Do you learn a lot from asking stupid questions?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 11:37 pm

I sometimes ask intentionally stupid or crazy questions when I don't understand something. It works pretty well for me. I often get detailed explanations that explain why I'm wrong. Does anyone else do this?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 11:51 pm

Depends on the stupid questions in question. Could you give some examples?

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 1:22 am

My view is there is no such thing as a stupid question, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask!.. I have been in a number of brain storming discussions over the years and there have been moments individuals will portray an idea everyone scoffs at only for that idea to evolve into the best idea, so again... So no such thing as a stupid question, all questions are valid :)

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 1:26 am

I used to ask distracting questions in biology class. They led to some fantastic answers from the teacher. His and my kindergarten are the only teacher names I remember.

:idea:

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 1:30 am

mikeman7918 wrote:

"Why do Native Americans look so Russian?" and a bunch of other wacky stuff

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 3:00 am

DevilKisses wrote:
mikeman7918 wrote:

Not a silly question at all! Actually there is scientific proof showing some Native Americans share DNA with Siberian areas, and would make sense when looking between the North american straits with Russia.. The History we have been led to believe is not entirely factual, and with more advances in science we are realizing how modern day history of the past is wrong.. Just to keep it short :)... What you or others may seem as ""Wacky"", are actually very legitimate questions! :

So again, no such thing as a stupid question all questions are valid, what may seem odd/wacky or stupid actually often leads on to research changing history as we know it! :)

This_Space_Intentionally_Left_Blank
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2016, 6:19 am

I think you are incorrectly defining what a stupid question is. According to my definition, a stupid question is one which does not require an answer because the answer is contained within the question. All other questions are fair game.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 6:35 am

Space

You are referring to things like the Jeopardy category.
Example.
Whose buried in Mr. Smiths Tomb.
( with apology to Grant)

My definition was based on my own definition. ( which is a yin yang of reality, creativity and dash of :o
whimsy.

8O

:P

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 6:45 am

Again, i dont believe there is such a thing as a stupid question. I have heard some very ""Wacky"" questions in my time that have created discussions where brilliance has materialized..

and as far as your statement goes space, many of those type of questions (Interrobang) are more used as a statements.
ie. ""Do you really want me to clean up my mess i just made!?"". Its not really a question but a form of sarcastic statement that is a question also, but does not make it redundant because its part of the rhetoric.

and yes, i have learnt many things from questions that were originally perceived by others to be ""stupid"".

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 6:58 am

Uncle wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
mikeman7918 wrote:

Not a silly question at all! Actually there is scientific proof showing some Native Americans share DNA with Siberian areas, and would make sense when looking between the North american straits with Russia.. The History we have been led to believe is not entirely factual, and with more advances in science we are realizing how modern day history of the past is wrong.. Just to keep it short :)... What you or others may seem as ""Wacky"", are actually very legitimate questions! :

So again, no such thing as a stupid question all questions are valid, what may seem odd/wacky or stupid actually often leads on to research changing history as we know it! :)

Glad I'm not going crazy. I think people are in denial of this because Russian people are "white" and Native Americans are "brown." That leads the same or similar facial features to be interpreted completely differently depending on skin tone. It explains why some white/native people look "completely white."

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 7:09 am

Remember there is more than one way to view a world map, if you look from the other angle it would make sense that Asian/Russian cultures would have ventured that direction at some point. The Phoenician times were great sea trading times, so again would make sense.. Also to some extent we all have colored ancestry also, as our genomes seem to trace back to Africa.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 9:19 am

Yes! :lol:
And I encourage my besties and others too. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.