Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 11:13 am

I can probably count all of the games that have ever made me laugh just off the top of my head, but a couple moments stand out in particular:
I was playing Smash Brawl with my dad one time and he was playing as Snake. The problem was that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing and kept blowing himself up with his own rocket launcher, making Snake do pushups by making him crawl and then get up really fast over and over again, and discovered first hand why Super Spicy Curry and grenades don't mix.
I was playing Super Scribblenauts several months ago and somehow managed to make a giant angry vibrating flying rainbow Pogo stick. I tried to mount it and Maxwell nearly went flying off the screen!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 11:34 am

And at that moment I looked at my brother and said, "100% Aids"

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm

Um...great. Thanks for the nightmares!
Oh, here's a good one.
I was playing Twilight Princess several years ago, and I was running around Hyrule field on Epona, but because night was falling I couldn't see where I was going, and I nearly made Epona run straight off a cliff. Later on, she nearly fell off the Bridge of Eldin. If I was Epona then, I would toss Link off my back and run like crazy!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 10:40 pm

I see all kinds of funny stuff in Animal Crossing, but a few are my real personal favorites, such as one time when I was at Club Lol to get a song from K.K. and then one of the animals, a kangaroo named Mathilda, said she hoped K.K. would take off his shirt and throw it to her. Then she remembered he doesn't wear a shirt.

Another time after I woke up Gulliver on the beach he asked If I was the sweet princess who kissed and awoke him from his slumber, and then he's shocked and exclaims "Wait a minute, you don't look like no princess!"

It was even funnier because I play as both a boy and a girl villager in the game, and at that time I was the boy.

Another time I found Isabelle asleep at her desk. My female character who is the mayor, woke her up and she said, "It's not what it looks like... oh okay, it's exactly what it looks like, but I was dreaming about work! Honest!"
It's also possibly the most adorable thing she's done in the entire game.

Kapp'n will sometimes sing about how he toots more than his own horn. Must be the cucumbers he likes so much. Another time he said he doesn't know why, but when people tell his daughter she looks just like him, she starts crying for some reason. Also if you push the A-button repeatedly, you can skip his song and go straight to the island or back home, but he'll complain a bit before you do. :)

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 11:34 pm

My best friend has a character in my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, and since she can't play very often I get her daily rock for her a few times a week ( partly to make sure she doesn't get cockroaches or that bedhead look )...once, there was a pitfall literally right in front of her door so when she came out of her house when I loaded her up she fell into it :P Wasn't even planted there by anybody, it was the random one you get every day.

The arena battle in the sewer arena in Skylanders Trap Team has no sides, so I constantly see enemies just walk off the platform to their deaths...never stops being funny ( of course, being Skylanders the whole game is funny...except the glitches that is )

Another funny Skylanders moment: the Giant fire element Skylander, Hot Head, randomly shouted "I'm on a hot streak" when I added him to my collection in Superchargers....it was funny because the only vehicle I have at the moment I'm writing this is called Hot Streak ( also, he's SUPPOSED to say "Hey, I'm on fire!"....that's been his catchphrase/battlecry since Giants )

I once had an Octoling in Splatoon suicide off the side of the stage....it was uber funny ( and very helpful....they're tough )

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:28 am

Rune Factory games are practically made of funny moments. One time while playing RF4, I decided to go out fighting monsters wearing my pajamas, equipped with a jack-o-lantern head and boxing gloves, and my party members were a wind faery and a giant grim reaper. It was hilarious! :lol:

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

The Five Nights at Fucboys series is a very..interesting take on the Five nights series. Very humorous and not the least bit scary. Lots of memorable lines from it too :)

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2015, 9:25 am

Bowser's many shenanigans with his minions in the various Mario RPGs.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 10:26 am

I remember when I was playing South Park 64 with my brother. I killed player 2 with a fast dodgeball and knocked him into a Mr. Hankey. The Mr. Hankey kept circling an empty spot. It wouldn't go away or anything. We respawned player 2 and the Mr. Hankey was with him. Player 2 wasn't protected by this Mr. Hankey like normal. We actually stumbled upon an undocumented glitch. We decided to do what we did before and then we had an army of Mr. Hankeys circling around. They still did some damage and they wouldn't go away. Before respawning player 2, we took out the dart gun and switched to the crank option and then fired a huge number of times at the Mr. Hankeys. We respawned Player 2 and he went flying up into space! We broke the game just like that.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 1:43 pm

Playing Super Scribblenauts is always good for a laugh. I once made a giant flying flaming tame mountain lion, but I forgot that the flames would hurt Maxwell, so I nearly ended up KO'ed by my own mount.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 12:12 am

Behold the mighty tree buffalo, last of its kind

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:33 am

On time while playing The Last Story on the Wii, the main character [Zael] was in an alleyway and he slipped on something, and his legs glitched straight through the other side of the alleyway. It was almost like he was falling vertically through the wall.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm

Recently i was playing Team Fortress 2 and i was behind this friendly Heavy who looked quite new to the game. He spotted an enemy teleporter exit and tried to stand on it in an attempt to use it. 2 seconds after standing on it someone came through the teleporter and it killed him. This is one of the reasons i play video games.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 8:03 pm

One is an oversight and the other is a bug but they are funny,

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 10:17 pm

The Mario and Luigi games have given me plenty of LOL moments. In the first game the part that made me laugh the most is when Mario gets Bean Fever and Luigi volunteers to get him some Crabby Grass before he turns into a bean, but then the Toad Doctor tells him and Peach all about the monster living where it grows who (supposedly) is horrible and brutally kills and eats anyone who runs into him. Then Luigi starts trembling like a leaf and hides under a table and Peach has to yell at the top of her lungs to coax him back out, and the way he moves very slowly and the horrified look on his face is priceless. And he stays like that even after you leave until you speak to the hypnotist...

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 12:05 am

Playing Half Life 2 first time round, I was having all sorts of trouble with the Myrmidont, some kind of gigantic version of the antlions. During my seventh or eighth attempt to defeat it, the creature tossed me into the air with a headbutt, and I landed on an otherwise inaccessible ledge. The Myrmidont, which had no projectile weapons, couldn't touch me up there and I was able to pick it off at leisure with a shotgun. You could attempt to make that happen over 100 times and would never succeed. Still felt afterwards that I hadn't 'properly' defeated it.