05 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

This is the non poll version.

I'm not sure

Why or why not?

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:05 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't want to become nt because that would be strange. But if I was nt from birth that would be fine.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm

Who is this NT-me you are talking about? If I was NT, I would be somebody different. I can't be me without Autism.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2014, 8:25 pm

I would want to be me, Aspie-ness and all.

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm

There are some days I want to be autistic; there are other days I wish I was NT.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 1:38 am

I just want to be me and I happen to be on the spectrum, so I'm fine with that.

BorgPrince
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2014, 1:49 am

The question is meaningless. One cannot grasp the existence of the other, therefore, there is no valid basis for comparison.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2014, 4:30 am

you're asking me if i'd rather be dead or alive.. that's a question i'm finding hard to answer right now actually

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 2:29 am

autistic

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2014, 2:39 am

I'd stay the way I am, I suppose. I don't know what it's like to be NT.

Presumably if I was NT, I would talk a lot more and have more social obligations and actually care about stuff like Facebook and Twitter. Basically I'd always be looking to other people to satisfy some need for attention or validation. I see that as a significant weakness. So I'm glad that, as an autistic person, those things don't come naturally to me. I can just sit around and relax without having to burden others with my problems.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

NT, just for the sake of being in the majority. I don't want to have to keep explaining why I have all these quirks and having this label following me around my whole life.

JurgenW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

It would be nice to succeed in social relations. It is so painful that I am never able to connect with people, and never be part of something, and never have a conversation or a relationship, so I would say that NT would be preferable.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 12:04 pm

Sometimes I wish I was NT because they know how to react to things well; a thing I wish I had. I don't like how I can't form a conversation with someone or show them that I'm nice to them or when I offend them without meaning to. I was somewhere else where there was poor children and a poor little boy asked me if I wanted someone to help me carry the things I'm carrying (those kids in poor countries who offer to carry things for money) and he asked in a very polite way, but I didn't have money with me and I said the no in a cold way and then he asked the woman accompanying in walking me the same question and she replied a very mean thing without even turning his way and told me 'come let's go from there' and she showed the boy she's trying to avoid him, it was really mean. I wish if I could've told him no in a nice way, I tried to but I didn't know how to or say something nice to him or pat on his head. Remembering his sad face and that it was at night and and how polite he was and that i wasn't being able to at least showing him some kindness makes me hate not being an NT since they know how to show what they mean mostly.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 12:53 pm

I'd rather have been born NT, no doubt about that.

But suddenly changing to being an NT at the age of 39 seems a bit pointless: like closing the stable door after the horse has long since bolted. I doubt I'd turn into a social butterfly, or whatever it is I'd be hoping for.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

I kind of like being autistic. It's part of who I am, and if I wasn't autistic... who would I be? I'd be a complete stranger to myself. I mean, sure... I have a lot of issues with anxiety and other things as well. I still think it'd be hard for me to wish to be an NT. Then again, I'm kind of undecided. After all, if I had been born NT, I would be able to help my parents and live on my own as well. I'd already be out of this house, having a job and all that junk. My parents wouldn't have to worry about what will happen to me after they are gone. D:

I wouldn't mind being born as NT, but I wouldn't want to become an NT.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm

I would rather be myself, no matter how it is labeled.

I wouldn't want to change the way my mind works, but I wish I could change the way my body works. I wish my body could keep on going even when I get mentally exhausted. I wish I didn't get tired so easily, or need so much sleep.