Ever get sick of your own body?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm

Life is so stressful and overwhelming, it gets to the point where I get sick of the regular maintenance of my own body and functions. I....

Get tired of sh*tting (taking a dump, using an insane amount of TP to stay clean, having to interrupt whatever I'm doing)
Tired of always needing to eat - My body is a BOTTOMLESS PIT. Always hungry and/or thirsty. I am overwhelmed by the cost of food and energy required for food preparation. Sometimes it all just doesn't seem worth it. :( (I only speak for myself here)....

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm

Yes, bodies are annoying, disgusting, injury prone, tiring, etc. Until we evolve into corporeal beings, you're just gonna have to learn to deal like the rest of us.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm

Yes, I hate 'needs'. I hate ailments too. And I especially hate allergies. I hate those 'necessities' that will keep me worrying for the future and what it might be if I become incapable.

It's keeping me from doing certain things. Especially if it needs a lot of time doing something non-stop. And more so when it's productive. And if I stop, I might forget what I'm supposed to do or not able to do it again.

Unfortunately, we're evolved/created/born like this and it cannot be reversed.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Somethingsomething
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

Same. In fact, it's one of the things I hate about being around other people. I have a low tolerance for "neediness" and it seems like everything people do in life is based on this kind of insatiability. The need to eat, sleep, toilet, move, talk, reproduce, etc. On and on. To the point where I actually neglect people/things intentionally because I want them to "die" (go away).

I am constantly screaming internally STOP IT/SHUT UP/GO AWAY EVERYONE EVERYTHING/LEAVE ME ALONE plus profanities, insults and hatred of life in general. Everyday. Even when I'm home alone in a silent house. The ambient noises from traffic, construction workers, neighbors/windchimes, THE WIND OUTSIDE MY WINDOW etc drive me up the wall. Maybe I should invest in some noise-proofing gear, or go be a hermit.

Yeah I sound loony but swear I appear quite normal IRL

EDIT: of course, the real kicker is me irritating myself. But don't get me started on all that...

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2015, 2:17 pm

Somethingsomething wrote:
Same. In fact, it's one of the things I hate about being around other people. I have a low tolerance for "neediness" and it seems like everything people do in life is based on this kind of insatiability. The need to eat, sleep, toilet, move, talk, reproduce, etc. On and on. To the point where I actually neglect people/things intentionally because I want them to "die" (go away).

I am constantly screaming internally STOP IT/SHUT UP/GO AWAY EVERYONE EVERYTHING/LEAVE ME ALONE plus profanities, insults and hatred of life in general. Everyday. Even when I'm home alone in a silent house. The ambient noises from traffic, construction workers, neighbors/windchimes, THE WIND OUTSIDE MY WINDOW etc drive me up the wall. Maybe I should invest in some noise-proofing gear, or go be a hermit.

Yeah I sound loony but swear I appear quite normal IRL

EDIT: of course, the real kicker is me irritating myself. But don't get me started on all that...

Can completely relate.... I too have noise issues, and am aggravated by the slightest sound, particularly if it interferes with sleep, which I see as yet another 'need'. I scream internally as well, by the maddening inefficiency of the whole process.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm

OMG nobody has ever brought this up but I hate to poo too! I don't take a lot of time though, I go once in the morning and it takes less than two minutes, but I always worry that I don't get clean enough back there after even though it's not usually messy. I end up looking at my rear end in the mirror in the bathroom so I know it's clean.

I don't like to eat when I'm not hungry, so I don't. I've always been like that. But I've never had an eating disorder or had a weight problem, so I'm happy with eating when I'm hungry and what I want and skipping it when I'm not.

I can't believe I talked about how I don't like to poo lol.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Somethingsomething
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 12:30 am

Yeah, I have problems with weeing, as in- I don't realise how long I hold on until I'm busting, or I feel like I need to go all the time, which I then do- but nothing comes out. Depends on the situation and what type of anxiety I am feeling on that particular day. Then I get more anxiety about just the fact I have to go to the toilet and it's all such an effort. Actually sitting on the toilet sometimes I feel claustrophobic and dizzy, it's like I have to concentrate to wee, then readjusting clothes to sit right again, being properly clean etc

I have actually become quite dehydrated from not wanting to drink in order to not wee. Same kind of thing with eating...

I hate it. So much.

Somethingsomething
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 12:41 am

And, the way things interfere with things and "what's the point?" For example:

I enjoy painting my nails as I'm into beauty products. But, i haven't been able to do so for weeks while in this mindset/phase because I don't know when I will need to use my hands and I don't want to smudge the paint job. Stuff like going to the toilet, eating, getting dressed, washing hands, touching my hair, opening doors, light switches, driving, etc. Everything gets in the way of everything and in the end, my nail polish will only last a while then it will start to chip off and i'll eventually remove it- which means more effort. And what for? Nothing.

The saga of nail polish pretty much sums up my life frustration.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 12:49 am

Somethingsomething wrote:
And, the way things interfere with things and "what's the point?" For example:

I enjoy painting my nails as I'm into beauty products. But, i haven't been able to do so for weeks while in this mindset/phase because I don't know when I will need to use my hands and I don't want to smudge the paint job. Stuff like going to the toilet, eating, getting dressed, washing hands, touching my hair, opening doors, light switches, driving, etc. Everything gets in the way of everything and in the end, my nail polish will only last a while then it will start to chip off and i'll eventually remove it- which means more effort. And what for? Nothing.

The saga of nail polish pretty much sums up my life frustration.

