Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cayla
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2014, 5:46 am

AA, or take turns!Feeling can not let the men Pay!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 5:47 am

Marry me.

Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 5:52 am

wat

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 6:43 am

Everyone pays for themselves unless one of them (male/female - doesn't matter) wants to pay for both. Paying for both is an offer, not a rule.
At least this is what I think.

ToJaFro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2014, 7:11 am

886 wrote:
wat

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 7:49 am

Kiriae wrote:
Everyone pays for themselves unless one of them (male/female - doesn't matter) wants to pay for both. Paying for both is an offer, not a rule.

This is what I think, too.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 7:51 am

Kiriae wrote:

I agree with this too.

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2014, 9:44 am

Pay your own way or pay for the other person too, if you choose the location.

I don't think you can expect the other person to pay if you're suggesting somewhere nice, not everyone has a lot of spare money and they might not be able to afford to go the same places as you would like.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 9:52 am

Traditionally the guy pays but I've been to quite a few events where my girlfriend has paid and there were never any problems. Just remember, most working relationships are equal partnerships :wink:

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 9:54 am

On the first couple dates, it's customary for the man to pay. Certainly once your in a committed relationship, it becomes more equal, but expecting the woman to pay or split it on the first couple dates is usually a bad idea.

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2014, 10:29 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
On the first couple dates, it's customary for the man to pay. Certainly once your in a committed relationship, it becomes more equal, but expecting the woman to pay or split it on the first couple dates is usually a bad idea.

Unless it's online dating then maybe.
But look at online dating and how many women are basically using them for free nights out and aren't even after a fella, there's loads of blogs from people who do it and they are totally shamless.

There's a huge online dating thread on a NT forum I often post on where the NT guys will bring it up fairly often.

even some of the women on that site were saying whilst they don't specifically do online dating for the evenings out they still often agree to another date with someone they have no romantic interest in if he's paying :lol:

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 10:51 am

Online dating doesn't change it.

I can't know that the girl is using me. What if she is interested, and I say "oh it's online dating, you have to pay half?" and then blow a chance.

It's the cost of playing the game.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 12:55 pm

I will usually offer but expect the girl to pay her half. If they doesn't at least try, that's a big red flag. My last date didn't even offer or thank me and if she does that again I'm done with her. Bottom line is men are men and women are women but this isn't the 50s. In my scenario, women generally make more than most men at least in my demographic.

Again, I don't mind paying for the first date but it's a gift, not an expectation. Sorry if I offend any ladies out there but you can't have it both ways. If you want equality, you get equality, especially since all the girls I've gone out with love to boast how strong and independent they are.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 1:14 pm

Interesting, if a girl offered to pay her half, I would take it as a sign the date was not successful.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:47 pm

I think a woman should always *offer* to pay her half. If she insists, however, that may be a sign the date didn't go well. This is one reason I detest going out to dinner for a first date. Coffee or drinks, IMO, is a much better first date. That way if it's a flop, neither party is out too much money.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 8:59 pm

Asker pays.