Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Knocknocknock
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

If anyone touch my abdomen(accidentally or intentionally) or the inside of my upper arm(only when unexceptedly ), I will bend myself and start giggling/laughing. Even when I know that a doctor is going to press my stomach, I am still not able to control my reaction and start rolling/bending/laughing for a while. Does anyone here have the same problem? Do you get less and less sensitive as you grow up?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 9:10 am

Not extremely--but definitely above "average."

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

I used to be extremely ticklish to the point where I'd squawk if someone even touched me anywhere, but now I've sort of normalized. Actually...no. I wouldn't call the way I react to touch now normal. Still extreme, just...different. LOL.

BrutalMetalDood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

Yep, I used to be very ticklish when I was younger; ESPECIALLY on my feet , abdomen, and under my arms. Now I don't think I have a single ticklish spot on my entire body. I'm really not sure if my lack of ticklishness is normal or not, lol. *shrugs shoulders*

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ Terry Pratchett

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 10:46 am

I find being tickled to be torturous.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 11:32 am

I am extremely ticklish against my sides. One little poke, and I'll start squealing. I used to have a friend who would surprise poke me there. It got me in trouble a lot because I made these involuntary squealing sounds. They were loud, and the people in the life skills program I was in didn't like it. They blamed me for it until I finally got her to stop doing it. I hate having people poke my sides though because of this. I usually don't tell people this is where my most ticklish spot is.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

07 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

I'm pretty ticklish & hate it but I love massages & physical affection from my girlfriend. My girlfriend likes being tickled & I like doing it to her because she enjoys it but she has urges to tickle me but usually forces herself to resist sense she knows I hate it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

I am extremely ticklish, always have been and probably always will be. :D

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2014, 1:49 pm

Yes, extremely, but I don't laugh. It makes me more angry than happy.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 3:07 pm

I'm very ticklish, but not in the way that makes people laugh. A light touch makes me feel like my skin is crawling.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 2:48 am

Very Ticklish

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 4:42 am

Yeah, I feel awkward at the doctor's when they press on my stomach. I know it's going to happen, but it still makes me laugh.

- Sherlock Holmes

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2014, 7:11 am

I think Ticklishness (a word?) is completely psychological. If it were not; then tickling yourself in the same way someone else does would make you laugh. It doesn't.

I am not ticklish for this exact reason. I find that thinking hard enough when someone is tickling me (only ever one of my children trying, or my other half) to not be ticklish works. Having said that, I'm massively adversed to anyone (else) touching me, so it's hardly a very common occurrence.

However, it seems to have a lot to do with control; if someone has you pinned down and you know you can't escape, you're much more likely to feel ticklish. If someone is just tickling your arm or side and doesn't have you cornered or something, it's far less effective. But, I've let my other half, and both my boys hold me down and tickle me on the feet, neck, belly, sides and legs and thinking hard enough to not be ticklish has worked.