Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 10:57 pm

If you can add any that you think may be pertenant for educative conent... just post... or your welcome to post your opion.. or perspective once you have seen the moving picture book.

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle:

Obviously if you can't see the educative quality that this movie posses when it comes to AUTISM.. then your still living in the GreenHouse.

Matilda:

The Follow on to the little Autisitc Stable girl that could.... education about how to engineer a species to be XmEn.... The Teacher was only educated to a certain level and didn't reach the end goal... the Fat Jock Principal and the White Trash parents are the educators.

All Movies with the girl from Matilda.... for example if you can follow the one about The Lawyer Fihting for Santa (I don't expect you too, it's beyond me)...you will find that in this case the AS parent actually kills the imagination that provides the ability to go X.... through 'Fact' ... just like I am killing your ability to go X... but with some luck you will pass on the knowledge subliminally enough to your children.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 5:42 am

I just saw "the bridge to terabithia", and although it's not about aspergers or autism, it is about bullying and how 2 "unique" individuals cope with some awful circumstances. It was an excellent movie, although not quite what i expected. "bubble boy", again, is not about aspergers or autism, but is about a boy who spends his life in a bubble because "he was born without immunities"~it's quite funny and ironic...a refreshing view of life as an "outsider"

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 6:35 pm

here's another one.... want to know what an AUtistic world would be like...

Watch SCRUBS.

Everyone here has taken on an AS trait... the Cleaner is the Parent to all. (he decides who needs the most education to be NT -which is most of the time the main character which beholds the MAIN visible/debilitating AS trait -too much observation outside reality)

javajunkie80
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2007, 4:58 am

One of my all-time favourite movies is called 'The Mighty'.
It had Macauly Culkin's younger brother in it...Kieren? And another kid...and Gillian Anderson (X-Files fame).

Absolutely brilliant movie about two boys with different abilities (and disabilities) who learn to rely on each other.
It is tragic and moving and very inspirational.
If anyone has a chance to watch it, I highly recommend it.

tkmattson

17 Mar 2007, 11:05 am

I'll be making my second feature length documentary about HFA/AS, since it has touched my life through my daughter who has been dxed, and my own recognition of Aspie traits within myself, although I'm not exactly sure I personally want to go through the diagnosis process myself. The idea is just a skelatal nugget right now that I'm trying to flesh out into a documentary treatment - plan on shooting on the Canon XHA1, 24P HD camera if budget allows.

SweXtal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2007, 12:43 pm

A beautiful mind.
A movie about Marquis de Sade I don't remember the name of. Not because of the sadistic theme but explaining being ununderstood.
Pluto Nash, a crap movie, but the person playing the bodyguard is resembling me.
Happy feet, a childrens movie about "being odd" but still "being accepted".

Can certainly if i think of it come up with more titles...

/X

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 8:53 pm

How about "I Am Sam"? Sean Penn plays a mentally-challenged father to NT seven-year-old Lucy (Dakota Fanning), whom is really beginning to see that her "daddy's not like other daddies". Sam (Penn) is also trying to keep custody of Lucy because according to the both of them, "love is all you need". It's a wonderful movie and beautifully acted. Sam doesn't have AS but they did mention he has "autistic tendacies".

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 10:47 pm

Little Man Tate

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 1:26 pm

It's kind of funny, but all of these movies that have been listed are favorite movies of mine.

Kris

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 7:44 pm

About a Boy

A movie with Hugh Grant ( all Hugh Grant movies are about his autistic traits... and how he educates via his own fualts and

tribulations.)

An intersting part of the movie is the scene in the pool hall ,=incidence equals reflection, the case for all cause and

effect for human developmanet.

Their is also an ADD kid in the movie (the other 12yr old)...connected via an Autistic mother, that is unable to see people's

true nature... therefore habouring her child's inability to comprehend what it is to allow another beings opinion.

The main characters (Hugh Grant, the Kid, and her mother) are all Autistic, within thier seperate scopes of in-abiility. The

kid himself is 'The Test Subject' ... which is what the movie is about... How to raise an Autistic Kid, and how to curb

Autistic traits, through highlighting the mistakes, and Exmplifying the solutions.

Each solution is a scene, Each trait is highlighted within each scene, but there can be multiple traits, and even some traits

follow on to the next scene.

