Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 4:35 am

Do you cry often? I hardly ever cry, though i am upset and sad often. The last time i cried was briefly after someone i liked left where i work. That was not in work but at home afterwords. Rarely i shed a tear at some almost random not even necessarily sad thing in a film or something, but other than that nothing.
When i was about 15 i cried myself to sleep almost every night. Maybe having wet pillows and nothing changing made me stop bothering with crying.
What kinds of things do you cry at?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 4:59 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Do you cry often? I hardly ever cry, though i am upset and sad often. The last time i cried was briefly after someone i liked left where i work. That was not in work but at home afterwords. Rarely i shed a tear at some almost random not even necessarily sad thing in a film or something, but other than that nothing.
When i was about 15 i cried myself to sleep almost every night. Maybe having wet pillows and nothing changing made me stop bothering with crying.

I posted a similar question a while ago cause I was crying a lot due to depression and still am/do.

I've been crying a lot cause I was a member of a church and had friends and they disowned me for lack of a better word. The pastor who knew I was autistic accused me of a bunch of stuff and said I use autism as an excuse and that has been hard to swallow. I think its the most hurtful thing anyone has told me and I am still not over it. I not sensitive really, I've been cursed out before and it didn't hurt as bad as this. I suppose it is what it is, nothing I can do about it now but move on.

Also unrelated - OMG the spam - I almost didn't see your post.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 5:09 am

I still cry. But not usually over situations like a sad scene in a movie or even someone dying. Usually it's in pain like when I get a migraine or in frustration like in speech therapy.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2015, 8:51 am

I often cry. I wish I were not so sensitive, but I am.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:53 am

I'm pretty sensitive inwardly--but outwardly, I'm pretty stoic most of the time. I show more irritation than sadness, usually.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:59 am

For a man, yes I do although less than the average woman. Why do you think I got beaten up so much in school? I cried a lot as a child mostly because I could not understand why my relatives treated me so poorly compared to my brother and always blatantly favoured him. I was not and still am not aware of what I could have done to have such hostile reactions from Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Cousins.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 9:08 am

I cry a lot over the most mundane things. When I was little I used to cry when I saw animal skins and stuffed animals in museums. I once had a terrible meltdown when I saw a pair of two adorable fawns in a display case and read the little plaque that bluntly told me how they died. My mum was quite sharp with me that day, and I was so hurt and bewildered that I eventually managed to stop crying.
However, lately I've been much happier than usual, which is great.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 9:12 am

If I dared cried after the age of about five, I was called a crybaby.

Things you didn't do when you are a young child: cry, and rat on your friends.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 9:18 am

^I cried all the time when I was young, especially when I had meltdowns and went to school.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Nov 2015, 9:27 am

Sometimes, I dunno. I think the medication makes me quicker to tear up. Just thinking about my life situation, frustrated and overwhelmed. It's hard, I expend all my energy just trying to do what normal adults do but I fail hard at it.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:04 am

I am extremely sensitive and cry a lot. I get overwhelmed with emotions even about small things that no one else might even notice.

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

I have not cried in over 20 years. Perplexes everybody around me. And, it has caused no shortage of derision from people in certain situations.

But, no matter how much pain I feel emotionally, no tears.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:04 pm

I don't cry much anymore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

InsomniaGrl wrote:

I have like a sadness reservoir or something and when it tips over I cry.
I just bury everything and seem stoic as f**k on the outside. Everyone tells me they have a hard time reading me haha I can't read them so I suppose it is equal. I do have a hard time with emotions I've had the hardest time labeling how I feel lately.
I will cry from happiness at the stupidest things.
For example, my friend who I am very fond of but don't get to see because they live like 16hrs away by plan sent me a txt message asking about work and said they would be coming over for holiday and I got so happy that I just started crying in the middle of the street. I curled up into a ball and just cried and rocked back and forth so I removed myself from public view at that point LOL!
But I was just so overcome!
All emotions like that kind of just push me over.
As a kid I was picked on ALOT for being overly emotional and reacting to my surroundings too much so I learned to lock it all away.
So I never really cry especially not at sad s**t. It's a weakness lol (don't believe that but that's the prevailing cultural image) or if I cry people think I am PMSing (you know because a female can't actually show emotions because then they are just "crazy" or whatever and nothing they say gets taken seriously)even though I'm not.
But I tend to have super delayed crying or like some emotional latency or deadness or something.
Like I broke up with someone and I was just like okay whatever for literally months and then like 4 months later I just started crying and got very sad- like a damn broke or something and now I'm still kind of feeling the after effects of that- emotional landscape = screwed up!!

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm

For what it is worth I have literally never in my entire life seen a male cry ever not past the age of 3? Basically after all that cultural BS conditioning kicks in.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2015, 2:53 pm

Somewhat rare for me to cry now but I cried all the time as a child and a lot as a teenager.