Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 5:27 am

Who likes wearing dresses/skirts? I hate them. I cannot wear them, but I can wear a nightie to bed. I see dresses and skirts as being 'too girly' and since I'm a tom-boy, I won't wear them. I used to wear dresses as a little girl though...

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2007, 5:32 am

I have always hated them. I dont think i sit girly enough to wear one anyway.

lightsounds
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2007, 5:33 am

You might have to wear those dresses/skirts one day, especially wedding dresses.
Try one of those longer cut skirts, the're are quite comfortable. Not every skirts are short.
Who knows, eventually you might like wearing them.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 5:41 am

If I wore one, I'm sure I'd just rip it off or something! :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 5:43 am

Up until I was 15 I only wore shorts.

Now I wear a combination.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 5:47 am

I wear pants, nothing else. And at school I wore jeans. Dresses/skirts=evil.

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:29 am

I love skirts and dresses as long as they're soft, loose enough, and reach my ankles. I also prefer heavy, thick fabric that hangs straight down, like denim or thick wool. I like the feeling of being swaddled, as in a cocoon of sorts. It's comforting to feel the heavy fabric draping loosely against my legs when I'm walking or sitting down, and to be able to tuck it underneath me if I'm sitting on a couch with my legs pulled up.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:32 am

I hate pants with a seething passion. Everyone wears them. They're boring, I want to look zany.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:49 am

For years i refused to wear skirts or dresses as thyey were "girly", which is ironic as i would wear them all the time and refused to wear all trousers but jeans.

Now i adore them, especially the long full ones, there is nothing more fun than twirling around in a floaty skirt, or wearing a long skirt on a windy day. The only problems i have with them, and the reasons that i don't wear them that often, is that you have to make sure you are sitting appropriately and not flashing everyone, which can be difficult at times, especially with short skirts, that and you have to make sure you have done your legs.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 11:13 am

I used to hate them, now i tolerate them. i usually wear pants underneath them if I can.(if they are long enough) :) :P ;)

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 11:15 am

I haven't worn a skirt since late 2005 and I can't remember the last time I wore a dress. I find them uncomfortable as my thighs are HUGE and they make me look like I'm wearing one of those hoopskirts from the victorian era.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 1:15 pm

I only wear skirts if they are over long pants.

-SpaceCase

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2007, 1:59 pm

I used to hate skirts, but like some other women here have posted, I have found long loose skirts to be VERY comfortable. I love them! I'm still a jeans and a tee shirt dresser, but I do wear long skirts sometimes.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 2:04 pm

I like skirts, probably more than dresses. I love cotton, linen and flax. I'm not much for silk or satin. I can't stand man made materials. Wool makes me itch. I do have to watch how I sit in them. I usually sit like a guy which even gets looks when I'm in pants or jeans. LOL

M02
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2007, 2:10 pm

I wear dresses of skirts everyday. I prefer long skirts without slits that are wider at the bottom than the top (A-line) Also I refuse to wear panty hose or tights. They are what makes wearing a skirt so uncomfortable to me. I wear knee socks or just bare legs depending on the weather.

I also like to wear petticoats under my skirts. I make cottons ones. The nylon slips are sometimes too hot to wear or scratchy.

I also don't wear high heel or uncomfortable shoes with dresses. I wear sports shoes, sandals or mary jane shoes with my dresses. If people think it looks stupid then that is their problem.

09 Mar 2007, 4:48 pm

I'm not too big on skirts and dresses because I don't like my skin touching each other and you have to sit a certain way and have to be careful how you sit or bend so I wear work out shorts under them so I wouldn't have to worry about how to sit and be torturing by my skin touching each other but that's what pantyhose is for. But do I wear them, yes I do, when I dress up.

I loved dresses when I was little and as I got older I started to hate them because I couldn't play on any playground equipment because the duty ladies would bug me about my panties showing so my mother told me to wear shorts under them so I did. Then I developed an issues about not liking my two legs touching each other near my pelvis area when i reached puberty. I read and heard about puberty doing strange things to us. Even Temple Grandin has mentioned how hard puberty was on her when she was a kid. All the hormoines, her getting breasts, body changing, body odor.