Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

Yes, I know there is another forum post where everyone posts a picture of what they are dressed in/ everyone posts what they are wearing at that moment. What I am wondering is.. is there a certain way that a majority of us dress? I mean, apart from being "comfy." For example, from a young age, I usually preferred to dress nicely-- ie in dresses, nice slacks with a sweater etc. Is that a common thing with us or do the majority prefer to dress down? Just wondering. I am going to uni and with kids much younger than I am (7 years) so I see that usually they go around everywhere, dressed in pajamas or exercise outfits. I would never leave the house in either of those things and usually wear jeans and a collared or button down shirt. Anyone else? If not, what is your "normal outfit" like?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm

Black or grey T-shirt, indigo-denim pants, white cross-trainers with a black or grey sweatshirt in cool weather. White Oxford shirt if the occasion isn't casual.

Hehe. Boring.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:08 pm

I don't differentiate between the seasons and generally wear the same clothing all year round.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

nyxjord wrote:
How do you generally dress?

In the dark.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm

Well it varies some but a couple examples:
So yeah pants with patterns I have a couple pairs with solid colors lol, band t-shirts, sweaters/jackets...I however do not have a picture of my patch vest handy to post right now but maybe I will add that since I wear that quite a bit to.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:26 pm

It depends on the season. During warmer months, I wear T-shirts, blouses, shorts, skirts, and sandals. During cooler months, I wear sweaters, silk scarves, pants, and socks.

When I go to work, I usually wear dress pants, except on Fridays when I wear jeans.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:33 pm

"Normal" tends to be whatever attire I require for work.

For the last few years that's meant cheap blue jeans & thrift store t-shirts for doing construction work, shorts & t's for running/outdoors stuff, old comfy clothes for lounging around the house.

But now I've started a new job back in the service industry again, sooo, it's a uniform black t-shirt w/ white print, dark blue jeans (always clean & not wrinkled), I polish my black dress shoes a bit, and iron my apron before every shift. I like dressing more formally and am comfortable wearing collared button down dress shirts - but do prefer a fitted shirt, untucked, and am not big on wearing a tie unless I have to for something more formal like a wedding. If I were in a more professional role, I could get used to wearing a suit and tie no problem. I'm equally comfortable in an old pair of shorts or jeans and a ratty t-shirt, though - but I'd never go out in public like that? well, except for maybe to run a quick errand.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:39 pm

Hi Fnord, I've missed you. I'm glad to see you again. :D

Wreck It Ralph

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

nyxjord wrote:
I am going to uni and with kids much younger than I am (7 years) so I see that usually they go around everywhere, dressed in pajamas or exercise outfits. I would never leave the house in either of those things...

I wouldn't either, and I dislike seeing other people dressed that way out in public.

I will wear whatever I want around the house. But I won't go out like that, I will change clothes first. And I won't go out if I haven't showered and washed my hair.

I usually wear a skirt with a coordinating top. Most of my clothes are casual, some are a bit dressier, but either way I put some thought into what I wear.

If I'm just going to pick up a pizza, or pick up a few things from the grocery store, I may wear "house clothes" (like knit pants, an old t-shirt). But I still try to look presentable.

I just don't understand the people who look like they've just rolled out of bed, with wrinkled stretched out clothes, greasy messed up hair, body odor. Yuck.

Last edited by dianthus on 29 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grbiker
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm

Carhartt work pants and a t-shirt or polo shirt is the usual. As it gets colder, I will wear a fleece vest, or long sleeve pullover. Plain soft fabric button down shirts are ok.

In summer I wear Carhartt work shorts with t-shirts and polo shirts, subdued tones. Short sleeved button down shirts if it's fancy dress.

Funny though, I am wearing jeans today, the first pair I've owned in 20 years.

I went through a "dress up" stage in my teens/early twenties. Wore vintage suits and the like, but it was a special interest that just sort of ended. Too much fussing.

I have a wide variety of shoes and boots, though. Up until a few years ago, I was not able to wear sandals, but I kind of like them now.

