Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 4:46 pm

Ok, so DH & I have decided to buy a house (we're paying almost $1,000/month to RENT!) and we can get a $90K home with my VA loan @ just 4.625%! !! Our mortgage payments should be at least $300/month LESS than the rent.

So, we're in the mortgage brokers office last week & his admin assistant is at her desk-shoved in a corner of his office. We're going along filling out forms & I'm happy. Who wouldn't be?

All of the sudden from the corner the biotchy admin assistant says (& I'm basing that characterization TOTALLY on what she said next) "Wow, just a little bit hyper, aren't we?"

I was FLABBERGASTED! I didn't *think* I was having any kind of an Aspie moment. Once we were in the car on the way home I asked DH if I was acting over-board & he said no.

WTH? The more I think on this, the more it's bothering me! In this economy ANYONE walking in to a bank to buy a house should be treated with the utmost respect (or at least, to my thinking they should be!) This woman knows NOTHING about me & I (almost) wish I had told her that it must've been my Autism slipping!! !!

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 4:49 pm

In a close 2nd to what's bothering me (besides what biotchy admin ass't said) is the fact that my DH just let it happen....just let it go on by & NOT called her on it.

Part of me was like: wow-that almost sounds like SHE has Aspergers! But then I realized my own personal Aspie outbursts were NEVER to drive a knife into someone elses back & that is what she was doing...and ONCE AGAIN, my own DH didn't bother to even say a word.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm

MsMarginalized wrote:
Ok, so DH & I have decided to buy a house (we're paying almost $1,000/month to RENT!) and we can get a $90K home with my VA loan @ just 4.625%! !! Our mortgage payments should be at least $300/month LESS than the rent.

So, we're in the mortgage brokers office last week & his admin assistant is at her desk-shoved in a corner of his office. We're going along filling out forms & I'm happy. Who wouldn't be?

All of the sudden from the corner the biotchy admin assistant says (& I'm basing that characterization TOTALLY on what she said next) "Wow, just a little bit hyper, aren't we?"

I was FLABBERGASTED! I didn't *think* I was having any kind of an Aspie moment. Once we were in the car on the way home I asked DH if I was acting over-board & he said no.

WTH? The more I think on this, the more it's bothering me! In this economy ANYONE walking in to a bank to buy a house should be treated with the utmost respect (or at least, to my thinking they should be!) This woman knows NOTHING about me & I (almost) wish I had told her that it must've been my Autism slipping!! !!

With all due respect, is there any other indications the Admin Assistant meant the phrase in a negative context? As far as I've been told, it's usual not to make that sort of lightly humorous comment during the signing of 30 papers.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 5:09 pm

You should call or write to the manager of the office and explain what you experienced. Ask for the matter to be looked into as you felt you were not being treated in a respectable manner as the valued client you are.

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
You should call or write to the manager of the office and explain what you experienced. Ask for the matter to be looked into as you felt you were not being treated in a respectable manner as the valued client you are.

That was my first thought....but this biotch is nit-picking our application to DEATH! They gave us an EXTENSIVE list of items required for the loan app....ok we brought EVERYTHING they asked for. But then then needed this & that & things that really make no sense to me. I fwd the homeowners insurance quote...a standard form from a state-wide company & she said "it doesn't have the wording "100% REPLACEMENT COVERAGE" on it" so I go & look and sure enough, under the "Basic Coverage" section is an item (A) Dwelling=$75,000. THAT'S it. But it isn't in the exact wording that SHE wants. WTH?

So no, I'm not going to rock the boat until it comes in to the dock & we are on board & then you can BET I'll disclose that my disability is Autism & that her smarmy comments were NOT appreciated.

AgentPalpatine-as for moments of levity....there were PLENTY of those during our loan app. What she said, when she said it & the tone of voice she used....I've heard it before & it was completly RUDE BULL$#!+ to use with a customer. (BTW-no one laughed.)

