Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

StillLake
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2013, 4:43 pm

Hi, I came to the forum after searching for information because of my current situation. The system kept prompting me to sign up. I thought I should make a post too. :D though I mostly get satisfaction by absorbing other people's comments and discussions.

I hope this is not too much information (this is a pseudonym anyway and you're free to stop reading!):
I was diagnosed with aspergers in my early teens, which gave some explanation to the trouble I was having at school. Lots of misunderstanding bullying and anxiety etc. I unilaterally quit in 8th grade. Sat in my room being antisocial for a few years, then got a manual job.Slowly life improved for me. I got used to everything in life, I was fully independent and able to cope with the world.
Now a couple of years ago I got married and moved to my wife's country. Between the two of us it is great, but everything is different in terms of outside life. In 2 years I haven't hardly adjusted, I'm actually getting worse. Anxiety and sensory over-sensitivity is coming back,the sensory perhaps worse than ever.I put up with all that for a while but now my 'ignorant foreigner grace period' is wearing off, and people are starting to expect that I conform to their ways, and are making assumptions that my intentions are bad because they don't understand my awkward behavior. The have been some very unpleasant conversations in the last 2 months especially Friends have turned out to be enemies and vice versa.

As I write this even I'm thinking 'so leave the place!'.

So that's the context of my life currently and where I'm coming from if/when I communicate further on this forum.

Thanks a lot for listening.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

edaspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2013, 5:53 pm

Welcome to this wrong planet. It is the right planet for us!

:D

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 2:05 am

hi welcome