Last edited by grbiker on 29 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm

I wear shorts and tishirts in the warm weather and usually crocks or keens or sneakers for shoes. I love skorts for warm weather too.

In colder weather I like sweats or jeans and fleece pullovers. Sometimes I wear sweaters. I have winter clogs as well as snow boots. I like vests too and have quite a collection.

If I am going somewhere where I need to dress up, I actually enjoy dressing up every now and then, I usually wear a skirt and blouse or sweater or some nice nice slacks with a nice button blouse or nice sweater.

I also wear a lot of technical type clothes like technical sports shirts that are great at moisture wicking and keeping you either cool or warm because I do a lot of sports.

I would not mind going out in fleece PJ bottoms and a tshirt or sweatshirt if I had PJ bottoms that I could go out in. They cover all the areas that need to be covered and are warm and comfy and cute.

Unless it is an occasion where I have to dress up I don't put too much thought into my appearance. I won't go out without brushing my teeth but I have gone out without combing my hair or showering but I usually do a wash up in the sink if I don't have time to shower. My hair is usually in a braid so it's not too bad. But as long as my clothes are clean and I am modest and properly covered I don't really care too much how I present. I even have jeans with huge holes in the knees which I love and a pair of seats with a big hole in the ankle area which I don't mind wearing. I also have a pair of sweats that I love because it has white paint all over it from when I painted the garage. That was such a big accomplishment for me that I love wearing those sweats. I sometimes tell people that my goal in dressing is to embarrass my mother. :D

Wreck It Ralph

Last edited by skibum on 29 Oct 2014, 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm

according to my mom i dress like a slob :wink:

my normal outfit is black pants, black nikes and a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt. i have about maybe 5 or 6 different shirts in total that i would wear but usually i get stuck wearing one or two of them heavily for months at times. i do wash my clothes though!

clothing-wise texture is the most important thing, i am picky at texture apparently.

cold weather is best because soft sweaters etc layers very nice.

while i dont dress myself up good i am interested in fashion/style, but can only look into that kind of stuff when i'm not overwhelmed

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 1:09 pm

dianthus wrote:
nyxjord wrote:
I am going to uni and with kids much younger than I am (7 years) so I see that usually they go around everywhere, dressed in pajamas or exercise outfits. I would never leave the house in either of those things...

I wouldn't either, and I dislike seeing other people dressed that way out in public.

I will wear whatever I want around the house. But I won't go out like that, I will change clothes first. And I won't go out if I haven't showered and washed my hair.

I usually wear a skirt with a coordinating top. Most of my clothes are casual, some are a bit dressier, but either way I put some thought into what I wear.

If I'm just going to pick up a pizza, or pick up a few things from the grocery store, I may wear "house clothes" (like knit pants, an old t-shirt). But I still try to look presentable.

I just don't understand the people who look like they've just rolled out of bed, with wrinkled stretched out clothes, greasy messed up hair, body odor. Yuck.

Well I am sure some days I do look like that, at least in the morning...if I have to go to 7-11 in the morning I'm not going to bother getting dressed I just walk there in pajamas. Or if I am just like going to the park to smoke since my mom prefers I don't smoke around the house and I haven't got dressed and what not yet....As for my hair I could certianly do a better job of keeping up on washing it, but if all else fails I can hide it under a hat. I guess maybe there is an element of laziness there.

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2014, 1:10 pm

I tend to dress in very feminine ways. I really like to wear dresses and skirts in the warmer months out of comfort and less stress while picking out an outfit. In general, I dress pretty "normally".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm

This is like my daily uniform. Hoodies and cargo pants. I don't usually wear brand logos but got that DC one as a gift.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 1:28 pm

For work: Business casual - often a nice golf shirt, dark coloured cotton pleated men's slacks and either black leather shows or black running shoes.

At home: a well worn pair of jeans and a tee-shirt. Occasionally a nice pair of sweatpants instead of jeans if I'm feeling really lazy and not expecting any visitors.

I am partial to Hawaiian shirts and have been known to wear them to work on Fridays :D