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2013, 5:26 pm

Some people are like that and there is nothing you can do about it.
Sometimes it's better to just let things go; you don't want to be obsessing about this getting all worked up, and have in effect the way you go about your business for the next few weeks, whilst the individual who upset you just goes on like nothing happened.
By all means make a complaint, and talk to DH about it, but perhaps the better option is to discuss it at length with DH, and let them make the complaint.
That way you can see that DH is on your side, that they're going in to bat for you, and that the issue will be resolved or at least acknowledged without you getting flustered and potentially going into meltdown.
That's what I'd do, and not too dissimilar to what I do when I have similar problems.
Getting yourself upset will only lead to a vicious cycle that will lead to anxiety and depression, and you don't want to give unpleasant people that mistreat and disrespect you the power to do that to you.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

I can't imagine why someone would be a bit happy or (dare I say!) excited over buying a new home AND saving 300 bucks a month.

There's a few ways to look at this:
There are other brokers in the sea.
You coulda broker nose.
You could think/say "no duh, we get to buy a home!"
If we expect people to put up with our apparent rudeness maybe we should put up with theirs regardless if their major malfunction is like ours.
or Nayner Nayner! We getta new house and you only have a suckky job and no boyfriend!
etcetera

BTW "100% REPLACEMENT COVERAGE" is hugely different than "Basic Coverage" (A) Dwelling=$75,000.
For instance what if your house becomes worth $200,000 and gets hit by a small asteroid.

(disclaimer: yes I know that once it enters the atmosphere it's called a meteor, I like just asteroid better =)

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 9:23 pm

1401b wrote:
...BTW "100% REPLACEMENT COVERAGE" is hugely different than "Basic Coverage" (A) Dwelling=$75,000.
For instance what if your house becomes worth $200,000 and gets hit by a small asteroid.

(disclaimer: yes I know that once it enters the atmosphere it's called a meteor, I like just asteroid better =)

No, you cannot cover something that isn't there yet....if your house BECOMES worth more-YOU have to change your insurance. And no, Basic Coverage is just the term used...it IS for replacement cost.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

Wow, another rude person that sounds like she is jealous or something. By the way, what does DH mean? I keep thinking designated hitter?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 9:38 pm

1401b wrote:
...If we expect people to put up with our apparent rudeness maybe we should put up with theirs regardless if their major malfunction is like ours..

Yeah, that expectation has worked so WELL for me in the past....NOT.

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

Triple__B wrote:
Wow, another rude person that sounds like she is jealous or something. By the way, what does DH mean? I keep thinking designated hitter?

I am not jealous of anything except for the fact that I've been saddled with this BS thing called autism. I mean, IF I WERE LOW FUNCTIONING...SOCIETY (& YOU) PROBABLY WOULDN'T DARE ACCUSE ME OF RUDENESS.

Yeah, DH is designated hitter....at the baseball field. Here on the internet some of us call our husband DH (as in Dear Hubby). There are actually a LOT of abbreviations used in todays technology...perhaps you might like to familiarize yourself? (see, I can be just as SNOTTY as you were in your above post)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 11:13 am

I'd have to know the TONE of how she said it to gauge how she intended it.

As the "&!+@# admin assistant," I've had my share of outbursts that made me look bad. :oops:

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

MsMarginalized wrote:
Triple__B wrote:

I am not jealous of anything except for the fact that I've been saddled with this BS thing called autism. I mean, IF I WERE LOW FUNCTIONING...SOCIETY (& YOU) PROBABLY WOULDN'T DARE ACCUSE ME OF RUDENESS.

Yeah, DH is designated hitter....at the baseball field. Here on the internet some of us call our husband DH (as in Dear Hubby). There are actually a LOT of abbreviations used in todays technology...perhaps you might like to familiarize yourself? (see, I can be just as SNOTTY as you were in your above post)

Err it sounded to me like triple-b was referring to the woman in the bank, not yourself. Being english I too had no idea what DH meant either, its not exactly a common abbreviation over here.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

elsing
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2013, 5:40 pm

I had a similar problem last week, I can't work out if it my interpretation of other people is way off as common things don't seem to upset them the way they do me. The lady in the bank last week told me a cheque with no name I forgot to look at before handing over was the most dangerous thing she had ever seen in her life. I still seeth inside when a cashier tell me I have handed over £10 when I clearly looked at i before hand. All these things I'm told are normal.

I would certainly not have taken that comment with humour at all.

I have an ulterior motive for posting, what does DH mean? I see this often, my first thoughts are Dolls House. I'm about 99.99% sure you don't mean that.