Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ForTheLoveofDogs
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Feb 2014, 8:45 pm

Ok, so my parents want me to do these programs with school. I just don't want to. Yes,I will get help in collge, I have no problem with that. But I am capable of going to college. They want me to do a program 18-21 year old program. I don't what to do

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 10:30 pm

can you do the program and college? what sort of program is it?

my dad said we couldn't afford for me to go to college, so I got a scholarship and went. I worked at a camp in the summer as first aid person, then secretary, so got room and board.

once you're 18, you are an adult and can make your own decisions. hopefully, your parents will support you once they see you taking responsibility for yourself.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 10:46 am

You have to be a bit more specific.

Billw1628
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2014, 10:07 pm

agree... what do you mean by that? This is a time that you got to tell your story.

Friends are like treasures. You might not know how valuable they can be until you have some trouble or when you have lost them for whatever reason.

dmcmanmon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

There are a variety of programs out there now that assist students while they also attend a real college. Some even help you find employment and have supported living options. These are best for people who might need more than the typical accommodations a college offers, like extra time on testing, etc. Google search "aspergers college" or "autism college".