League of Legends Theorycrafters Unite! Season 4!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Uncertainty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2014, 8:46 pm

Come join me share your passionate ideas for what you envision as viable off the beaten path builds. Let me begin by sharing my favorite kayle melee item build. Iceborn Gauntlet, Warmogs armor, Blade of the ruined King, Ravenous Hydra. I only list 4 items with no extra detail although I have mastery pages setup as well along with runes. I am not listing them here because I want to get the ball rolling and hopefully find a group of wrong planeteers to create a collective library of unusual trade secrets behind the league. Please come and join me as we break the meta in a more practical way.

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2014, 9:41 pm

Well, i play Assassins often and have recently ran into the problem that BORK (Blade Of the Ruined King) isn't really living up to its old standards :/

I main Zed as my go to AD Assassin and used to play: Rush BORK, Build 1st tier boots, Grab Brutilizer/Hexdrinker (depends on how I'm doing in lane, may also build this item before BORK in certain situations), Upgrade to tier 2 boots (Options are Lucidity, Mob's or Swiftness). By then, the game has finished and I'm fine, but now, BORK is a little weaker than it used to be, there is no real contest of going BT (Blood Thirster) in most situations (exceptions are if the enemy team are incredibly tanky but in such cases, I'd be more likely to pick up Anivia, Xerath or Morgana and eventually end it as extreme CC with high burst potential).

Zed build S4: 1) Boots (Lucidity if you want burst, Mob's for ganking and roaming, Almost never get Swiftness unless you want chase/kite potential, Ninja Tabi for any AD threats and Mercs Treds for the hard CC that WILL stop you) 2) BT (your main damage item. Helps sustain you long enough to insta gib the ADC under tower and maybe clean up 1 or 2 more kills after) 3) Brutilizer/Hexdrinker (eventually you will finish this as Black Cleaver/Maw of Malautius but you never need to rush that early game) 4) Last Whisper (IMPORTANT! THIS WILL DEAL WITH ANY ARMOUR THE ENEMY MAY HAVE! IF THEY HAVE ANY MORE THAN THIS CAN DEAL WITH, THEY ARE TOO FED) 5) GA (you are going to need this. You will find yourself in the middle of the enemy most of the time, you need the resistances it gives you, you need the passive) 6) This is the last item, if you found yourself against an AD team, you most likely wouldn't have built Hexdrinker so this is where Randuins Omen will be, if the enemy did have troublesome AP champs, Black cleaver will be built instead considering you should have had hexdrinker since laning phase. The trinket you will take is the warding totem. nothing better than a free ward. Your boots will be enchanted depending on your situation, if you are losing, ALWAYS BUILD HOMEGUARDS, if you are winning, Furors will help keep you ahead and the enemy from escaping (unless it's singed... never chase singed...)

More builds to come, stay tuned... (Also opinions on champion viability and other such things will be around eventually)