Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2016, 12:42 am

hey, I was wondering if I could get help criticizing my profile, like add more here, or that is misspelled and such. I have always believed two eyes are better then one and many eye's are more likely to catch more. moderator if this is out of place or wrong to post please go ahead and delete.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TimingisKeysee

I think that link works

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

I am very in touch with my inner child or so I am told constantly, I am terrific with children due to my young nature, I Live with my two little sisters whom I love so very much.

---missing a period. Why is live capitalized? That can be done for emphasis, but i'm not sure what you're emphasizing.

Doing Graduate Courses to become a(n) hardware/software engineer

--the details part says a 2 year degree. Graduate courses?

I am an exceptional reader, however I haven't found any books to catch my attention yet.

--what is an exceptional reader? How would you know you are one if a book has never caught your attention?

I enjoy a lot of movies, hard to narrow down as I don't watch them often.
--you enjoy a lot of them..but don't watch them much?

The profile is very...obscure. From what you wrote, I know (or interpret):
You are Christian and it is important.
You're youthful or perhaps immature.
You don't go very far beyond your home.
You think the guy should contact the girl.
You probably live at home with your parents.
You say you are monogamous.
You play video games, live with dogs, and don't drink/smoke/drugs.

I have no idea:
what you care or are passionate about
Other than video games, what you like to do
What you have to offer/why anyone would want to be with you (other than you get along with kids..which i guess is good if they want to have one with you)
What you're looking for (other than any Christian girl age 18-20).

I don't say this to be harsh. If i were a Christian girl 18-20, i wouldn't contact you and if you did me, unless Christianity was the One and only thing i cared about (you said in another post you don't want super zealous religious girls), and i wouldn't reply as i know nothing about you and thus have no idea if we're even potentially compatible.

Maybe this is how okcupid is? I haven't used it. But I think you would get more from it if you put more about yourself (likes, dislikes, things you enjoy doing, beliefs) and what you look for in a girlfriend (smoking/non, politics, .interests, humor style, intelligence level, attitude, diet, active/couch potato, homebody/social, etc etc). With none of that, as a female, a profile that vague reads as either someone looking to get laid by anyone, or very evasive (red flag).

AlwaysIsForever
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Feb 2016, 1:41 am

The person above me has said exactly what I was thinking.

Like, where are your hobbies? I don't really know what you're looking for either.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 5:08 am

Yep, all of the above.

The "You should message me if" section worries me. You have old-fashioned ideas about who should message first, but not everybody does. A woman who was thinking of sending you a message might think twice after reading that. You just told her she could "try"...sounds to me like you are giving her a sort of challenge that she may fail at. That just doesn't sound very inviting.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 7:03 am

Plenty of what I'd say has already been said here.

You're tall with a good jawline. Do you smile?

Too many 'very's in the first paragraph. For someone that professes to be 'very in touch' with your 'inner child', it's a serious profile with nothing in the way of levity or humour. This gives me the impression 'inner child' doesn't so much mean 'lighthearted' or 'exuberant' as it does 'immature'.

You're an 'exceptional reader' (and yes, what is that?) who doesn't really read, and you're someone who likes lots of movies but you don't watch them often. Neither really makes sense.

You have little to say about yourself, and what you do say is vague and/or confusing. And if someone sees your profile and is interested or intrigued, they are then given the impression they shouldn't message you.

Suggested edit:

I appear shy at first but when you get to know me I am outgoing and enthusiastic. I enjoy exploring my neighborhood and other places nearby.

I am terrific with children due to my young nature - I appreciate their honesty and directness and exuberance. I live with my two little sisters whom I love so very much.

To be frank, a focus on kids in such a short profile may, sadly, come across as a bit creepy. But, it really depends on who you're looking for - as fireflies mentioned, there's no indication of what you're looking for in a woman. And there's so little about you that it would be hard for someone to get an idea that you are who they're looking for.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2016, 12:23 pm

THANK YOU ALL, that was extremely helpful. I have revised my profile to fill in holes and try to fix my errors. I appreciate your help so much all of you! alas, I do not have a lot of interests... I like to walk, play video games, and watch netflix/crunchyroll. I do enjoy other things I just don't do them enough to be considered interests. also I have Asian eyes... lol, so when I smile my eyes look closed. its why I didn't smile. and no that is not racist its an actual diagnosis.

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2016, 1:12 am

I should have read that you got help before I visited. Oops. Good luck to you!

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:50 am

zeertheseer wrote:
THANK YOU ALL, that was extremely helpful. I have revised my profile to fill in holes and try to fix my errors. I appreciate your help so much all of you! alas, I do not have a lot of interests... I like to walk, play video games, and watch netflix/crunchyroll. I do enjoy other things I just don't do them enough to be considered interests. also I have Asian eyes... lol, so when I smile my eyes look closed. its why I didn't smile. and no that is not racist its an actual diagnosis.

Then I suggest going for a cheekier smile, e.g. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=dead ... sr56xjM%3A

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2016, 7:53 pm

you think that will help? it looks kinda stupid to me