Autism on CNN's Larry King 9-10 p.m. ET Wednesday 21th March

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 2:08 pm

Larry King of CNN will be talking about on Autism tonight Wednesday 21st March - his guests include comedian Bill Cosby and singer Toni Braxton, who has an autistic son.

AIRS: 9-10 p.m. ET Wednesday (12 midnight to 1 am GMT).

Larry King live and Send your questions and comments to Larry King here

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 2:12 pm

What does Bill Cosby have to do with autism or the autistic community? Is there as a rep for educators? No, I don't have cable-can't watch it until it's online.

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 2:26 pm

Quote:
Bill Cosby and Toni Braxton speak out on the epidemic affecting 1 in 150 children. As autism cases soar, what's behind the rise?

So there you are, two experts on autism, a old comedian and a singer. I do not expect much from tonight’s Larry King.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 2:33 pm

I'd laugh but I just did a search and found out that The Cos has been doing fundraisers for Autism Speaks. :x :x :x :evil:

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 2:43 pm

KimJ wrote:
I'd laugh but I just did a search and found out that The Cos has been doing fundraisers for Autism Speaks. :x :x :x :evil:

I have a very bad feeling about this,but i might still watch...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 5:28 pm

I'll be out, with my friends.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 5:47 pm

Every time they do a program about autism,I am more and more dissappointed.I dont expect much more from this,as Larry King is often superficial in questioning.Maybe we need to ask some more thoughtful questions(worded diplomatically)for the link given?Like......"So,once we have a good genetic marker....will we be able to get rid of these defective fetuses?"or "Do you think the women who thought about drowning her daughter is a good spokes person for Autisum Speaks?"

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 6:05 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'll be out, with my friends.

I thought you didn't have friends???

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:55 pm

MAN, Bill cosby on this show looks like an IDIOT!! !! ! He looks like a BUM, is talking SLOW and SPORADIC, over emphasized the eye avoidance to the point of LUNACY! He made it sound like the child will not simply try to look away, but to look EVERYWHERE but where the person looking at him is. He OBVIOUSLY never bothered to find out why, or even saw such a kid! THEN, as he was talking as HIMSELF, his eyes went ALL OVER! Does he have alzheimers, and had to read cue cards, or what? Talk about shifty eyes!

SURPRISINGLY, Ed Asner, who I generally have NO respect for, speaks highly of his son who he emphasizes has HFA, NOT AS(LARRY KING INSISTS he has AS, and the psychiatrist seemed to agree by misdefining AS with a definition that is IDENTICAL to HFA). It sounds like his son has EVERYTHING going for him! The "problem"? "Lack of empathy". Ed Asner, however, said that he has gone through therapy so he now appears to have empathy.

Still, this is HEAVILY one sided, and is an advertisement for the celebrities(especially bill cosby), and autism speaks. Ed Asner is getting no press and yet is the only voice of reason here. GRANTED, the BAD autism is a problem, and therapy should be available. Frankly, I would NOT be surprised if they find out it is due to associated complications and/or allergies and deficiencies. The search for a CURE and attacking autism as a whole and making it sound like it is just BAD is STUPID!

1 in 94 boys get it. APPARENTLY, that includes HFA and AS! The REAL question is how many of those 1/94 are REAL LFA! From what I have heard, it is less than HALF!

And larry king said 3 kids in the same family with autism is not as unusual as you may think. <sarc>WHAT???????? GEE, and I thought a mother and father with green eyes could NEVER have a kid with green eyes</sarc>(BTW My mother, father, and I all have green eyes, go figure) Gee, the doctors said NO problem when a woman asked if her future kids would have autism, after her first did!

BTW the autism speaks person claimed that people told her it was NORMAL for boys to regress(When talking about the experience with her kid, and saying it was nothing to worry about)! I have *****NEVER***** heard that! I didn't regress. Nobody I ever knew regressed! So I am insulted TWICE!

Steve

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:59 pm

I'm not surprised. Cosby was a terrible father, so why should he be any different about these kids?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:03 pm

I havrnt watched it yet,plan on watching the rerun later tonight,but.....I love Ed Asner!! !

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:10 pm

The whole damn thing stank, but what's new, they never focus on any of the positives. They insist to the rest of the world that we're all just "pitiful rainman children".
Their quest isn't too help integrate autistics, it's to spread gossip and lies under the umbrella of "compassion". Their not motivated to help us, theyr motivated to get rid of us.

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:25 pm

On a more positive note, and at this point we need cheering up.

I’m planning to make an "Aspie Calendar". Just pictures of people with Asperger's and autism having a good time enjoying their hobbies. It is aimed at promoting the positive side of autism, challenging peoples narrow and negative stereotype of autism.

Here is my Friend Karl - who loves The Beatles, he is a busker and can be seen singing on Grafton Street in Dublin every now and then. He knows more about the Beatles then another living human, he knows all their grandparents and even what food they like to eat.

So here is mister January.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:27 pm

Forgot to watch it :P

krex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2007, 3:07 am

The women from Autism Speaks reminds me of what I wouldnt want my kids to grow up to be.I wish some AS group could get as much airtime as the Autism Speaks.Until the main stream media allows another opinion to be viewed,we can hardly blame the general public for their ignorance.I wish I had better organizational skills(and didnt hate being around people most days.)I wish someone who wasnt so shy would get on Larry King and show another side of the issue.

Did you hear how much money Hilary Clinton is going to pour into this group...something like a a billion...they could start demanding genetic tests for AS(as soon as the research finds the marker)and then we really will be a Brave New World...anyone care for a little extra alcohol in their kids fetal bath to help dumb them down so they will be more sheep like,good consumers,enjoy boring work,not question authority and spend their evenings having orgies(after the latest episode of American Idol)....Some of this money should be taken for Autism Speaks and used to allow these Spectrum kids reach their full potentials...dang,makes me mad.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Mar 2007, 3:43 am

Couldn't watch the show, and frankly couldn't be bothered watching it either.

Autism Speaks. Free propaganda for Aspies.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there