Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RhiannRayn21
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2014, 11:32 pm

Hello, I am new to this site and sort of confused about everything that has been going on in my life lately.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Tourettes and also Mild Autism, I have also in the past been diagnosed with ADHD and Bipolar disorder.

I feel kind of down about things and unaware of how to cope with it. 8O That's why I am here to get some answers about how to deal with this.

I am 21 years old and recently started university. I have had trouble in my school years my whole life, but nothing was ever done until now.

It is all a shock to me. I would like to talk to some people who can be supportive and teach me about what I need to know about my health, or even people who are willing to share their story.

Even other resources that could be useful for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks for reading this.

:)

Kurushimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

Hello. That is a lot to contend with all at once and trying to start school too. Has your doctor recommended a treatment plan for you? I think that seeking a support system is very wise of you. Having that many diagnoses could be difficult. The first thing I would do if you are prescribed medicines for all of them, is double check with the pharmacist to make sure that none of the medicines will interact with each other. Especially if different doctor's prescribed them. If you feel shocked about the diagnosis, you may want to seek a second opinion. I work in the medical field and honestly doctor's get paid to prescribe certain medications, that's why I always double check with the pharmacist. I really hope that everything works out for you. Healthwise all I can say is about the meds, and just take as much time as you need to process everything. Your health and well-being are more important than school or anything else. Good luck.

"The sun came out, and I walked on my feet and heard with my ears. I hate the bits, the bits that stay down and I work, I function like I'm a girl. I hate it because I know it'll go away! The sun grows dark and chaos has come again."