Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm

I've finally figured out how to socialize like a normal human, perhaps better. I'm supposedly a genius, so that might be why I'm so high-functioning and capable. Flirting was likely the hardest part of this to learn, but I now have it down to a science(they tell me I'm very charming), and I find myself being claimed by girls(they tell their friends and mine about what we've done together, and somehow doing things together means we're in a relationship) after the first date. I play along, give them a chance, and "date" them until they start dropping hints that they want me to say "I love you". I've said it, I've lied(I'm a very skilled liar), and I dump them soon after, because I don't trust them, feel connected to them, or have any emotion investment with them. One girl got very frustrated with me because I wouldn't share my secrets with her, let her handle my phone, borrow my possessions, or let her meet my family.
I've been called manipulative, a liar, womanizer, sociopath, and a heartless, unfeeling, soulless bastard. All I'm trying to do is find someone I can trust and love.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a better way to search? How do I learn to trust people? Is there something wrong with me?

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 4:40 pm

So basically your problem is that you can't fall in love because you don't feel like you can trust the girls. I think herein lies the clue.
WHY do you not trust them and what are you afraid of? Be honest with yourself.

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2014, 5:44 pm

Honestly, I only trust, love, and care about my family. I think a girl would have to fit in with that before I could ever consider her for anything else.
If I can't trust them, I can't introduce them to my family. If I can't introduce them to my family and be proud of them, I suppose they are only suitable for FWB.
Is that wrong of me to feel that way?

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2014, 5:57 pm

No, it's not wrong, people are emotional beings and loyalties they hold can be based on affections they hold, people aren't lays logical or rational so it's good to approach trust with caution.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 6:26 pm

Well, supposedly you're the genius one.
I am sure you can come up with some formula to find out the answer.

You can start with pattern analysis:

Girl 1: Lied to her to get into her pants, f****d her, lied to her, distrusted her, ditched her.
Girl 2: Lied to her to get into her pants, f****d her, lied to her, distrusted her, ditched her.

...etc

not that hard to find out.

italstallianion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2014, 7:11 pm

Lucky, I can't stop falling in love. It sucks.

now I think I am finally clean. #Dat Angst

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 9:57 am

Nichard wrote:
Honestly, I only trust, love, and care about my family. I think a girl would have to fit in with that before I could ever consider her for anything else.
If I can't trust them, I can't introduce them to my family. If I can't introduce them to my family and be proud of them, I suppose they are only suitable for FWB.
Is that wrong of me to feel that way?

So what is your problem here and what do you want to fix?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:30 am

i am not interested in love. it is too soppy for me. i like clinical ways of being.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:30 am

I think the answer is that if you learn to fake the whole game it is just a game, and not for real. So, if you want to sleep with girls and ditch them, it seems like a perfect solution, but if you want to get into a real loving relationship it is just a worthless game that won't lead anywhere.

PrettyStarFury
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2014, 7:29 am

I was the same, until I stopped with the FWB and just stayed alone for a while. Unfortunately, by then it was too late to get back the man I know realise I love, but at least by cutting all the inconsequential people out of my life I could see the difference between FWB and someone actually worthwhile.
Hope this helps, in any way