Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

27 Apr 2007, 5:57 pm

Hello,

I thought we could all have rant/b*tch/moan to get it off our chests.

Here's mine. I put it in the IEP update but I thought we should have a spot to just get it off our chest!

I've just walked out on my m-in-law (been tempted to many times in past but actually did it today).

She operates by giving lectures. Today when I was discussing how unhappy Daniel has been and his escalating meltdowns she started another lecture along the lines of .... kids will put it on so they can get away with anything blah blah blah

I told her I was leaving because I didn't find this helpful. I decided to leave before I said anything I might regret.

Big sigh. She obviously doesn't understand Asperger's despite me trying to explain on numerous occasions ... but I don't think she's done much to try to understand.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 6:12 pm

hmmm...an online friend of mine and I had an argument... which sucks as were normally good friends but we've been a little weird around eachother (I think because of we went a little far with the complments and fantasies :oops:
but I feel bad because I apparantly did something now she says I'm mean :(

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 6:14 pm

Not really sure my rant belongs in the parent forum, but I'll do it anyway,

Following the breakup from his girlfriend my housemates friend decided he couldn't cope with his housemates at the time due to the fact they were still close to his gf.
3 Months after splitting up with her, he is still as depressed (an ongoing problem from before sadly), sleeping on our couch every night and being a lazy emo bastard!

I have no empathy for his situation - it happened ages ago and his depression is like a shadow on my life.

To make it worse- he manages to consume anything not hidden away and bolted down! (even a whole can of deodorant left in the bathroom - i think he used it as air freshner after a smelly one!)
We can't even tidy the living room since he has a load of stuff there, we can't sit on our sofa since he is on it half of the time and he has been given a key by my housemate so I can't 'eject' him (I couldn't live with myself possibly causing someones suicide though, so it would never happen)

Rant over...

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 6:42 pm

I asked my sister if she could take the kids of a few hours tommorow. She never does, I don't know what I was smoking. It is my husband and my aniversery though, and we really could use a breather. Well, she can't because she is having her boyfriends family over.

I may be back with more rants :?

ster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 3:00 pm

my mom sent me one of those chain emails ~ which i hate to begin with~ but his one was horrible ! it went on and on about how "when they were kids, their family wasn't dysfunctional. it just the way things were....and they didn't need therapists."............it also went on and on about how most kids just need a good swat on the a*@, instead of "coddling them". :evil:

Jessrn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2007, 8:16 pm

My Step-mother tried to push the theory that AS is not a form of Autism on me Friday. When I asked her what it was she said "They don't know, but this book says its not autism." To tell you the truth-does it matter if it is autism or not? My child still has difficulties no matter what label you put on him. As long as it gets us help at school and insurance covers his various appointments, they could call it Poop (my son's favorite word right now) syndrome!

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 9:20 pm

I'm tired of homeschooling :(.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 9:49 pm

Apatura wrote:

Homeschooling is quite rare here. (I was surprised to see so much reference to it on here)

Is it possible to form a co-operative (if that's the right word) to have a small group - effectively a very small private school ?

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

30 Apr 2007, 4:50 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Apatura wrote:

Homeschooling is quite rare here. (I was surprised to see so much reference to it on here)

Is it possible to form a co-operative (if that's the right word) to have a small group - effectively a very small private school ?

No no no. We are just ranting. We don't want solutions. We just want to rant and rave.

To EarthCalling's sister ..... Boo, Hiss!
To Jessrn's step-mother ..... Get Bent!
To ster's mom ...... Up Yours!
To Dingo Dv's housemates friend ... Get on with your life, and replace all the stuff you've nicked!
To Kilroy's friend .... Get over it!

I feel so much better now!

Smelena

ster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 5:19 am

i had a psychiatrist tell me once that there's no such thing as aspergers~it's just a severe form of ADHD !

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 6:25 pm

Smelena wrote:
No no no. We are just ranting. We don't want solutions. We just want to rant and rave.

To EarthCalling's sister ..... Boo, Hiss!
To Jessrn's step-mother ..... Get Bent!
To ster's mom ...... Up Yours!
To Dingo Dv's housemates friend ... Get on with your life, and replace all the stuff you've nicked!
To Kilroy's friend .... Get over it!

I feel so much better now!

Smelena

Ah yes, I forget women do that. My wife hates it when she rants about something and I offer a solution when she doesn't want one, she just wants to talk :roll:

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2007, 9:48 pm

Apatura wrote:

I am tired of homeschooling, too. I can't wait for a break next year by putting him in public school. :?

I am also tired of parents with NT kids giving me looks in the stores. It is hard enough dealing in the store. More so after a hard day dealing. Then you go to the store & these parents of NT kids look at you like your a bad parent. :x

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 2:11 am

Don't worry about your Mother in Law smelena, I think its common to be frustrated at them and all of there little idiosyncracies.

Jessrn - your both right, your son has AS, and so it doesn't matter whether its an ASD or not. Maybe allow her to take up that stance, maybe she can't cope with the negative connotations of autism that her generation has?

ster - he was just trying to sell you the adhd meds!

As for the ranting is it really only woman that don't want answers? I don't want answers, as often I know what they are, I just can't bring myself to do them (often too much emotional effort - such as getting into an argument with the housemates friend). I have recently been told by friends that I should go on Grumpy Old Men - I'm only 20...

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

01 May 2007, 6:25 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Smelena wrote:

Smelena

Ah yes, I forget women do that. My wife hates it when she rants about something and I offer a solution when she doesn't want one, she just wants to talk :roll:

Ah we'll forgive you. You are male after all. 8)

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 6:45 am

I hate it when I want to rant and rave and someone (husband) wants to give me a logical answer. And when one daughter says, 'I haven't got a solution.'

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

hexel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2007, 9:59 am

Oh, Smelena I feel your pain! My MIL is coming to visit us tomorrow and she's also a non-believer :evil: Instead of lectures, though, I get patronizing nods and e-mails that begin with: "If M were my child, I would...." Makes me want to pull my hair out!