Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 6:03 pm

I would like to know if Coca Cola is bad for people in the spectrum? I feel I have problems when I drink it. Is this true or am I imagining this?

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Aug 2015, 7:15 pm

I wouldn't think Coca Cola would be any worse for an average ASD human being than an average non-ASD person. Either you're imagining things or there is something that is completely different that causes Coca-Cola to affect you.

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 8:36 pm

Factory Ten wrote:
I wouldn't think Coca Cola would be any worse for an average ASD human being than an average non-ASD person. Either you're imagining things or there is something that is completely different that causes Coca-Cola to affect you.

Any experience Factory? Do you have ASD? If so are you also sensitive to mediactions etc?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 8:40 pm

coke is bad for everyone, as is all soda.

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 9:07 pm

cathylynn wrote:

I'm more concerned with the caffeine effect, I assume thats the only thing that makes Coke and cola drinks unique. I know there is a crap load of sugar and acid in all sodas that can affect digestion and blood sugar.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm

Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

I'm more concerned with the caffeine effect, I assume thats the only thing that makes Coke and cola drinks unique. I know there is a crap load of sugar and acid in all sodas that can affect digestion and blood sugar.

i have no problem with caffeine. i drink a couple of cups of coffee every day. no noticeable effect.

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 9:24 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

i have no problem with caffeine. i drink a couple of cups of coffee every day. no noticeable effect.

Ok thanks so no dehydration or need less caffeine than other people or stay up all night or come down from the caffeine? Are you sensitive to drugs in general?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 9:33 pm

Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Ok thanks so no dehydration or need less caffeine than other people or stay up all night or come down from the caffeine? Are you sensitive to drugs in general?

no dehydration. can sleep even if i have caffeine late. no unusual drug sensitivity.

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Sean8573 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

no dehydration. can sleep even if i have caffeine late. no unusual drug sensitivity.

Thank you

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm

So you are also talking about coffee and tea as well then?

Coca Cola, coffee and tea have no effect on me. It's exactly the same as drinking water. I can have a few cups of coffee in the evening and still fall asleep too early.

I seem to be insensitive to drugs in general.

But I don't think drug sensitivity/insensitivity has much to do with autism. I have seen many posts here saying varying things on that. Just my opinion.

Sean8573
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 11:03 pm

jk1 wrote:
So you are also talking about coffee and tea as well then?

Coca Cola, coffee and tea have no effect on me. It's exactly the same as drinking water. I can have a few cups of coffee in the evening and still fall asleep too early.

I seem to be insensitive to drugs in general.

But I don't think drug sensitivity/insensitivity has much to do with autism. I have seen many posts here saying varying things on that. Just my opinion.

Yes although I usually steer clear of coffee because it is way too much stimulation for me. I wonder if your drug insensitivity is part of the same thing like hypo or hyper. You haven't heard of autism being linked with things like seratonin syndrome?

AppleChips
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2015, 4:34 am

Its bad for everyone because its unhealthy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:55 am

It's not good for anybody.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:46 am

Anyone can be oversensitive to caffeine and huge amounts of sugar is no good for health either. Not to mention CO2.

However while it's unrelated to ASD itself caffeine and sugar can alter mental state(whatever it happens depends on the individual sensitivity to those substances) so people with various mental problems feel the effects stronger if it happens.

Personally I can't drink coffee at all because even a small sip causes me anxiety attack(fast heart rate, respiratory problems, sweating) due to coffeine.
And about coca cola, I can drink up to half of a glass. Anything more makes me slightly anxious and causes stomach ache.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Aug 2015, 8:01 am

I don't drink any soda and try to avoid caffeine

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 2:52 pm

I can drink caffeinated beverages until noon, but if I drink them afterwards, I can't sleep. I don't sleep well anyways ( I sleep a few hours, wake up, go back to sleep, repeat ), so maybe there is a connection.