VERY upset when you can't find something

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:40 pm

Do you get upset when you loose something, have to search for it, and can't find it? It get in so much rage when this happens! In fact I probably get more mad when this happens then most other situations the the emotion is intense and feels sll over the place. It's almost like the missing object is a living thing and puposely trying to pissed me off. Other contributing factors which makes this sort of situation livid experience , is the unexplainable mystery of it suddenly being gone and not turning up, and also the need to search for something takes a lot of work and effort because you have crouch and look around/under things, behind things, move other stuff around ect.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

alex
Developer
Developer

11 May 2015, 4:42 pm

I can't stand losing things. I always put my wallet and keys in the same place. Otherwise I'd lose them and spend 30 minutes looking for them every time I have to leave the house

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2015, 4:44 pm

I relate to this. I get extremely upset when I can't find something to the point where I might hit the wall with my fist or throw something. If someone tries to talk to me when I'm looking for something, I may yell at that person. And I can't just let it go...my mind obsesses over it until I find it.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:45 pm

Me in a real emergency: cold as ice, calmly figuring out what needs to be done and doing it.

Me when I lose a pen: HOLY f**k THE WORLD IS ENDING WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME GOD

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:46 pm

Yes, I almost had a meltdown in the grocery store looking for something because they had rearranged.
I hate when they do that.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:49 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Me in a real emergency: cold as ice, calmly figuring out what needs to be done and doing it.

Me when I lose a pen: HOLY f**k THE WORLD IS ENDING WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME GOD

+1 me too.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 7:15 pm

Lost my good leather bag containing my cell phone last week down at the local shopping mall. Went crazy trying to figure out where I left it going back to my car twice before I realized I must have left it in a changing room when I was trying on a pair of jeans. Rushed back to the clothing shop and back to the change room and there it was over a stool.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 7:26 pm

Yes, especially when I'm trying to accomplish something and can't find a needed thing. Fortunately, if it is something minor and I can either ignore it or workaround I can take it in stride and avoid getting too bent about it. Like Alex, to help I try to keep things I know I will often use in the same location.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 7:31 pm

Someday when I lose something, I'm going to look one more place after I find it just so I can say, "It was in the next to last place I looked."

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 7:33 pm

Marky9 wrote:
Yes, especially when I'm trying to accomplish something and can't find a needed thing.

Of course after said task is done with replacement item original turns up right in front of my eyes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2015, 8:01 pm

olympiadis wrote:
Yes, I almost had a meltdown in the grocery store looking for something because they had rearranged.
I hate when they do that.

Yeaa I find that really frustrating. You go in knowing exactly what you want and where to find it but everythings wrong.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 6:58 pm

I really enjoyed reading these responces. I totally relate to pretty much everything that everyone said.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 7:29 pm

I can relate to this I hate it when you have a favourite drink (Like Ginger beer) and all of a sudden they don't have any. :evil: except the horrible Kirks Ginger beer :evil:
Also when they change things around in the supermarket and you can't find things. :evil: :evil:
Another one is when your looking for something in a shop and they have everything else but the one YOU want. :twisted: :twisted:

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 9:01 pm

infilove wrote:
Do you get upset when you loose something, have to search for it, and can't find it? It get in so much rage when this happens! In fact I probably get more mad when this happens then most other situations the the emotion is intense and feels sll over the place. It's almost like the missing object is a living thing and puposely trying to pissed me off. Other contributing factors which makes this sort of situation livid experience , is the unexplainable mystery of it suddenly being gone and not turning up, and also the need to search for something takes a lot of work and effort because you have crouch and look around/under things, behind things, move other stuff around ect.
This Happens to me a lot in fact I just lost my glasses somewhere in my house and I can't find them anywhere.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 9:09 pm

I panic when I can't find something I need. I get very agitated and may yell at other people. I start throwing things around, looking for the item.

For me, it is a combination of the urgency of needing the thing, the anxiety of *knowing* I saw it somewhere, the fear that I won't find it in time, and undergirding all that, the negative thoughts about what a failure I am because I *yet again* screwed up and lost something important because I just can't keep it together to stay organized.

alex
Developer
Developer

13 May 2015, 9:46 pm

"find my iPhone" has saved my life multiple times.