Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm

As an adult, I have hardly ever cried. In fact, I think it was years ago the last time I cried. Are autistic people just less likely to cry?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:52 pm

Nope. I have always been a cryer. I wish I could be permanently cool and collected, but I can lose it pretty easily.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:18 pm

Nope. I can cry over the littlest things, sometimes----usually, if someone else gets hurt, physically or mentally, or something like that. I was choking-back tears, just watching a TV show, the other day.....

fragmentaerie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2015, 8:22 pm

Before this year I could think of about a dozen times I'd actually cried. Now that my boyfriend is 2000 miles away, I cry all the fricking time. I think everyone has their own tear triggers, and Aspies may have different or fewer (or more) triggers than NTs.

ipoxitye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

I cry on average twice a day (sometimes more), but I'm a teenager with crazy hormones so i don't know if i count.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm

Only when I'm being an emo fag. Which is thankfully rare.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

Whenever I lose enough at a game to get a meltdown I start shouting and crying

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm

nah, haven't cried out of emotion in years. though there's no helping tearing up due to eye irritations.

though maybe i did shed a tear when i saw a picture of my grandpa hugging his poodle puppy. ever since he was a kid he wanted a poodle but he never had one. he had one then, but he (the doggy) died soon afterwards, i saw. :( we all saw.

other then that i can't really remember...2013 january? february?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:21 pm

Yep, every once in a while when something really gets to me. Could be something sad, or depressing, or even happy ie tears of joy. But I don't cry very often.

I used to be a fair bit more emotional and would cry more often, but it's been pretty seldom the last couple years.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 2:27 am

Seldom. But I just became a bit teary reading a WP thread by a member who's recently been diagnosed with cancer. I couldn't even respond to it as I didn't know what to say.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 5:37 am

jk1 wrote:
Seldom. But I just became a bit teary reading a WP thread by a member who's recently been diagnosed with cancer. I couldn't even respond to it as I didn't know what to say.

I understand how you're feeling, jk1----but, really, all it takes is, something like: "I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Just know someone is thinking of you." People know that you can't "fix" it, take it away, or whatever----they just want to feel like someone cares about them, and that someone is listening.

My sister was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, and alot of her friends stopped talking to her----I think it's HORRIBLE, but I DO understand it, as I struggle to think of things to say (especially since we don't even like each other); but, I think the thing that's important, is to say something.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 2:09 pm

^ Thanks, Campin_Cat. I responded to it. It's horrible that people became distant to your sister because of her cancer, although I believe they actually do want to say something to her. My father is doing his best to be in contact with his close friend who has cancer but it's been very stressful.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:14 pm

jk1 wrote:
^ Thanks, Campin_Cat. I responded to it.

You're quite welcome!! I saw what you wrote----you done GOOD!! (wink)

It's horrible that people became distant to your sister because of her cancer, although I believe they actually do want to say something to her.

Yeah, I believe they do, as well----but, don't know what to say.....

My father is doing his best to be in contact with his close friend who has cancer but it's been very stressful.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. I'm thinking, maybe, it has something to do with our not wanting to face our OWN immortality.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

Me, too, OP.....

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm

Very rarely

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2015, 3:35 pm

I cry if I'm sad or happy. And I don't really get angry. I just go straight to hurt then confused then sad.

I've always pretty much been this way though I used to have some bouts with anger--usually over some failed social engagement, sometimes a failed thing like a machine or a computer.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 2:39 am

Quite a bit, but hell I don't want anyone else to see. I like being alone when crying as it's usually something being too much for me. Need time to recover. I cried like hell when I thought they weren't going to let me home from hospital. :cry: