Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mr. Cat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2016, 6:01 pm

My main stim is finger sucking while smelling my hair. I'm in my 20s, so I really want to replace this stim somehow. A google search of "good household items to suck on"... um... wasn't very helpful at all. A similar search for chewing just led to results about babies and dogs. I've wanted to order chewable jewelry online, but I don't have a job right now and my debit card has only about $10 left on it, so that's not really an option. Does anyone here like to suck or chew on things? What items that could be found lying around the house do you like to use? Sucking is best, but I think any oral activity may suffice.

gsli431
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2016, 8:35 pm

Until last year, my main stim was rubbing my hands together. To stim, i was using side of paper, rope etc. So thin objects. Now, i give up stimming because when i stimmed i was feeling shame.

Mr. Cat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm

To not stim makes me extremely irritable and out of control. I've always been ashamed of my stim, but I could never stop it. I hope somebody has suggestions... I really want to be able to stim in public.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 11:33 pm

What about gum or food you can suck or chew on?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 1:42 am

I have a long leather keychain lanyard clipped to my beltloop that I smell and chew on and suck. Plus twisting it around and wrapping it around my fingers. But I still suck my thumb at times.

nopantspolicy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jun 2016, 2:43 am

I like pens, since sucking on the end of the pen looks pretty inconspicuous if you're in an office or school setting. Pencil erasers too.