Get some of the glue on nails and put them on and paint them. You can paint them first and let them dry, or you can buy french tips or decorated ones as well. It takes about 5 minutes tops to glue both hands on and you're ready to go. Keep the glue with you and glue it back on when one pops off, but mine stay on about a week. I take them off after two and replace them. You can get short ones or medium ones, or even the long ones but the short ones don't really interfere with things.

That's what I do, and it's great. Anytime I paint my nails after I let them grow and shape them, as soon as I finish I start itching because I can't scratch. I never have a perfect manicure.

Have you seen those gel nail polish things? I want to try that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 1:21 am

no.

i drink lots of water, and i have to go a lot. i don't care at all, make the bathroom the coziest place. there is a worry about that might happen if i become 'incapable', like edna said, but i'm not incapable right now so it does not bug me. to me, that is a bridge that will be crossed once i come to it, and i have quite some time.

everyone from the lowliest cambodian laborer to the british royalty, has to drop a deuce, wash themselves, etc every once in a while. if nothing else unites us....

i also try to not eat when i'm not hungry.

is there a particular food you do enjoy, a lot?

Quote:
And what for? Nothing.

for the moment that you do have your nails painted. i assume it's longer than the time it takes to pain them, so there is indeed worth IMO.

yep, human beings are creatures and they have to this disguuuuusting fuel-intake-followed-by-waste-removal thing every once in a while, so unless we ever find a way to have an everlasting, all purpose, no maintenance required battery plugged into us at birth, it's just something that you will have to work around. i don't know what else to say. surely having to get yourself a bite every now and then, is preferable to the effects of malnutrition.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Somethingsomething
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 2:45 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

is there a particular food you do enjoy, a lot?

Quote:
And what for? Nothing.

for the moment that you do have your nails painted. i assume it's longer than the time it takes to pain them, so there is indeed worth IMO.

yep, human beings are creatures and they have to this disguuuuusting fuel-intake-followed-by-waste-removal thing every once in a while, so unless we ever find a way to have an everlasting, all purpose, no maintenance required battery plugged into us at birth, it's just something that you will have to work around. i don't know what else to say. surely having to get yourself a bite every now and then, is preferable to the effects of malnutrition.

I have a lot of dietary issues, allergies and intolerances, so it's a virtual minefield trying to find something nutritious, tasty and satisfying. I don't have any appetite and have strong aversions to certain textures, temperatures, flavours, which rules out even more of the "acceptable" foods. Plain rice cereal is okay and that's all I would eat if I was allowed.

Hence I don't enjoy planning, preparing, eating food... It's quite a miserable cycle. Plus a history of disordered eating conditions... And, I wear invisalign braces which can be removed for eating but then I have to constantly brush my teeth and braces, plus there are little bump attachments stuck to my teeth for the braces which irritate the inside of my mouth, which is further irritated by certain foods and all the toothpaste/brushing. I have tried all sorts of brands, natural, everything causes some averse reaction.

I have a really strong gag reflex which makes it difficult to have anything in my mouth even eating some foods (texture, shape, chewing action) and brushing my teeth. When I do eat I get full very quickly and that usually makes me feel nauseous with heart palpitations. After cleaning my teeth I feel nauseous when there is an aftertaste of the food I ate mixed with the toothpaste flavor...

I won't go on. Guess I'm pretty exhausted by it all and basically don't care if I am malnourished.

Good ideas for the nails Olive Oil Mum, thanks :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 3:01 am

thanks for explaining. :)

i sometimes have to clean my lower retainer (built like invisalign) with toothpaste and a toothbrush but there's other ways to go about that...i'm sure invisalign can be cleaned with something like retainer brite, you take it off and put it into a cup of warm water, add a tablet and it effervesces. or other retainer cleaners can work as well. do you have invisalign on both lower and upper teeth? (probably not?)

i get that irritation, i had that too when i had braces. they delayed mine cos they wanted me to develop proper brushing habits first.

in my early days of braces, i had a "ridge" on the back of one of my bottom incisors that collided with my top teeth whenever i tried to close my mouth...hard to explain, but i couldn't chew, at ALL, then! i got it removed soon after, fortunately but i lost around 20 lbs in some short time without even realizing it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

UNWORTHY
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2015, 3:06 am

Yes! I have been sick of it ever since my miserable excuse for a life started, but I won't have to worry about that, when I find a loaded shotgun.

Somethingsomething
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2015, 5:13 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
thanks for explaining. :)

i sometimes have to clean my lower retainer (built like invisalign) with toothpaste and a toothbrush but there's other ways to go about that...i'm sure invisalign can be cleaned with something like retainer brite, you take it off and put it into a cup of warm water, add a tablet and it effervesces. or other retainer cleaners can work as well. do you have invisalign on both lower and upper teeth? (probably not?)

i get that irritation, i had that too when i had braces. they delayed mine cos they wanted me to develop proper brushing habits first.

in my early days of braces, i had a "ridge" on the back of one of my bottom incisors that collided with my top teeth whenever i tried to close my mouth...hard to explain, but i couldn't chew, at ALL, then! i got it removed soon after, fortunately but i lost around 20 lbs in some short time without even realizing it.

Hmm I might get some of those cleaning tablets, sounds like a great idea! I have the trays on both top and bottom teeth... And yeah I get the struggle with chewing as my bite is off too, until the set is completed when they will be lined up to fit properly (i hope)... In about a year :( but hopefully it's all worth it in the end

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm

Well, I am thin and people talk about me having a "high metabolism" which is annoying. I am not very attractive and being skinny is not a factor women love. I never put on any weight, so I assume I would have to work my ass off to build up muscles.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

I'll give you about 30 pounds of my weight, then!