Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

I'm curious to hear, how many of you are excited for it?
I'm also curious to hear any and all theories.

I am surprised

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2014, 5:27 pm

I'm quite excited for it. 8) Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City were both superb games (I haven't played Origin yet)
and the introduction of the Batmobile, will take things to another level.
My guess, is that the "Identity Thief" from Arkham City, will be the Arkham Knight.

That world will cease to be

- Miraak's Mantra

SpiderFan14
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2014, 5:55 pm

I'm on the fence about this.

I like the Arkham games but I'm disappointed that the final one is for next-gen only, especially that Arkham Origins got such mixed reception. And I'm too big a fan of the new character by DC reboot "stars" Geoff Johns and Jim Lee. Just something of him makes me feel he would reach a level of mary sue.

Now that I think of it, when everyone says "Superman's boring" or "He's too powerful" do you notice Batman has the same problems but no one really brings that up?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 2:44 am

So I go the game and completed it a yesterday, well I did the main mission and I just have left to get Riddler trophies which I already have 99 of them. I will say some spoilers, because it is really hard to talk about it without doing so.

First, I was kind of disappointed by the identity of the Arkham Knight, not because it is a bad choice, but if you had followed the buzz they put out about who it could or might not be, it felt a bit like a lie. Arkham City really was able to surprise you with the surprise that there were two Jokers, Origin even did it by revealing that Black Mask was actual the beginning of the character Joker. But Knight revealed that the person who has it in for Batman is actually Jason Todd (the second Robin), which is a problem because the creators said that it was an original character when essentially it Red Hood from the Under The Red Hood storyline, but with Joker dead and Batman is the target.

But what I would say would be the best aspect of the game is to do with a character I mentioned multiple times already, and that is despite him being dead, the Joker. The Joker is really the biggest thing in all Arkham games, and here it is woven in perfectly. Joker's blood was not cured in Batman, infected is actually creating new Joker personality, and after a shot of new fear gas the Joker starts popping up as hallucinations, again voiced by the awesome Mark Hamill. It is classic Joker and better than ever as he is in Batman's head.

The final missions, something worthy of some Scarecrow moments from the first game. Wonder how long it will take me to get the last.... 144 trophies.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 5:03 am

And completed the game with all Riddler trophies, as well as the extra episodes in playing as Red Hood and Harley. Got to say that this is one of the first times I have gotten so into completing a game so quickly, having done it in a week. A good experience.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 7:35 am

So, I'm playing the game and I like it for the most part....

I'm not a 'real' gamer anymore. I mostly play games like this for the story. I'm finding the Batmobile elements to be a bit frustrating and just not fun... By contrast, the free-flow combat seems a bit too easy.

I think the game needs a bit of a rebalance.

For those who haven't gotten the game yet, I'd say wait for the GOTY edition.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 8:54 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I'm not a 'real' gamer anymore. I mostly play games like this for the story. I'm finding the Batmobile elements to be a bit frustrating and just not fun... By contrast, the free-flow combat seems a bit too easy.

How far have you got? When they start to introduce the big guys who can take out a quarter of your health with one punch it does add some difficulty. Which becomes especially tough when they have some of the other abilities: shield, electricity, and swords. General thugs on the street are no real danger, it becomes an act of preparing counters and ready to throw a batarang at someone charging. Indeed many of the encounters in the game do come down to the right tricks, and that you can sabotage real threats like guns before hand. Actually, healers also change how you must do a fight too.

Batmobile sections I actually find well fleshed out. When driving you really feel like you are in the batmobile with the fast yet good handling when you get used to it. And tank battles really work best when you look at it from a different point of view where it kind of bcomes a puzzle in avoiding lines of sight like some sort of bullet hell as you get your own shots, and becomes a rhythm as you recognise weaknesses and build up for a combo. The dodge is especially useful if you find yourself too slow, and also well worth not just putting points for combat abilities but into the batmobile too, which has two sections.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

Actually, I'm only about 20% into the main story and I haven't played in a day or two because I find the car stuff so tedious and un-batman-like...
:P

DukeNukem2417
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2015, 9:29 am

So I've done some voice-over videos featuring my impression of

Spoiler wrote:
the Red Hood

from this game; if anyone's interested, I can post links.

Also---long time no post, I know....I'll try to be on more frequently.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2015, 2:46 am

I'm playing it now. I'm only about 10% in though. I really loved the first game but never finished City - I got fed up with the endless cut-scene interruptions.

So far there have been lots of interruptions in the new one and I'm really not enjoying the Batmobile stuff. Like so many modern "games" it doesn't feel like a "game" with an actual challenge that requires you to learn skills, more like a movie where every so often you have to press a few buttons.

The city looks great - very "Blade Runner" - but somehow I never feel as if I'm really in it - it feels as though it is just a scrolling loading screen as I head to the next location. I don't know how to explain this properly.

I'm having to resist the temptation to put this aside and continue playing through Bloodborne for the third time...

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 7:38 am

I never played the games, but I just watched YouTube walkthroughs on all four. Very good. Very interesting franchise.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 8:54 am

Arkham Knight is something I might buy when it's super cheap. I enjoyed the earlier games (all but Origins, didnt look as fun). I've read and seen parts of this game and the Batmobile stuff just looks dull in my view. It looks like a big portion of the game is Batmobile stuff (hell.. some Riddler trophies include racing of some sort, BLAH!). I never liked racing games much (except for Mario Kart series), so I know I will dread doing the Batmobile in the game.