Anyone get to the point that they get sick of WP?

Page 1 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:21 am

Because I am there, friends. I am there.

I don't check in/post as often as I used to, because I can't be bothered any more.

Real life isn't fulfilling or interesting, but it's more fun than here.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 9:39 am

I'm so sorry. It's good that you are finding fun in Real life. I am sorry that it isn't fulfilling for you. I am having trouble with trying to focus mostly on real life.

I hope you find a happy balance and happiness in both real life and here, online.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

Wrong Planet seems to go through phases of being great and totally awful, I've noticed. It's a good idea to have another place to post on alongside WP for when it gets like this. I mainly post on another site these days. You might make more friends there or on other smaller communities.

Last edited by Kuribo on 09 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 10:27 am

I was going to make a similar thread a while back. WP seems to be going through a black period right now. I've been spending a lot of time on other sites and enjoying time with my friends and family. There have been some recent days that I haven't gone on WP. Evenings mostly, when I've decided that it would be better for me to get to bed than sign in. I remember when WP was filled with joy and optimism. It seems that everybody has become depressed at the same time. It's great that I have WP to fall back on, but other things seem more inviting to me these days. I hope I don't get banned for saying all this.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 11:45 am

I'll put a song on that might cheer you up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLQCA2h8kA[/youtube]

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 11:49 am

I have looked at other forums but most seem to be full of very young people and not at all inclusive of older aspies. This site seems to keep a broad range of age groups.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I was going to make a similar thread a while back. WP seems to be going through a black period right now. I've been spending a lot of time on other sites and enjoying time with my friends and family. There have been some recent days that I haven't gone on WP. Evenings mostly, when I've decided that it would be better for me to get to bed than sign in. I remember when WP was filled with joy and optimism. It seems that everybody has become depressed at the same time. It's great that I have WP to fall back on, but other things seem more inviting to me these days. I hope I don't get banned for saying all this.

Of course you wouldn't be banned for speaking your mind. :)

Two of the most dedicated moderators feel exactly the same, FYI.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

FlanMaster wrote:
I have looked at other forums but most seem to be full of very young people and not at all inclusive of older aspies. This site seems to keep a broad range of age groups.

I don't think other sites are purposely non-inclusive of older Aspies, it's just the way certain forums develop. I'm sure older Aspies are welcome everywhere.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

What can be done about this 'black period', then? If anything?

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2013, 12:11 pm

octobertiger wrote:
What can be done about this 'black period', then? If anything?

I don't know. As much as we'd all like WP to be an entirely positive environment, it is the most active Autism community and usually the first one people go to. Many of the people who come here will just be learning about Autism, and as such may be confused and/or depressed.

There are a few other problems, such as the repetitive threads in General Autism Discussion that could potentially drive away longtime members, the often very silly questions in the same section, and a particularly annoying clique who could potentially drive people away from posting in Love and Dating. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that last one, would you?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

octobertiger wrote:
I'll put a song on that might cheer you up.

No surrender! ...to cheeriness! ;)

Seriously, bro, I appreciate it. :D

Last edited by Tequila on 09 Nov 2013, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:30 pm

Kuribo wrote:
Two of the most dedicated moderators feel exactly the same, FYI.

Oh, yes - that and the fact that a) WP is boring and b) there aren't any local Aspies on here that I could spend time with/drink with/shag/whatever. ;)

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:30 pm

Quote:
I don't know. As much as we'd all like WP to be an entirely positive environment, it is the most active Autism community and usually the first one people go to. Many of the people who come here will just be learning about Autism, and as such may be confused and/or depressed.

There are a few other problems, such as the repetitive threads in General Autism Discussion that could potentially drive away longtime members, the often very silly questions in the same section, and a particularly annoying clique who could potentially drive people away from posting in Love and Dating. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that last one, would you?

Clearly not as much as you, so perhaps you could enlighten me?

I see no cliques, just a lot of disagreement and a lot of pain - like many forums here.

The L&D section is always going to be very controversial by nature - at least someone who posts there knows they are going to get a wide range of advice, albeit from people with differing experiences and points of view. Perhaps the controversy goes too far at times - but perhaps this actually brings more ideas out.

At times, I find the forum lacks a sense of humour (perhaps due to AS, or perhaps due to people being people), and people do tend to take themselves far too seriously, but that is only my opinion.

Last edited by octobertiger on 09 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

octobertiger wrote:
At times, I find the forum lacks a sense of humour (perhaps due to AS, or perhaps due to people being people), and people do tend to take themselves far too seriously, but that is only my opinion.

There aren't happy people here. There are a lot of intelligent people, and not enough nice ladies 'on the level'.

It's an awful, self-containing bubble of misery, spite and hatred.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

Every time I see "BRO" I think of Seinfield

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8nXc3X-6k[/youtube]

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm

Tequila wrote:

Oh, yes - that and the fact that a) WP is boring and b) there aren't any local Aspies on here that I could spend time with/drink with/shag/whatever. ;)

An honest man! Can't really compete with that part of real life. I had a great time out last night, we were in tears laughing, great craic...then back on here...bit of a contrast.

Glad it's your thread so a sense of humour is permissible!