Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2007, 3:03 pm

yeah I'm on both :)

geek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:11 pm

I have a nearly blank myspace page, with one friend.

I have a hard time keeping a wall between my existence as a highly paid technical type, and my much less socially acceptable private life, but feel forced to do so. As a result, there isn't much of a personal statement I can make to world + dog. I think it works a lot better for people who don't have that sort of division in their lives -- students, for example. I thought your page was very nice.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:17 pm

i hate myspace
i hate facebook
they are evil and dangerous

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:56 pm

squier wrote:
i hate myspace
i hate facebook

Same here.

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2007, 4:16 pm

I use MySpace only to look at other peoples pages. I use my blog for most of my communication with others (see sig).

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2007, 4:36 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
squier wrote:
i hate myspace
i hate facebook

Same here.

why???
i love creating my own space where i can put pictures and music and colours and different fonts
kinda like a poster of my own identity

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 4:38 pm

Ribbons wrote:
roygerdodger wrote:
squier wrote:
i hate myspace
i hate facebook

Same here.

why???
i love creating my own space where i can put pictures and music and colours and different fonts
kinda like a poster of my own identity

I would love it to but I have very very little to actually put about myself and what I like.

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2007, 4:41 pm

geek wrote:

I have a hard time keeping a wall between my existence as a highly paid technical type, and my much less socially acceptable private life, but feel forced to do so. As a result, there isn't much of a personal statement I can make to world + dog. I think it works a lot better for people who don't have that sort of division in their lives -- students, for example. I thought your page was very nice.

are you saying ive got more time on my hands as a student???

what do you mean by wall?

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 4:53 pm

I am on facebook. You can pm me if you want to add me as a friend. I like adding friends. I do not have a myspace page as I think it has atrocious content layout.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 4:55 pm

students do have more time on there hands, otherwise why would we all be on facebook procrastinating the days away?
Don't like myspace though, Facebook is so much easier to look at, guess its 'cause every page has the same layout etc.

eddie7sf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2007, 5:08 pm

I hate it.

But yes, I do.

Even though I mainly just use it for music. Most of my real friends are far too cool for Myspace.

:?

geek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 5:15 pm

Ribbons wrote:
geek wrote:

are you saying ive got more time on my hands as a student???

what do you mean by wall?

I don't mean that you necessarily have more time as a student, some students do, others have heavy academic schedules and/or jobs, and have almost no free time at all. I was thinking more of what society will tolerate from different sorts of people. If a student wants to dye their hair magenta, smoke the occasional joint, and get tied up and spanked on the weekend, nobody cares. If the same person were to openly live that way while getting paid $300 an hour for work which required a security clearance, they might well destroy their career and end up like Alan Turing. That's more the sort of thing I'm thinking about. In the Silicon Valley private sector it wasn't an issue, but working for the government it was a HUGE issue. So my life has two very different parts, which I keep as separate as possible.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 5:15 pm

I have both if you want to add me on there. PM me about it,if yes.

-SpaceCase

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 6:19 pm

I use MySpace for...I don't know. Facebook is too confusing.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Apr 2007, 6:21 pm

i'm on both. if you find me i'll probably accept you but im not posting the url here as I probably already posted it somewhere else.