Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Erilyn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2007, 1:41 pm

When we were kids, my sister and I could watch the same movie a hundred times and not get tired of it. We’d watch a video, rewind it, watch it again, rewind it, watch it again, over and over and over. I remember a couple of instances where we still did this in our early teens. We couldn’t understand how our mother wouldn’t bother watching a movie if she’d already seen it. It wasn’t until much later that I learned that my mother was the “normal” one.

I’m not this extreme with movies anymore, but I still find myself occasionally repeating a song I really like when I’m alone in the car. When I get like this, even if I’m driving for 30 minutes I’ll still keep hitting the repeat button on one song (but if a song ever gets stuck in my head, then I don’t ever want to hear it again!)

Anyone relate?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 2:03 pm

I still do this. I play the same songs over and over each day...or the same album. The same with films sometimes... I have a select few that I know by heart almost because I watched them so often...every night. They were my escape and my comfort. I watched the Tom Baker Dr Who stories so often, I cannot bear to watch his anymore lol.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 2:11 pm

I do that, particularly with movies. It makes my place seem more familiar and inviting somehow, I guess. I rarely do it with albums anymore. However there are certain albums that wouldn't leave my CD player for weeks when I was a kid. One I can remember listening to over and over again and never getting sick of was Joy Division's Closer.

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2007, 3:36 pm

Hello,

Same here. Get a song stuck in head all of the time, I am whistling one right now: I'm BAAAD, I'm NATIONWIIIDEEEE by ZZ TOP.

Been in my head for hours and I do not know why, but it just STAYS THERE.s

I watched Flash Gorden (the one with the soundtrack by Queen) 50 times, and I also went to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" a couple of hundred times.

Damn there goes "Let's Do the TIME WARP AGAAAAIIIN! It's just ajump to the left,dahdodododododod and a step to the riiiight, put your hands on your hip, and bring your kneee's in tiiiight, and its a pelvic thrust that really drives you insaaaaane, LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAAAIN!! LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAAAAAAIN!"

Damn this song is now in there with ZZ.

crazedchef

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 3:56 pm

Oh, yes. I love repeating my favorite songs and movies over and over and over. I ruined my VHS copies of my favorite movies because I watched them so many times. (I love DVDs!) And I love having a digital copy of my music so I can just hit repeat and not worry about a disk skipping or whatever. iTunes has tracked my all-time favorite song as being listened to over 6500 times now, so yeah---I love repetition!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 4:01 pm

i do this a lot with music...

and since all my CDs got stolen a while back... i am olny left with the small shuffle that's on my old-out-dated MP3 player.

good thing i do this naturally cause i have no choice a bout it anymore :(

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Mar 2007, 4:29 pm

I play the movie "Bladerunner" at least twice a month.

"Live Long And Perseverate!" \\//,

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2007, 4:37 pm

Sedaka wrote:
i do this a lot with music...

and since all my CDs got stolen a while back... i am olny left with the small shuffle that's on my old-out-dated MP3 player.

good thing i do this naturally cause i have no choice a bout it anymore :(

Hello,

Sorry about losing your music.

I have been gone a while, can you still use Kazaa. I used Kazaa lite (no spyware) and had several thousand songs saved before I came over here. i love looking for a song that have not heard in awhile on there.

Anyway, is it stealing if you bought the song first on Album, then cassete, them CD only to have your copy stolen (I did not mention 8-track, I am not THAT old :lol: )

Check them out and get some new music, there has to be some filesharing sites still in operation

crazedchef

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2007, 4:40 pm

I definitely do that. There are movies and songs and TV show episodes I have watched more than I could count.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:21 pm

I have done that numerous times.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:27 pm

i definitely do this with songs.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:37 pm

...this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forevor just because...

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:43 pm

My sister recently told me how much I annoy her with saying the same thing over and over again. I was just playing my dad's guitar, and I started singing the Vines' 'Spaceship'. She yelled at me and told me I always do that, and she lists all the things I repeat.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:47 pm

Starbuline wrote:
My sister recently told me how much I annoy her with saying the same thing over and over again. I was just playing my dad's guitar, and I started singing the Vines' 'Spaceship'. She yelled at me and told me I always do that, and she lists all the things I repeat.

If she does it you should just sing the above song until she starts screaming, or perhaps holding her ears rolling on the floor in pain... depending on how evil you feel. :twisted:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:54 pm

I can easily listen to the same song or album over and over again!..one of my favorite songs to put on repeat is the ballad of bonnie and clyde..the hidden last song on Luna's Penthouse(the chick from Stereolab sings on it)...I lately have been listening to this one particular Daniel Johnston album over and over again...and get really annoyed when someone wants to change it....ummmm.....When i lived alone in my tiny hovel I had a small number of movies that I would watch over and over again...including but not completely limited to Shrek..(finally had to give it away so I would stop watching it)..Nightmare Before Christmas, and this silly obscure 50's movie about a silent film star called the Perils of Pauline...I really liked the songs in it and would sing them constantly...I am a constant singer..and when I have a mind to it I will sing the same songs over and over again for days......or just part of the song that I know...I am sure glad that noone around me is outwardly annoyed by my singing..

Sakhmet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2007, 6:45 pm

I do this all the time with movies and songs... I sometimes have the same song repeating for hours at a time - sometimes for an entire day - especially when I'm working on writing or on a painting; it is very soothing and helps me focus more deeply...