Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 3:09 pm

Egosoft is about to release X: Rebirth 3.0 and it seems like the game might actually be worth trying again!

As a veteran of many Egosoft releases, I knew XR would be pretty bad when it first came out--Ego's games always are.

However, Ego is also one of the best devs out there as far as supporting/fixing games is concerned. After a year, they've done TONS of bug fixes and redesigns, and added lots of new, free content to the game.

If you have the game, like me, and haven't played in a while, it's probably time to fire it up.

If you don't have the game, but you like space sims, it might be time to buy it from steam for cheap...

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

X: Rebirth is a weird game with potential. Before it was released I liked the images and the trailer was pretty good. I saw it in a store... and purchased the game without knowing the hate and negative feedback its been getting. Kinda surprised me. I hope they do turn things around, however its still disappointing that it was released in a broken state.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 10:31 pm

Nice graphics. I haven't played a cockpit space-shooty game since Wing Commander

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 10:34 pm

Lightligurua wrote:
X: Rebirth is a weird game with potential. Before it was released I liked the images and the trailer was pretty good. I saw it in a store... and purchased the game without knowing the hate and negative feedback its been getting. Kinda surprised me. I hope they do turn things around, however its still disappointing that it was released in a broken state.

If you want to see what a fully mature Egosoft space game is like, try X3: Albion Prelude...

You can get it from Steam right now for about $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201310/

It's deep and has a steep learning curve, but it's worth it if you like space sims.

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Lightligurua wrote:

If you want to see what a fully mature Egosoft space game is like, try X3: Albion Prelude...

You can get it from Steam right now for about $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201310/

It's deep and has a steep learning curve, but it's worth it if you like space sims.

I already have much of the X3 games but I haven't played them much. :) I played lots of Evochron Mercenary, its really good.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm

Thanks for the tip... The steam page says the game has realistic physics. I've been looking for another game like that since Iwar 2.

I think I'll give it a try.