Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2015, 11:42 pm

I guess this could have gone in a different section, but seriously, these people need to find a hobby.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=107989
I realize they're a parody, but I have a weird obsession with this site for some reason. I've tried to be on there several times and have gotten banned. This time I was dumb enough to use my beloved word Sequoia as a username, and they pounced on it, especially after I told them I'm an Aspie. I could play along with the parody, but I could not in good conscience write that hateful crap they post, even in satire form. And I certainly couldn't mess with someone with the bizarre weird form of synesthesia I have and cause them to have bad triggers. That is seriously not funny. I'm gonna have to go turn on Irish music full blast just to counteract the bad triggers from some of their posts, especially when it comes to that word.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 12:09 am

Sequoia wrote:
they're a parody

Oh... :oops:
:alien:

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 1:45 am

[sarcasm]How dare you speak of those holy people of God that way! By offending them you have offended God! The spirit of the devil lives within you. Bow down to God and repent![/sarcasm]

After reading that thread, I want to punch those people in the face, especially that Pastor Ezekiel Image

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 2:13 am

"Any sufficiently sophisticated parody of a religion is indistinguishable from the religion being parodied." -- Fnord

Strange ... if you make a parody of a scientific principle, it is easy to spot it as a parody; yet when a religion is being parodied, it starts another religion.

I sometimes wonder if there if there is only one true religion, and that everything else that followed after it is a parody of that first religion.

Then again, the first religion is just as likely to have been started when the first scoundrel met the first fool.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 2:38 am

There is only one "Get a Life" parody of a "religion" that counts.
SNL William Shatner Trekkies 1986

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm

Ahh yes, I can't stand Pastor Ezekiel. I'd like to take one of my teddy bears, preferably a Teddy Ruxpin since he's hard, and bop that so-called pastor upside the head.

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:51 am

I realize that site is a parody, and people being banned from it is part of the joke. But it's sad to know that religion is a thing taken seriously in real life. As a civilized society, we should just let go of this garbage and move on.