The BRAG about your Aspie thread!

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hopeful4ian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2007, 8:01 am

Our kids have their challenges, but they also have their strengths and aspects of their personalities which endear them to you. What positive things can you say about your Aspie? Go ahead... BRAG!! !! !

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:07 pm

my son is extremely smart and is an excellent reader. He is in an Accelerated Reading program at school and even though he is in Kindergarten he reads on a 4th grade level. :)

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2007, 1:29 pm

My son has the heart of gold. He doesn't have a manipulative bone in his body. Always honest and answers questions truthfully.

He's a great artist. I love his paintings and his poems. They are beautiful and full of imaginations.

He's so good with Lego and in general building things. I would like to encourage him to excel in this field.

Omma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2007, 1:57 pm

What a great post!!

My son is a very sweet and passive boy! He loves animals and wants to save them all. He says when he grow up, he's going to the jungle to help save all the endangered animals. This boy doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He is truely a peace keeper.

I LOVE MY LITTLE GUY!!

Corsarzs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2007, 5:46 pm

This was an excellent idea, Omma!

My son, Z, is a marvelous kid. He is full of the wonder of life as all young people should be. Learning is his main goal in life, anything and everything fascinates him. He works hard to deal socially and is making great progress. He understands his Aspergers is both a challenge and a gift and strives to make the best of all aspects of his life. Overall he is a great kid.

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2007, 9:00 pm

My son is an awesome reader. He has been very successful in skipping a grade. He is awesome to watch as he puts Lego, or K'nex models together. He truly has a beatiful. The possibilities are endless....................

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

05 May 2007, 1:06 am

My son know more about dinosaurs than any kid his age (and most adults).

My son can follow instructions for lego and bionicles and assemble them faster than my engineer husband.

My son is brilliant at maths. He spots mistakes the teacher immediately (and tells her of course).

My son is very creative and makes up sci-fi stories.

I love him and wouldn't change a thing about him! :heart:

Helen36
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2007, 7:59 am

My son is adorable, red hair, freckles, and blue eyes. He has an imagination like noone I know. He is very creative, loves to draw. He is really into drawing comics right now. He will may up little stories and has all these diffrent books he carries around with all the different subjects of comics. He tells me about all these different inventions he has come up with and wants to one day design video games. I am so blessed to have him :D

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 1:38 pm

my son says I am "gorgeous all the time" :D

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

hopeful4ian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2007, 3:47 pm

My son taught himself to read at age 4 (no help from anyone that I know of), and is still an excellent reader. He likes to make up games and recently made one up that some of the NT kids he sometimes plays with actually like (a baseball-themed game). He recently received an award for his math skills, and he can tell you just about anything you ever wanted to know about world history. He is such a cuddle-bug; he loves to snuggle and hug and kiss me and my husband, and he he has an amazing sense of humor -- it is too bad that kids his age don't get him, because he is downright hilarious! He's a whiz at any kind of game, be it video or otherwise, and he also can put together complicated Bionicles without help. Best of all, he is generous and thoughtful, and he makes me feel very loved!

I wish I had 10 kids just like him...! :heart:

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:31 pm

My son, S, is 16 and gifted with an IQ of 146. He is in the pre-International Baccalaureate program ( an international honors program) and in Gr. 10. He also plays violin and has found his own in a group of friends that are very much like him. Two have AS like him. They are the most morally sound group of kids I have ever met and a delight to be around ( if you can understand their large vocabularies) :D
My son, T2, is 13 and has AS and NLD. He is one of the most peaceful, happy people I know despite the fact that he struggled terribly in the last 2 years (puberty is not fun with AS). He is a moderator on the role-playing game that he plays and always reminds everyone that "it is just a game. SHEESH! " He is a mix between Jim Carey and Dick Van Dyck (comedians) and makes everyone laugh. When I went back and looked back at his report cards all of his teachers remarked that T2 makes them smile every day. It's too bad he ran into teachers in grades 5 and 6 who had no sense of humor. They stole some of his innocence. He has also memorized every hockey stat that he has ever read. If you have a hockey question he's the boy to ask! :D

Jessrn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2007, 7:35 pm

My son loves unconditionally.

He is smarter than I am and he is only 5.

He has a killer smile with dimples and he wears glasses.

He has a great imagination, we are always blasting off in a space shuttle!

He loves his baby sister and has taken care of her since she was born.

He is a cuddle bug.

He never gets tired of asking the question "Why?"

My baby enjoys every minute of life and has the energy for it.

BugsMom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2007, 4:03 am

My son is bright, creative, energetic, inquisitive, and loving....he is the light of my life, and I am honored to be his mother.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:06 am

My guy makes everyone smile and has a contagious giggle. Even for being only 4 years old, he is reading wonderfully and loves numbers. His memory is like a steel trap!

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 6:53 am

My son can spot wildlife like no one else I have ever met. He can see a deer 40 feet back in the dark of night, or 300 feet off running away in a camoflaged environment or a moose blended in the trees. he does all of this usually when we are driving around 100 km an hour! Most of our trips, he is the sole spotter of wildlife. As he has no desire to hunt or hurt any animal, I think he may be a fantastic wildlife photographer one day!

Motomome
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 May 2007, 5:04 pm

My son plays catcher on his Little League baseball team and he is the best player on his team. (and I am not saying that because I am his mother)

He is amazing when he is out on the track with his dirt bike.

He is a best friend to his 2 brothers.

He is genuine with his love and affection towards both his family and friends.

He has no enemies, even if he doesn't like someone he doesn't let it be known.

He works so hard everyday in school to do his best and be better then he was the day before.

He is just a great kid!