What I love most is the mother (and the extended family, highlighted at the Xmas Party)... this Neo-Hippie (Which also

Highlights the fact that the Baby Boomers are at fault for the sudden rise in non-integral societal raising) , has no-idea

about 'real world' issues, and is more concerned about her theology (hippie-ism), which was in effect taught to her throught

the De-facto parent, TV.. of course the hippie didn't have the 'Total' intelligence to understand the 'overal picture' that

the media portrays to a single generation, and instead ended up being hippie... Hugh Grant on the other hand, is a well

adjusted Autie, that has learnt all of the necessary logic to comprehend all knowing intelligence when it comes to reality,

via the TV...only becuase he HAS the advanced AUTISTIC ability to comprehend the TV's teaching.(Which of course the Hippie

miss-comprehended)

The overall lesson in the movie, is that Mothers are the major fault for raising Autisitc children...especially the ones that

take on the 'Self Improvement' 'Book Learning' 'Unfiltered' 'Half Educated' mentality we see in most mothers if not all,

today in western society.

The most intersteing peice of information...and the ultimate hope for society, is the 'Punk Rocker Junkie' teenage girl at

school... she IS well adjsted and understands the environment more than her elder generation mothers, she is actually able to

teach the Kid better than the mother.

The Audi is the ultimate conundrum...Germans(Middle Europeans), have always been the most advanced race on the planet, yet

still retain, fundamental HUMAN laws of logic, especially so when it comes to life. (the hippie mother can't even put it in

the right gear...and usually when she is immersed in a high information society, will end up going in reverse than actually

being an advanced human being, not only her but her offspring).

THe final Performance: A tamborine in front of the world...don't push your kid, the 'enlightened' defacto father (Hugh Grant)

shows that if you do you may end up creating a kid that 'commits social SUICIDE'....the only recourse, is to provide the kid

with a ROCK, so that they can defend themselves, and no matter how much 'Talent' you percieve to be able to provide your

child, the rest of the world may not see it in your light....unless the commonality of the simple guitar is employed instead

of the mediocre Recorder... in other words, 'Meshing with Society' for an Autistic, is to 'Kill your Traits softly with the

parental tone' (ie ubconscienly) --there he was ( Hugh Grant, a petrified parent, subconsciensly kiling AS traits softly,

with his song) ---that's about it.

Mother of course may never end up learning this technique..thinking that Mac Donalds is what it's all about. (in other words

don't swamp the child with 'the commonality of society', instead you must be able to make small adjustments over time without

being noticed as doing anything at all(softly))

Killing me Softly... also has a Double Ontondra meaning, that it was the mother that was literally Killing the son softly

with her song....her song though wasn't one which nurtured a stable person for the future. (Salt Less chick peas does not

produce a strong growing boy! > it produces a sexually disoriented mal-adjusted trollodite that will probably end up killing

themselves)

Islands....Jesus as a Super Autistic, in a society of fruit cakes that listen, anyone can be Jesus, so the other piont of the

film is that you can actually create the 'Higher Entity' child, the main reason your child is Autisitc is because they are

smarter than the mother, but if the mother quickly adjusts and starts to learn from 'island concept' than they could create

the 'JESUS SUPERMAN'....but the boy himself of course , highlights the fact, that HE HIMSELF doesn't want to be Jesus, he

doesn't want to be the shephard amongst the sheep, he would rather be one of the sheep. (I wonder if they are eating Lamb)

TIP: Watch the movie with this post printed , and ready to read, straight after you have watched it...maybe some of the

information will sink in.... then watch the movie again, this time pionting out all the negative traits of Autisim,, there is

one highlighted about every 2mins, so watch carefully....Write them down if you can, then right down the solution, which will

be in the same scene as the negative trait.

-Oh one solution which wasn;t so obvious, but pretty obvious to me, the Junkie School Chick, age: approx 15, ie older than

the 12 year old, and a very attractive prospect for 'near level' education... if you have an AS kid, finding them a freind of

the opposite sex , just a tad older for them, will help them alot to become smarter and fit in.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 5:51 am

i know it's a kids movie, but...The Brave Little Toaster definitely resonated with my son when he was little....and what could be more heartwarming than watching a boy search for his beloved blankie ?
Harold and Maude ( movie from the 70's) also is a good watch~might be too gory for some, though.

tkmattson

26 Mar 2007, 1:35 pm

schleppenheimer wrote:
It's kind of funny, but all of these movies that have been listed are favorite movies of mine.

Kris

Even the one I haven't made yet? Damn I'm good. :lol: