Escape From LA
Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
Felidae
The Egyptian

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 7:38 pm

Just a few years ago, maybe 5?, I was at work here in England when I heard a voice behind me that I distinctly recognised from my childhood in the sixties. I turned around, and sure enough there he was, right behind me, the Man from UNCLE. (Robert Vaughn)

SageGrouse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

Ohhhhh I would have TOTALLY fainted! Of course I'm a David McCallum fan ALL the way, but hey!

I had the GREAT good fortune of meeting David back when the show was still on! Ohhhh heart-throb! He was (and still is) a VERY sweet considerate person. I was going to take his picture, up at camp Bloomfield (Foundation for the Junior Blind) and as I held up my camera, he said "Wait a moment..." He turned me around, and re-positioned himself so the sun was in his face, but the photo would come out better! He gave me an autograph "Wishing you all the best, (my name), David McCallum" I still have that autograph AND the photo! SO generous with his time and so considerate!
I love him still!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

Ive never met David McCallum, but I can generally tell what a person is like just by seeing their face and they way they talk, and I knew he was a nice person.