Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Do you believe in spirits? Do you believe in more than what you *see*?
Yes 54%  54%  [ 20 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 17 ]
I haven't really thought about it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 37

DanicaBananica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2015, 1:17 pm

How many of you guys out there tend to think more about spiritual things, or actually connect with Higher-vibrational beings, like the Angels? One of my favourite books -ever- is "Seth Speaks" by Jane Roberts, who channeled a nonphysical entity who called himself Seth, from the early 60's to her time of death in 1984. (Awesome, if you ever get the chance to read any Seth Material)
In our western culture, sadly, we "diagnose" those with "mental" health disorders, labeling them crazy, or insane when they believe in such "unbelievable" things - or when they here voices, good or bad. The medical answer is to stop the voices by medicating them.
Where in other cultures they are prospective Shaman, and are trained to become healers.

There's this one "crazy" guy that comes into where I work every now and again, and sits by himself talking to "no-body", once he even gave this invisible somebody a "cheers" with his coffee. It's easy to think that he was just crazy, but what if someone, some entity that you or I could not perceive, was actually there with him?

What many people don't understand, or know, is that everything that we perceive is a vibration, one that our brains interpret and then form an image based on that vibration... when you look in a spectra-scope, you are perceiving the many colours of light, broken down - but we can only see limited colour, even though the spectrum has higher, and lower readings. We can not hear what dogs hear, nor smell our food miles away, or see what a cat perceives. Sometimes my cat chases after invisible things that I am not perceiving!
It makes me wonder how much we're missing because of our limited perception....

http://disinfo.com/2014/06/shaman-sees-mental-hospital/

http://www.oneworldhealing.net

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm

I was very new age minded, once. I say once because after a time I began to see it as a less positive thing over time. Are there interdimensional beings? I'm still open minded about that. We don't know what you don't know and I hate to think our present knowledge is the sum total of what we will ever know. For that reason alone I will not categorically rule it out, neither will I rule out psychism and related phenomena. But at the same time I don't put huge stock in those things, they are a curiosity.

I've also come to realise that sadly a lot of new age guru's are really just narcissistic individuals running a spiritual business. They are very far from being spiritually minded people. That is my point of departure with new age teachings.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2015, 6:56 pm

Quote:
I've also come to realise that sadly a lot of new age guru's are really just narcissistic individuals running a spiritual business. They are very far from being spiritually minded people. That is my point of departure with new age teachings.

Very well said!

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 8:15 pm

I believe in angels. Also, I've heard people say, many times, that God uses "regular" people (people on earth) as angels. I feel that's quite possible----like, when someone just happens to be at the right place, at the right time, to help someone, I feel that could be divine intervention.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm

Honestly, I have a really hard time believing in anything of a supernatural/spiritual/occult nature. I just don't feel the connection. I certainly wish some of these things existed though, I think it would be really neat to be able to use magic and talk to spirits and fight demons and other stuff like that.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 4:27 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I believe in angels. Also, I've heard people say, many times, that God uses "regular" people (people on earth) as angels. I feel that's quite possible----like, when someone just happens to be at the right place, at the right time, to help someone, I feel that could be divine intervention.

no....you THINK that's quite possible not FEEL

I feel sad.
I feel excited.
I feel that's quite possible. see it is incorrect.

feel is for internal states of emotion
think is for what your mind believes

I'm not being a jerk.
People will notice that you do that and they will view you poorly.
I'm only trying to help.

Be well. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 7:23 am

There is no valid empirical evidence to support claims for the existence of ghosts, disembodied spirits, or other "supernatural" or "paranormal" beings.

I prefer my reality in material form.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 9:21 am

slave wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

no....you THINK that's quite possible not FEEL

I feel sad.
I feel excited.
I feel that's quite possible. see it is incorrect.

feel is for internal states of emotion
think is for what your mind believes

I'm not being a jerk.
People will notice that you do that and they will view you poorly.
I'm only trying to help.

Be well. :D

I started using the phrase "I feel" after so many, MANY times I used the phrase "I think", and people said: "You THINK----you don't KNOW".

Also, my dictionary says:

FEEL: vt To think something is true: to be convinced about something by instinct or intuition rather than concrete evidence.

That's good-enough, for me----so, I'm stickin'-with "I feel". Thanks.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 9:29 am

Feelings are not evidence, and belief proves nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanicaBananica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

I agree with you that there are many, many people out there taking the magic and mysticism out of spirituality. But when you have seen the things that I have, it's kind of hard to ignore the inner workings of Reality and what it's really all about. Once again, vibration - everything is a vibration. We do not perceive all vibration - so I have to ask myself, what I am missing?

Yarny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2015, 1:59 pm

DanicaBananica wrote:
Once again, vibration - everything is a vibration. We do not perceive all vibration - so I have to ask myself, what I am missing?

No, everything is not, in fact, a vibration. If you're talking about Quantum Mechanics, although it's true that all particles exhibit wave-like properties, nothing is "vibrating." The only thing you could consider to be "vibrating" is the probability of detecting the particle at that location. Also, we have instruments for detecting light outside the visible spectrum and all manner of different particles.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 2:48 pm

I believe in spirits and the occult and I also think those beliefs are ridiculous mumbo jumbo. I'm a skeptic and a believer at the same time. I'm both Mulder and Scully.

