Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

For the last few days in my office I have been sitting at my computer (facing away from other workers in the office.). When sitting typing away I stare at the screen and tears fill my eyes. Ctge reason why is because I have no girlfriend and a repetitive boring job.

Do you think I have the right to get teary eyed or not?

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 4:48 pm

As a human being you have a right to emotions. It?s how you react to the emotion and how it affects others is where rights come in. The feelings you are having are right and natural feelings to have, the need to feel wanted and fulfilled. Sadly however these feelings go unmet all too often.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2014, 6:00 pm

You have the absolute right to that that, and there is nothing wrong about feeling sad and having tears in our eyes. I don't know what to say more...

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 8:22 pm

emotions aren't right or wrong. they just are. sorry life isn't going well for you right now.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:54 am

Jamesy wrote:
For the last few days in my office I have been sitting at my computer (facing away from other workers in the office.). When sitting typing away I stare at the screen and tears fill my eyes. Ctge reason why is because I have no girlfriend and a repetitive boring job.

Do you think I have the right to get teary eyed or not?

As the others said, it's normal.

I was irritated with some industry friends who had no sympathy for me being stuck in a boring and frustrating job (because I have a family to support), because they said I should just be grateful I had a job when so many in our industry had been laid off. Like, I don't have the right to have emotions because someone else has emotions also? Illogical.

And, don't worry, once you do have a romantic partner, then you'll have a whole slew of different things to cry about.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 5:01 pm

Emotions are one of the few things in this world that you do have a right to :wink:

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm

You have every right to whatever you are feeling, however people can sometimes get angry and be hurtful if they don't understand you being tearful or if you continue being upset for too long. I am not sure quite why.

rainydaykid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2014, 1:36 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
Emotions are one of the few things in this world that you do have a right to :wink:

Along with healthcare, food, and clean water.

Yes on the emotional thing. I've cried before, and didn't care who saw it. I don't buy into this whole macho bs about how a man is supposed to be.