Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Happycampus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2015, 2:32 am

I always hear people talking about meeting new people online and I have literally no idea how they do it. The only advice I've ever been given is to join a forum relevant to my interests and hobbies. Okay, so what do I do from there?

Densaugeo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 May 2015, 3:35 am

Really? I've never made a friend through a forum.

MMOs, on the other hand...

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2015, 8:53 am

i made the only friend ive really had consistently in the past 7+ years and another one that lasted awhile on runescape.

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2015, 7:59 pm

Reply to other members on topics you both like or talk through PMs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

30 May 2015, 3:53 pm

I used to have alot of online friends(but don't have any nowadays) & even got two girlfriends from this forum. I posted aLOT about things & invited others to PM me. It's really hit & miss thou. Others here are Welcome to PM me cuz I could use some people to chat with. BTW your avatar makes me want to open a can of BBQ Pringles I have :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 9:10 pm

Look for people who share your interests in threads, then PM them, I guess. I like your icon. Now I'm hungry for chips.

scyphozoa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2015, 4:41 am

I would love more tips for making friendships online as well. I've seen a lot of people make friends and become very close all around me online and feel left out. One of these people mentioned they had messaged another everyday for years now which surprised me. I guess I don't message unless I have a question to ask. What in the world do people even talk about??

Last year I set up a reminder so my computer reminds me every week at a particular time to message someone I want to become friends with. I kept it up for a few months but kind of ran out of things to say or excuses for messaging and now we don't really talk anymore. It's confusing and frustrating that it seems so easy for other people but I can't connect properly at all. :(

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2015, 1:30 pm

Try making friends who you have in common with. But be careful. Don't try to make friends with people you don't know.