Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2007, 3:35 pm

when you were little did you suffer from ear infections? and ear problems?
im just wondering as i did and so; i lip read, fell over, had no balance, was unordinated, became upset if i couldent undertand or here properly etc
and so i am wondering if these apparent problems were actually A S as a younger girl

02 Apr 2007, 6:53 pm

I had a lot of ear infections when I was a baby and it made me lose my hearing.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:18 pm

Ironically, I never got an ear infection, or had ear problems, though many kids did.

Steve

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:36 pm

I had a bunch of ear infections when I was little. And now, sometimes I hear really well while other times I can barely hear at all. How weird is that?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:37 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I had a bunch of ear infections when I was little. And now, sometimes I hear really well while other times I can barely hear at all. How weird is that?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:45 pm

Yeah...I had alot of infections when i was little...now I am very recptive to remote weird litte sounds..but I person can say whole sentences in front of me and I won't understand a word of it.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:52 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am very recptive to remote weird litte sounds..but I person can say whole sentences in front of me and I won't understand a word of it.

Yeah, same here! I always have to say "what" or "huh" even three times sometimes and I still won't understand what the person said even though I'm clearly listening. I annoy myself and others having to do this...

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:53 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am very recptive to remote weird litte sounds..but I person can say whole sentences in front of me and I won't understand a word of it.

Yeah, same here! I always have to say "what" or "huh" even three times sometimes and I still won't understand what the person said even though I'm clearly listening. I annoy myself and others having to do this...

Me too, and it is worse with people I don't know.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 7:59 pm

I had a massive ear infection when I was an infant, and several smaller ones growing up. I have a pretty loud ringing in my ears, but it's mostly noticeable when it's quiet.

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2007, 7:14 am

Lightning88 wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

ditto

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:17 am

I had a pretty bad ear infection when I was about 14 or 15 and lost part of the hearing in one of my ears but I don't understand how it could be connected with AS?

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:28 am

Ribbons wrote:
when you were little did you suffer from ear infections? and ear problems?
im just wondering as i did and so; i lip read, fell over, had no balance, was unordinated, became upset if i couldent undertand or here properly etc
and so i am wondering if these apparent problems were actually A S as a younger girl

I had them when I was very young, but I have no idea if it was connected to AS. I also had problems with my tonsils (which they actually thought contributed to all the ear problems) and I had Scarlet Fever. Didn't they think at one time Scarlet Fever might be connected to it? If they did, I seriously doubt that. My mother always said, "You were just different," which is actually pretty amusing since that's what all her siblings have to say about her. I guess I was "different" than "different." :lol:

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:47 am

I didn’t. My son didn’t, we have AS.

My mother did, I think she has AS.

My husband did, he does not have AS.

My son was very clumsy, would trip over things and either yell and scream at them for hurting him, or it was like he did not even notice falling! I was black and blue right up to 18 for running into things. The joke was, I looked like my Dalmatian!

Did you have a hearing test? Out of all of us, only my mother actually has a hearing problem. Although my son and I seem to have some sort of Central Auditory Processing problems!

Benway
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2007, 8:50 am

I had to sit out the first few years of my first school's swimming classes because of an ear problem. I was literally just sitting there, alone, staring at the clock and the advertising boardings for the duration of the 1-2 hour lesson every week for 2 years.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:52 am

I never had ear infections as a child, but I did have two quite nasty cases of "swimmer's ear" as an adult.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2007, 9:03 am

I've never had an ear infection.