I like how I can astound people with my insanely in depth knowledge about my special interests.

flamebolt925
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2013, 7:12 pm

i like that i can easily list every single detail about a game i have played or any games i enjoyed playing like when i got to playtest halo 4 on dec 18-19 of 2010 way before it even came out

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 7:18 pm

I like that my preference for being task-oriented action over being social often translates into a good ethic.
I like that my lack of desire to do many of the things that "normal" teenagers do makes my father's job as a parent a bit easier.
I like that my affinity for accumulating knowledge makes me very resourceful to my parents.
I like that I am capable of enjoying food without the need to garnish it with a plethora of toppings, dressings, and seasonings.

Scia
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

I like being able to troubleshoot computers with ease - most people seem generally baffled by how machines work, even if they use them a lot.
Similarly, I like being able to program with little effort, because the way a computer 'thinks' just plain makes sense to me. (A lot more than the way a lot of people think.)
(Bonus on those two due to the fact that I'm also a girl in a largely male-dominant field. :wink: )

I like being able to quote movies or sing songs that I haven't seen or heard for at least five years.
I like noticing things that other people won't, and thinking about alternatives that other people wouldn't.
I like being able to think back on jokes I like and laugh, almost regardless of the situation.

(There are probably others, but it's hard to come up with them all at once. ^_^; )