I automatically believe in spirits and the occult without choosing to. My automatic thoughts go down that path.

I also know that my automatic and instinctual beliefs have no basis. There's no evidence to support them. I haven't experience the things I believe in for myself either. I wouldn't put money on the existence of spirits, demons, astral travel, etc. but I have an automatic instinctual belief in these things.

The one side of me believes that the concept of spirits, magic, the occult, astral travel, divination etc. is all fantasy. The other side of me is a devoted believer.

Both sides of me agree that the phrase "more spiritually evolved" is ridiculous. What does it even mean? It sounds so egotistical. I would never use the words "spiritually" and "evolved" in the same sentence.

DanicaBananica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2015, 12:09 pm

Yarny wrote:
DanicaBananica wrote:
Once again, vibration - everything is a vibration. We do not perceive all vibration - so I have to ask myself, what I am missing?

No, everything is not, in fact, a vibration. If you're talking about Quantum Mechanics, although it's true that all particles exhibit wave-like properties, nothing is "vibrating." The only thing you could consider to be "vibrating" is the probability of detecting the particle at that location. Also, we have instruments for detecting light outside the visible spectrum and all manner of different particles.

Found this interesting tid-bit on quantum mechanics... thought it was pretty cool. The world we live in is trippy - this I can't deny.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/19 ... 055013.htm

DanicaBananica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm

seaturtleisland wrote:
I believe in spirits and the occult and I also think those beliefs are ridiculous mumbo jumbo. I'm a skeptic and a believer at the same time. I'm both Mulder and Scully.

I automatically believe in spirits and the occult without choosing to. My automatic thoughts go down that path.

I also know that my automatic and instinctual beliefs have no basis. There's no evidence to support them. I haven't experience the things I believe in for myself either. I wouldn't put money on the existence of spirits, demons, astral travel, etc. but I have an automatic instinctual belief in these things.

The one side of me believes that the concept of spirits, magic, the occult, astral travel, divination etc. is all fantasy. The other side of me is a devoted believer.

Both sides of me agree that the phrase "more spiritually evolved" is ridiculous. What does it even mean? It sounds so egotistical. I would never use the words "spiritually" and "evolved" in the same sentence.

Funny that you wrote this, because there is a part of me that denies the existence of things that I can believe in - sometimes I feel childish for believing in such things. But then I start asking "Where did I come from", "Why am I here", "What is this all about?" Even though there's the rational part of me that thinks it's all silly, why do my thoughts go back to that place of wonder, why am I so intrigued by the mystery of life?

Did we really just "show up" here, did we really evolve from life in the ocean? What caused the big bang if it really happened? Some people think they have it all figured out, that there is no magic, no mysticism to life -- things are what they are, and there's nothing more to it. These are the people that miss out on the magic that's right in front of them.

When I look at the Earth, the trees, the flowers - the innate beauty of the Earth, of the Universe - I have to ask myself, is it all just a coincidence? Or is there an intelligence behind it........ ? Life is intelligent. You can't deny this, for it would be to deny your own intelligence, your own existence. From the smallest cell, to the largest star - the awareness that exists within it and behind it is mind blowing!!

How is this even possible?

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2015, 12:56 am

Yes, I have to believe in the supernatural (whether I want to or not) because of the things I (and others with me) have seen and experienced over the years. I just can't ignore it when there is so much personal evidence.

Felinelover
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm

Luzhin wrote:
Yes, I have to believe in the supernatural (whether I want to or not) because of the things I (and others with me) have seen and experienced over the years. I just can't ignore it when there is so much personal evidence.

Those could be my words. So relieved that I'm not alone. Mind you, many of my RL friends could say this too.

I have tried again and again to convince myself it ('the supernatural) doesn't exist, but....I'm afraid my whole experience in life shows otherwise. Again and again, I have witnessed things that I have been told are 'just not possible'. The more I open up to it through meditation and affirmations, the more miracles happen. Especially amongst the earthly turmoil I've been in over the past month, I have witnessed so many miracles that are 'against the odds', and before anyone says 'are you schitzophrenic' let me clarify that I have other witnesses for this stuff too, for at least a lot of it anyway.

I often cannot tell people about all the stuff that has happened to me because I have a feeling they would think I am making it up.

One great spiritual book to read (well three books actually) is the Conversations with God trilogy by Neale Donald Walsh. Another is, of course, the Oprah-approved but no less genius Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

Love and light to you all, my fellow beings from another planet! (In case you didn't know, the spiritual / new age explanation for autism is that we're literally from another dimension originally, and have not incarnated on this planet many enough times to know its strange ways -- but also, more importantly, we have incarnated here from higher dimensions to help the world and humankind with our special abilities.)

This is the first time I have written about this so openly, and it helps having a pseudonym. I work in science and this is a huge taboo.

If anyone wants to chat about spiritual stuff, feel free to PM me. You could say it's one of my very special interests.