Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm

Do any of you women have trouble shaving your legs? I always have this struggle because I can't get the back of my legs very well, or my upper legs. I've tried shaving my knees before, but my skin breaks easy there. D: I shave my legs every now and then when I'm going to wear shorts, but I still struggle with shaving them.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

Definitely. Can't shave my legs without making long gashes.

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2014, 9:26 pm

For me, it's more of a problem of getting it done in the first place instead of getting it done properly. I have very fine blonde hair, so I only shave my calves when I do (which I usually get around to every 2-2.5 weeks).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 12:35 am

yep. i relate to everything you just said, LOS.
and the problem of finding a razor that's not dull enough...

nowadays i just shave my ankles and a bit above, where my socks are. no time (and water) for the full monty.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2014, 11:34 pm

The back of the legs is an awkward place to reach while in the shower, and I'm paranoid that I'll slip in the process. I don't even bother with the area around my knees; too bumpy.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2014, 3:59 am

Being double jointed helps. I can shave the backs of my thighs by lying in the tub with my leg over my shoulder. Have a real problem with my ankles though, that's where I always nick myself. My knees too. But almost never shave because I rarely wear shorts and don't have a boyfriend.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2014, 9:10 pm

I'm flexible, so no. It's never been a problem for me. Also, I don't use disposable razors. I have a Venus. When I use disposable razors, my legs end up looking like I walked through a bunch of raspberry bushes.

I have tried waxing my legs with strips. It got rid of the hair, and it didn't leave any bumps or anything, but I had to use two boxes, and given the pain and the cost, I decided it just wasn't worth it. It did take a lot longer for the hair to grow back though. There are other options (depilatory creams, laser removal, and such), but like the wax strips, they cost more than a razor. I also just don't trust them.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 6:11 pm

I have one of those devices that pulls out the hairs with tiny, multiple tweezers. An epilator, I think it's called. At first it was so painful, but now I love it. The hairs on my legs grow back more sparsely, I don't need to get wet to do it (I hate showering) and the sensation has become almost pleasurable in a sadistic kind of way.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 4:16 am

BetwixtBetween wrote:
I'm flexible, so no. It's never been a problem for me. Also, I don't use disposable razors. I have a Venus. When I use disposable razors, my legs end up looking like I walked through a bunch of raspberry bushes.

I have tried waxing my legs with strips. It got rid of the hair, and it didn't leave any bumps or anything, but I had to use two boxes, and given the pain and the cost, I decided it just wasn't worth it. It did take a lot longer for the hair to grow back though. There are other options (depilatory creams, laser removal, and such), but like the wax strips, they cost more than a razor. I also just don't trust them.

I tried that once. The strips were prewaxed and you melted them by rubbing between your hands for a minute. It pulled the hair out in patches, my legs looked like camouflage britches. And you weren't suppose to rewax according to the instructions so I had to shave my patches anyway. Never did it again.

Tried one of those creams to but I have sensitive skin and thick hair. I was afraid I'd burn my skin if I left it on to long so I took it off before the hair came off.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 9:35 am

When I HAVE to shave, I use a man's electric razor (the ones they make for women are garbage).

I only shave to the knee. I own no skirts shorter than mid-calf, no shorts other than a couple pairs of cut-offs that I wear for yard mowing in the most dire heat, and refuse to patronize public swimming pools (mostly the kids and I "swim" in the pool in the back yard, though my personal preference is for rivers, lakes, and ponds).

Opaque cotton-spandex leggings are very helpful in situations where one cannot simply stick to wearing pants.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2014, 12:44 am

I never thought about using a mans electric razor, that's a great idea. I always use a 4-5 bladed razor in the shower, anything less makes me have to tie an absorbent cloth around my ankle.