Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

scalisti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2004, 1:06 pm

I'm glad to finally find a site where fellow Aspies can communicate ideas and whatnot. I have been diagnosed 8 years ago when I was 17. I have had several interests in the past. Right now, I like squirrels a lot. My dream goal is to live as a hermit deep in a forest, composing music and writing articles. Please feel free to visit my webpage and read about me: http://srl2.tripod.com/andrew/

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

11 Jul 2004, 2:30 pm

Hi Andrew. Nice to meet you and welcome to WrongPlanet.net. My name is Tom (of course)... :)

I like your website. I see you used to live in Lake Mary, FL. I live 40 to 45 miles northwest of the Orlando metropolitan area, between Ocala and Leesburg. I moved with my parents from southeastern Massachusetts in June 2000.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome during the second half of 1998, at the age of 21. My interests are Meteorology, U.S. Geography and Statistics. I also enjoy broadcasting, but main television schedules and TV station logos.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2004, 3:01 pm

Quote:
I live 40 to 45 miles northwest of the Orlando metropolitan area,

A Little off topic here, but have you ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando. I've always wanted to go down there and take a tour of the place, especially the Nickelodeon part of Universal, Although I now understand that Nickelodeon has pretty much abandoned it's orlando production facilites, and stopped giving tours of it's two studios. :(

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

11 Jul 2004, 3:11 pm

Theme parks don't interest me too much. I don't like the "more involved" rides. I haven't been to Universal Studios, although I had the chance to when my brother was visiting (from Massachusetts).

I've been to EPCOT twice and Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdome once each.

stardusty
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm

nice to find other adult aspies in my area!

scalisti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm

HI,

It's been 10 years (wow!) since I've introduced myself here. I guess I forgot all about this forum. Anyways, I currently live in Terrell (a town east of Dallas, TX) and I'm technically in the country where I want to be. Before moving to Terrell, I was much closer to Dallas, and I hated it. I really don't like cities; especially bike-unfriendly ones such as Dallas. Terrell is more bike-safe due to having wider shoulders on their roads.

I got lots of pets because I love all animals (not just squirrels.): 4 prairie dogs, 3 rabbits, 3 ferrets, 3 goats, and 2 chinchillas.

I never really been into theme parks because of the crowds. I do, however, enjoy nature parks. I wish I had the time off from work and the transportation ability to visit all national parks and do some nature and wildlife photography.