Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspieguyinnc
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2007, 2:42 pm

I always have a very hard time smiling when someone takes a picture of me. When they ask me to Smile When ever someone take a picture of me without asking me to Smile or take my pic without letting me get ready for the pic my Smile look very good. I was wondering if this is to do with Asperser syndrome what can be done about it and if other people are having the some problem

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 2:44 pm

I do the same thing and I have AS - my mother told me to finally just think of something really, really, really funny instead of thinking of smiling . . .

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2007, 4:50 pm

I don't smile because I feel incredibly stupid smiling when there is nothing to smile about, like the picture is fake. Everyone who sees my driver's licence say I look pissed, which surprises me because that was my "neutral" face

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:52 pm

Can't smile for the camera. MS is a photographer and I keep telling him if he wants to take pix of me he has to do candids. I HATE posing.

AC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2007, 4:53 pm

I always refuse to smile.

AC

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 5:01 pm

I'm no good at smiling on command. I smile when they tell me to, but it ends up being a tiny little curve on my lips and you can barely tell it's a smile at all.

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 6:41 pm

i did not smile until a year old.

IN KG, Gr 1 &2, I tried to make a smile as a perfect circlewith my mouth, showing bottom teeth too... I thought t hat was what everyone did.

At 14 i was known in town as 'the girl who never smiles' I then over compensated, and became "the grinning idiot'.

oh well.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 7:04 pm

I do not smile naturally generally and so it is always a forced thing when taking a photograph of me. And it shows, to me, in most of what is taken.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

My smiles always look fake in pictures unless i'm actually happy.

I don't have any actual happy pics on the net because they are hideous. The one that comes closest is the small black and white one.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 9:36 pm

I can never fake a smile. If I have to smile for a picture, I try to think of something amusing.

EarthCalling wrote:
At 14 i was known in town as 'the girl who never smiles

I have had friends say I never smiled or laughed. They say I seem cold and unemotional.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 2:52 am

Smiling usually is fake or a sign of anger in me - unless I'm just laughing, but that can be in anger as well.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 3:00 am

Funny I ran into this because just a while ago I was googling "why can't i smile?" It might sound ridiculous, but I'm quite sick of not being able to. I just saw a video of myself and seeing my neutral expression, I wouldn't want to talk to me. It's very unprofessional for my work because I would to show up at people's houses and people percieve me as being unfriendly and unwilling to make small talk, which I'm not... And these people pay a LOT of money, I feel so bad... Are there some kind of facial exercises you can do?

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 3:06 am

It took looking at pictures of myself to realize this but when I think I am smiling it looks more like a sneer, or the fear grin that chimpanzees do with their bottom teeth jutting out.

Demonic_Duck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2007, 3:44 am

Cameras hate me whether I smile or not. They always make me look awful. THEY'S OUT TER GET ME I TELLS YER!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 4:43 am

I can force I smile, but it's usually obvious it's forced. People used to ask me if I was depressed in school because I rarely smiled.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 5:42 am

After years of having problems with this and looking weird in every single family photo..including I.D. photos where I am stonily staring straight ahead...etc...i finally sorta taught myself to smile...now alot of pics of me have a sorta tense nervous contrived kinda smile..or else a mysterious closed mouth semi-smile.....but at least it is sorta a smile....Also I think the advent of digital cameras has helped me alot with the faces I make...in fact, I am sorta in the habit of taking self-portraits in order to assess my appearance, and then i can erase them if they look bad...i also sorta notice that if I don't smile or make some tiny attempt, i look angry in photos....anywhoo...over the last few years I have practiced alot..