Little known/forgotten TV shows/movies you love

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Mar 2015, 7:56 pm

Over the past century, there are many TV shows that you like that have been largely forgotten or just little known. This thread is where you can talk about them, and maybe find somebody on these forums who like the series you will mention.

For me, one series I have recently discovered (but aired when I was just a mere baby) is the 1987 syndicated animated series Beverly Hills Teens. What's it about? Per Wikipedia:

Quote:
The series' namesake teenagers reside in the exclusive enclave of Beverly Hills, California and are shown to have exaggerated wealth, exemplified by mansions, yachts, and limousines, while navigating typical teenage concerns, including schoolwork, friendships, and romantic rivalries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Teens
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/W ... HillsTeens

The above two links are about the two series. Hope you can enlighten yourself on this little-known series. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:28 pm

The Firm (2012)

Just finished this TV series not long ago. It's a sequel to the 1993 Tom Cruise movie about an attorney finding out that his law firm is involved in some seriously shady business. The movie is pretty mediocre, but the series is a huge improvement. Couldn't stop watching, always had to get in another episode before going to bed.

Unfortunately it was dismissed by critics and got low ratings, so it only got one season and sort of drifted off before anyone noticed it was there. Luckily, you can get it on DVD.

IMDb
TV Tropes

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm

My wife and I really like espionage TV thriller, Rubicon. Guess we were the only ones. I also loved the 1980's TV series, The Twilight Zone, as well as the syndicated horror anthology TV show, Monsters.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 8:19 am

TV

-- I really loved "Harry's Law" (Kathy Bates played "Harry" {Harriet}), the FIRST season; the second season they just absolutely RUINED it!!

-- "Merlin" - fantasy set during Merlin's time----I LOVED this show!! I don't know why "Once Upon a Time" made it, and "Merlin", DIDN'T!

-- "Harper's Island" - Everybody on the Island was being killed, one-by-one----I thought this show was also GREAT!

-- "Under the Dome" - it seems that it keeps TRYING to be a series----it left, came back, left, again----I don't know if it's currently on, or not.

MOVIES

-- "Lost Horizon" - the musical with Roddy McDowell. This movie was..... Oh, it was just SOOOO wonderful, but very few have ever heard of it / seen it.

-- "Dead Again" - EXCELLENT movie, with reincarnation----but, who's reincarnated, as WHOM?.

-- "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" - more people have heard of this one----excellent movie, if you love psychology (sort-of "Forrest Gump"-esque).

-- "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Sounder" - animal (dog) movies; tear-jerkers; more people, maybe, have heard of "Sounder".

I'm sure there's more.....

Oh, I thought of another one.....

-- "Living Dolls" (1989 TV show) - one of the very first appearances of Leah Remini; about teen models----sort-of "Saved by the Bell"-esque----a spin-off of "Who's the Boss" (where I first knew-of Leah Remini, though she was in one other thing), with Alyssa Milano. I liked it.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm

HBO's "Dream On" from the 1990 through 1996. TV has always been a huge part of my life. "Dream On" incorporated clips from old movies and TV shows to express the character's inner life and feelings. It was great.

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2015, 12:12 pm

I liked The Paper Chase back in the 70's.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 12:39 pm

When I was younger there was a childrens show called "The Gemini Factor" It ran in the 80's.

I loved it. I thought it was a bit spooky at the time.

They just don't make shows like that any more.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

My sister and I are big fans of the original Addams Family show and the 1960s Batman show. We also like the original Odd Couple and the original version of The Twilight Zone.

As for movies, we both like:
Bubba Ho-Tep
Big Fish
Collateral
Dark City
Mama
Minority Report
Munich
One Hour Photo
The Others
Tron

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 3:03 pm

Does anyone remember Pelswick?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
My sister and I are big fans of the original Addams Family show and the 1960s Batman show. We also like the original Odd Couple and the original version of The Twilight Zone.

Bubba Ho-Tep
Big Fish
Collateral
Dark City
Mama
Minority Report
Munich
One Hour Photo
The Others
Tron

When my wife and I watched Bubba Ho Tep for the first time, we were laughing so hard that I thought my better half was going to pee her panties! Unfortunately, I had lent our DVD of the movie to our previous apartment manager, who after losing her job, left without returning it to us. :(

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

once upon a time a couple of years ago (i think) i tried to look for the source of this cute gif on 4chan.

it's from an indie movie, The Goodtimeskid shot in LA. it's shot on film apparently stolen from a larger production, and it ends in pretty much the same place it starts, but i dunno, i just found it cozy.

and i still love that gif. wanna make it my avatar.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

Does anyone remember the cartoon "Megas XLR"? I loved that show when I was a kid. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Bubba Ho-Tep
Big Fish
Collateral
Dark City
Mama
Minority Report
Munich
One Hour Photo
The Others
Tron

When my wife and I watched Bubba Ho Tep for the first time, we were laughing so hard that I thought my better half was going to pee her panties! Unfortunately, I had lent our DVD of the movie to our previous apartment manager, who after losing her job, left without returning it to us. :(

That sucks, but do you think the sequel to Bubba Ho-Tep will eventually get made, even without Bruce Campbell as Elvis?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 8:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Bubba Ho-Tep
Big Fish
Collateral
Dark City
Mama
Minority Report
Munich
One Hour Photo
The Others
Tron

That sucks, but do you think the sequel to Bubba Ho-Tep will eventually get made, even without Bruce Campbell as Elvis?

As the three lead characters are all dead - Elvis, JFK, and the Mummy - I can't see how they could pull a sequel off.

LittlePenguin22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2015, 12:39 am

I miss the old Nick at Nite lineup, like Are You Afraid of the Dark. Also, Disney had this show for a while that I was totally obsessed with when I was 7 or so--Ocean Girl. I would love to rewatch it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 2:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Bubba Ho-Tep
Big Fish
Collateral
Dark City
Mama
Minority Report
Munich
One Hour Photo
The Others
Tron

As the three lead characters are all dead - Elvis, JFK, and the Mummy - I can't see how they could pull a sequel off.

How about the rumored prequel Bubba Nosferatu with Ron Perlman as Elvis?