Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Danixia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2014, 4:00 pm

I feel so alone right now...

I feel like my friends are getting away from me ..and the guy i liked

and dang whats so wrong about being a christian?

people are so complicated nt and aspies (well...i can relate to aspies bether for obvious reasons )

...and do you guys feel intimedated here becouse you dont know as much as others? Well maybe that its just me.

well i´ll be fine; I think.

Last edited by Danixia on 20 Aug 2014, 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm

:( Sorry to hear this. I went through the same a while back - the only small consolation is that if those people are easy to lose, they weren't really good friends to begin with. It did hit harder when I lost friends that I had hanged out with for over 7 years, they'd have an excuse to not go out when I invited them and never took the initiative themselves, at least not with me. It dawned on me they only really cared because I was physically there, apparently when you're out of sight you don't seem to exist anymore.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being christian. But there is a responsibility attached to it: People aren't born ready to believe in a certain god, or a particular way of worship. They are taught that usually at a young age when the words of your elders are golden.

I myself love certain aspects of Christianity: "Love thy neighbor" is a great motto to live by and the altruistic spirit the community can have is very humbling. Sometimes I think they take it a bit too far, like how Pope Francis implies rich people are poor in spirit just because they're rich.

But I also dislike a few key parts, like discriminating against homosexuals, who never asked to be born the way they are [and there is nothing wrong with being born so]. Why can't women be official spiritual leaders? Why is a good person born in a certain region of the world far from christian missionaries not allowed into Heaven?

I took these thoughts and arrived at a conclusion: I don't agree with Christianity even with its good intentions. It is my opinion it is impossible to know if there is such a thing as a God and so I am agnostic. However I truly want to be a good person and will strive to be so, no matter what happens after I die. I don't need religion to be a good person.

So when as a person of age you say "I am christian" it is your responsibility to know in full detail how and why your church works the way it does. If your church is criticized, it is your duty to rationalize a way to refute the argument or accept it as a fault.

It is normal to feel intimidated by cultured/intelligent/charming people, just do your best to keep an open mind and know that you're not less of a person for not knowing a subject as well as someone else. In truth, we're all here to learn!

I normally don't write this much, but I haven't had much to do today and it seemed like a good opportunity for us to know each other better beyond being from the same country. I hope you'll feel better soon and that my essay on Christianity doesn't seem like an attack.

Danixia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2014, 5:37 pm

Persevero wrote:
:( Sorry to hear this. I went through the same a while back - the only small consolation is that if those people are easy to lose, they weren't really good friends to begin with. It did hit harder when I lost friends that I had hanged out with for over 7 years, they'd have an excuse to not go out when I invited them and never took the initiative themselves, at least not with me. It dawned on me they only really cared because I was physically there, apparently when you're out of sight you don't seem to exist anymore.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being christian. But there is a responsibility attached to it: People aren't born ready to believe in a certain god, or a particular way of worship. They are taught that usually at a young age when the words of your elders are golden.

I myself love certain aspects of Christianity: "Love thy neighbor" is a great motto to live by and the altruistic spirit the community can have is very humbling. Sometimes I think they take it a bit too far, like how Pope Francis implies rich people are poor in spirit just because they're rich.

But I also dislike a few key parts, like discriminating against homosexuals, who never asked to be born the way they are [and there is nothing wrong with being born so]. Why can't women be official spiritual leaders? Why is a good person born in a certain region of the world far from christian missionaries not allowed into Heaven?

I took these thoughts and arrived at a conclusion: I don't agree with Christianity even with its good intentions. It is my opinion it is impossible to know if there is such a thing as a God and so I am agnostic. However I truly want to be a good person and will strive to be so, no matter what happens after I die. I don't need religion to be a good person.

So when as a person of age you say "I am christian" it is your responsibility to know in full detail how and why your church works the way it does. If your church is criticized, it is your duty to rationalize a way to refute the argument or accept it as a fault.

It is normal to feel intimidated by cultured/intelligent/charming people, just do your best to keep an open mind and know that you're not less of a person for not knowing a subject as well as someone else. In truth, we're all here to learn!

I normally don't write this much, but I haven't had much to do today and it seemed like a good opportunity for us to know each other better beyond being from the same country. I hope you'll feel better soon and that my essay on Christianity doesn't seem like an attack.

Thank you so much for you´r words! I´m feeling a litle bether now, thanks :) And don´t whorry I didnt felt attacked, when its like this I dont mind its like we are debating, but when people start treating me like im dumb becouse of my religion :roll: oh well :) And I´ll take your advice on that.

And the last part, I´ll keep that in mind :)

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 9:20 am

The anti-religion/anti-Christian crowd thinks every time, every thread, is the appropriate time for them to lecture or condemn. But of course they never meant to offend you. :roll:

Someone who pushes their religion on you, and someone who pushes anti-religion on you are basically the same types of people. They are trying to make you think the way they do, because they are absolutely correct of course.

My suggestion is to blow both types out the airlock and hope the vacumn of space implodes their brains.

Hahahhaha. :lol:

But anyway, a truly smart person is the one that realizes they do not know very much and tries to learn things one at a time, and listens to reasonable others and hears what they have to say. The school of life is long, but there isn't a test at the end.

If you are experiencing a period where people seem to be pulling away, it might just be coincidence or maybe there is something that is pushing them away. You have to look at yourself and your actions with a critical eye and see if something is harming your friendships. I am not suggesting changing who you are, but mean to perhaps change how you interact and present yourself. Goal being to make people more comfortable with your companionship.

ikerio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

ventilating=fresh air in
venting=foul air out
You got the wrong word, I'm afraid....