Do you ever scream into your pillow or hit yourself?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Dec 2014, 3:22 am

I always do this

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:56 am

I hit my head, it feels like all the tension is going out but I feel like screaming but I don't because I get afraid I would loose brain cells and that I might injure my vocal cords.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2014, 6:03 am

I only hit myself during a meltdown or a shutdown. It feels like the only touch of reality that I feel during a meltdown or a shutdown, and the only way to release the emotions that have been building up for so long.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 12:42 pm

Nope. I haven't lost control for a couple decades. My head always controls my emotions. That's probably why I have anxiety. Everything turns into anxiety for me. I wonder if I'll feel more relaxed if I do some screaming, but it's been so long I'm not sure I can. At least you weren't screaming at or hitting other people.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:38 pm

Yes, when my moods get so bad that I feel I can't tolerate anything anymore. Not so long ago I used to frequently punch myself on my arms and legs until I was covered in bruises. Another time I screamed so much I had trouble speaking for a few days. I don't do it as much now but it seems to get really bad just before my period. Last week I grabbed a comb and made sawing motions all across my arms. How close am I to it being a knife? :(

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

I have screamed into my pillow before and also punched walls in order to release tension.

Haven't done it for a while though.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 5:06 pm

I used to do that all the time. It's a lot more infrequent now... It's been a year anyways.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 6:10 pm

I used to do it as a younger person. I didn´t really scream, because, I didn´t want anyone to hear, - but I hit myself. It gave some sort of relief.

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

Are these related to Autism? I sometimes slap myself when I'm frustrated or trying to stay awake :P

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:09 pm

I am not a screamer. I tend to get VERY quiet when upset. Noise draws attention like no other. But I do sort of slam my forehead into my pillow by letting myself fall into it. I don't know why though. I just crave it.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 12:52 am

I hit myself or punch myself or bang my head when I am frustrated or just feeling things I cannot deal with/express, when it all builds up inside. It also happens if I mess up. I also punched a lot of holes in my walls which have just been filled. I seem to never have developed a way to deal with these pressure eruptions. I think maybe it would be different if I did not loathe myself most of the time, and have the diagnosis of emotional dysregulation as well as Asperger's.

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2014, 2:37 am

Yes, especially when I have meltdowns. My meltdowns are big and very physical, I'm lucky because I live in a small organisation that helps people with complex difficulties and many of us are on the spectrum and have mental health problems with our ASD so they are very experienced with managing meltdowns. I also tend to do a lot of other things along side those things such as running myself into walls. I normally eventually just exhaust myself out and the staff stay with me to prevent significant injury.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:01 am

I can't remember when I last hit myself and I screamed into a pillow this summer at my family lake house.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 9:34 am

yes I hit myself sometimes, in the head, nothing damaging just when I am frustrated. I don't scream into a pillow though

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 11:33 pm

I scream and hit myself sometimes.

Love transcends all.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

When I was younger, I used to bite the top part of my hand so hard that I would leave an imprint of my teeth. Now, I just kept it inside or take it out on whatever made me mad (Not people, though- I just harbor a grudge and never forgive them).